Asus RT-N16 now supported

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97  Next
eyupmiduck
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 20:09    Post subject: Re: can not get the DHCP in WAN to work Reply with quote
Masterman wrote:
vintung wrote:
can not get the DHCP in WAN to work, it does not get the ip from my ISP and it only stay as 0.0.0.0

does anyone knows how to solve this problem?

begging for help

Did you power-cycle your modem before you hooked up the router?

If that doesn't work check to see if your modem has battery backup. Mine does. I needed to remove and replace it after I unplugged it.
Sponsor
TooFastForYa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 23:45    Post subject: Still the preferred router? Reply with quote
Looking to buy another router. Purchased one of these a few months ago. It it still the recommended router or is there something else out there now?
Thanks
Masterman
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:56    Post subject: Re: Still the preferred router? Reply with quote
TooFastForYa wrote:
Looking to buy another router. Purchased one of these a few months ago. It it still the recommended router or is there something else out there now?
Thanks

Not with the hardware specs.

Personally I don't even use the RT-N16's for wireless, just as routers due to the 128MB of RAM and 32MB of flash. I then use Linksys Dual-band routers to provide wired (layer 2) wireless AP's

Asus WL500W
Asus RT-N10
Asus RT-N12
Asus RT-N16 x3
D-Link DIR-825B
Linksys WRT320Nv1
Linksys WRT600Nv1.1
Linksys WRT610Nv1
Linksys E2000
Netgear WNDR3300
TP-Link WR1043ND
Suicide_Route
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
About to purchase this router. Does the 30-30-30 rule still apply in Asus devices or can I use the factory default option in the UI?
Masterman
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Suicide_Route wrote:
About to purchase this router. Does the 30-30-30 rule still apply in Asus devices or can I use the factory default option in the UI?

The 30/30/30 reset is what I consider a "dead" method with these newer routers. Asus routers are virtually unbrickable because the reset button puts them in to restore mode.

So yes, either the Factory defaults Option, or CLI erase nvram (preferred)).

Asus WL500W
Asus RT-N10
Asus RT-N12
Asus RT-N16 x3
D-Link DIR-825B
Linksys WRT320Nv1
Linksys WRT600Nv1.1
Linksys WRT610Nv1
Linksys E2000
Netgear WNDR3300
TP-Link WR1043ND
rob1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok just got my Asus RT-N16 router, i have read through a lot of the forums got my printer setup and running. I am having trouble setup up my use hard drive.

OS Window 7
I am running 15962 build

First question do have i need to format my use hard drive to the linus os or is there just a way to plug in my usb drive and it working in it current format? (current format Fat 32)

IF yes how do you do that, not very computer savvy, so could explain everything well.

If No, when I format my hard drive will i be able to plug into my other window computer and will it work?

Note: under services/ usb it read and show my usb hard drive information.

Last question will i be able to see this hard drive under my network or will show up somewhere else when it working
merm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:47    Post subject: Re: Strange Problem Reply with quote
lzwcomp wrote:
Kewlj1313 wrote:
lzwcomp wrote:
bkmo wrote:
Quote:

I'm going to try a newer version of the firmware. Can someone on this forum recommend what newer version to use? There appear to be several branches in subversion and I don't know which one is "best".

Regards,
Fred

This is working good for me.

http://dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/12-24-10-r15962/broadcom_K26/dd-wrt.v24-15962_NEWD-2_K2.6_big.bin

I upraded my firmware to "DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/24/10) big - build 15962". I still have the same problem. I've tried reconfiguring my wifi settings several different ways but still no luck. It appears to take several hours after a reboot before the router will start dropping wifi connections - by dropping I mean my laptops will lose connection and then they can reestablish a connection several minutes later.

Hardware problem? Firmware problem? I'm not sure which. I'm looking for advice on how to diagnose this issue.

Regards,
Fred

Hello! I had very similar issues. I'm guessing that you have your wifi channel set to Auto. I was having the same problems you are having when mine was set to Auto. This is a known issue with this router + DD-WRT and Tomato.

Just set your channel to a set channel 1-11 and you will no longer have the intermittent wifi issues :)

Let us know if that fixes it for ya, it certainly solved all my problems!!

Oh and I'm running 14896.

Thank you Kewlj1313. I did have it set to Auto as you surmised.

I appreciate your help.

Regards,
Fred

I've tried 14896 big, and now 15962 big and am having this same issue with wireless connections dropped after some period of time. A reboot of the router establishes the connections again.

I don't use "auto"

My settings are:
Mode: AP
Net Mode: NG-Mixed
SSID: alpha
Channel: 10
Width: 40
Control: upper
SSID: enable
ACK: 50
Config: Bridged

TX power: 17
monakh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 20:51    Post subject: OpenVPN broken? Reply with quote
Is the OpenVPN client broken in build 15943M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko? It used to work for me in an older build. I see that there are more options but it's not working for me at all. Nothing has changed except I upgraded dd-wrt.

"error=certificate is not yet valid" is how it starts. At least, the Status/OpenVPN tab finally works in client mode because I can see the verbose output. That is great!
razor1394
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 14:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm also having problems with wireless devices loosing connection. It happens both on my HTC Desire and our Squeezebox Radio's but not on my mothers laptop. There is no need to reboot the router because I just press save and activate changes on the wifi settings page and wifi works again. In my case I have tried upgrading to 15962 and use manual settings but the problem still persists. It's highly annoying and I'm thinking if It's time to switch back to the Asus firmware. I never really tried the Asus firmware because I immediately flashed the device to DD-WRT 14896 mega.

Now I'm trying 15963 svn...
yousaf465
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
razor1394 wrote:
I'm also having problems with wireless devices loosing connection. It happens both on my HTC Desire and our Squeezebox Radio's but not on my mothers laptop. There is no need to reboot the router because I just press save and activate changes on the wifi settings page and wifi works again. In my case I have tried upgrading to 15962 and use manual settings but the problem still persists. It's highly annoying and I'm thinking if It's time to switch back to the Asus firmware. I never really tried the Asus firmware because I immediately flashed the device to DD-WRT 14896 mega.

Now I'm trying 15963 svn...

Try using another wifi adapter WUSB600n etc. I also had the same issue with one of the laptops.
Alelanza
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 14:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
bkmo wrote:
Alelanza wrote:
I'm interested in this router, however i'm concerned about the USB speeds.
What kind of transfer rates are people seeing with the latest or best (for USB) dd-wrt firmware?

About 5MB/sec with NFS, a bit less with Samba 3, even less with Samba 2.

I finally got this router yesterday, just barely had time to set it up. It's still on the ASUS firmware (I updated it to 1.0.2.3), and i couldn't get an ext3 partitioned USB HDD to mount on it, but I think i know why.
Anyways, i was able to write to the disk at 9.5 MB/s from an HFS macbook to a fat32 samsung f4eg 2TB drive inside a cheap usb enclosure. This was through the gigabit connection, i couldn't get the mac to see the drive through wireless, but anyways i don't plan to spend much time on the stock firmware, though i do want to set a baseline before putting alternate stuff. Will report back as i run more tests.
slybunda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 15:37    Post subject: Re: Strange Problem Reply with quote
merm wrote:
TX power: 17

is that 17db or 17mw?
valerima
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:58    Post subject: asus rt-n16 updates Reply with quote
Hi,
I am curious where you did get last 15963.svn firmware?
I am on last 15962 so far- from ddwrt ftp. Result is not really what I expected from this router. Kid sitting in the same or next room achieves 2mbp/s while incoming optic cable has 100mbp/s.
I tried Asus firmware 1.0.1.9 (not last one so far)- speed was 8mbp/s initially but later dropped down fully, Oleg's -(crap), tomato usb- decent , but no specially good results.
Now with ddwrt speed is not so high, but at least connection is stable.
Probably I will sell mine and turn to netgear or linksys e3000 or 4200, but you have to wait for it.
ravisurdhar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 21:23    Post subject: Re: can not get the DHCP in WAN to work Reply with quote
vintung wrote:
can not get the DHCP in WAN to work, it does not get the ip from my ISP and it only stay as 0.0.0.0

does anyone knows how to solve this problem?

begging for help

I have this problem sometimes when I'm bittorrenting. I read somewhere it was because I had too many simultaneous connections, but I have it limited to like 75 connections and it still loses the WAN IP sometimes. Rebooting and/or DHCP release/renew doesn't help, I just have to let it sit for a while until it feels like getting a new IP. Sometimes its an hour, sometimes its 12. Annoying as hell. It's definitely bittorrent, but I can't figure out why....
BuzzLightyear
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 0:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not sure wtf is wrong with this router. It works great when I have the original fw on it but once I use ddwrt or tomato, these are the results I get the image below.

What settings do I need to change/fix to get this working properly? I'm getting frustrated as this is the 3rd day I've been trying different fw's. I have the newest fw that was listed last in this thread btw. Oh, and that rate is the highest I've been able to get it...

pos.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  84.11 KB
 Viewed:  12499 Time(s)

pos.jpg

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 94 of 97
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: