[SOLVED] Leased line routing question

paha
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 23:45    Post subject: [SOLVED] Leased line routing question Reply with quote
Hello,

I got a leased line network connection installed by my ISP. It's a Huawei switch with Ethernet and I have two addresses. The "outside" interface address is:

AAA.BBB.130.100/31

And I have got 6 public ip's with a

AAA.BBB.192.192/29 subnet.

First I've setup my dd-wrt (on a Linksys wrt54gl router) with the following WAN interface:

Connection type: static ip
WAN IP: AAA.BBB.130.102
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.252
Gateway: AAA.BBB.130.101

Then I've configured the inner side of the dd-wrt:

Local IP: AAA.BBB.192.194
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.248
Gateway: AAA.BBB.192.193

After doing this, every host connected to the LAN side and assigned with a AAA.BBB.192.192/29 IP works well but the router does the NAT so the hosts look like they are coming from AAA.BBB.130.102.

Ok, in the Advanced Routing TAB I've changed operating mode from gateway to router and the LAN hosts look like they are coming from their real AAA.BBB.192.192/29 IP.

But it's not possible to reach these LAN hosts on their public IP and I cannot figure out what is wrong with this configuration.

My ISP is also unsure: one of their technicans said it's not possible but another one says it's so simple.

Can you help me?

Thank you!

Last edited by paha on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:46; edited 2 times in total
Sponsor
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 0:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
The router's firewall is still blocking incoming traffic. You need to use iptables to allow incoming traffic to them. This rule added to your firewall script on the admin->commands page will allow everything through to them. If you want to allow less then see the iptables wiki page.

iptables -I FORWARD -j ACCEPT

paha
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
phuzi0n wrote:
The router's firewall is still blocking incoming traffic. You need to use iptables to allow incoming traffic to them. This rule added to your firewall script on the admin->commands page will allow everything through to them. If you want to allow less then see the iptables wiki page.

Thank you phuzi0n I'll give it a try and tell the result.
paha
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
phuzi0n wrote:

Works great, thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: