Automatically connect to multiple APs - TP-Link TL-WR741ND

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
zzb3886
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:42    Post subject: Automatically connect to multiple APs - TP-Link TL-WR741ND Reply with quote
I just dd-wrted my TP-Link TL-WR741ND (4M flash, 32M ram). I was going to set up AutoAP to be able to automatically connect two WEP-protected APs with known passcodes. But dynamnic script download didn't work as no open AP was available, and JFFS couldn't be enabled (there seems to be only a std version, no mini available).

So AutoAP is probably not going to work. In fact, what I need is much less than what AutoAP supports -- I just need to periodically check the availability of two APs, and connect to the available one. I'm wondering if I can write some scripts much simpler than AutoAP and paste it into the startup command box. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out what command(s) to use to connect to a WEP-protected AP yet.

Is this doable? Any suggestion on the script will be much appreciated!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: