Not sure wtf is wrong with this router. It works great when I have the original fw on it but once I use ddwrt or tomato, these are the results I get the image below.
What settings do I need to change/fix to get this working properly? I'm getting frustrated as this is the 3rd day I've been trying different fw's. I have the newest fw that was listed last in this thread btw. Oh, and that rate is the highest I've been able to get it...
Try to connect it in a N only mode. Also use channel 1 or 11. Do a site survey.
The Baseline certification covers both 20 MHz and 40 MHz wide channels, and up to two spatial streams, for maximum throughputs of 144.4 Mbit/s for 20 MHz and 300 Mbit/s for 40 MHz (with Short Guard interval).
Thanks for the replies. I have tried everything that was mentioned in this thread (esp the last few replies). I've tried mixed, I've tried N, I've tried G+N, etc. I've tried 17mW, 20mW, 75mW, 10mW, I've tried all different channels.
And I don't use security encryptions. I set it to only allow my mac addresses. And not like that even matters with the signal anyways...just makes things harder for me to set up.
I was roughly 5 feet (maybe less) from the router and that was the signal strength I was getting. My computer that is 15 feet from it (I was on a laptop setting it up) had a signal strength in the 60's. I seriously think I have a faulty router. I'm going to RMA this.
Joined: 30 Jun 2008 Posts: 825 Location: near Toronto, Canada
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 15:26 Post subject:
I used the initial flash image from "router database" then flashed latest SVN 15962.
I generally prefer to stay with the "recommended" version, unless a newer release has a compelling new feature or addresses a known issue.... just hoping to confirm which version is generally considered to be "recommended" for the RT-N16. _________________ WRT54G-RG
WRT54G v6, v8