Asus RT-N15 support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
LTsmooth42
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Really hoping that the PPPoE issues get worked out. My current setup is an ADSL2 modem in bridge mode up to my Asus N15 running stock fw. I'd love to use DD-WRT, but if previous posters with my same setup are having problems I'm going to save my time.

If someone wrote up a guide in the wiki for the N15 I'd be more than willing to test it on my box.

Am I correct in presuming that this is easily reversible (through an ASUS tool or something from what I've scanned)?

Last question; has anyone bricked their N15 from this yet meddling with N15?

Thanks guys. DD-WRT newbie here; I'd love to get involved.
Sponsor
crazybert
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 0:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did anyone try PPTP for WAN so far?
I've spent dozens of hours to build my currently flashed firmware which works stable enough in my envirnment, and I really don't want to loose it Smile
crazybert
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Weired :-(

1) PPTP WAN mode works only if I set gateway IP instead of domain name.

2) I have to manually click Security->VPN Passthrough->Apply. Only after that client machines are able to access WAN

3) And finally...speedtest shows 4 mbps comparing to 30 mbps which I get when I plug wan cable directly into my laptop
dhlee528
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:09    Post subject: few things Reply with quote
first of all thank you for creating firmware for this router

when I use the firmware on 4th page to change to DDWRT, setting static DHCP didn't work
btw I'm using DHCP but I needed few computers to have static IP

but it's working fine on today's firmware

however, website filtering does not work on the original ddwrt for this router nor today's firmware

is there a way to do website filtering using router?

I know I can edit hosts file to filer it..but I want to do it for all the computers
Pkun.zip
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:29    Post subject: PPPoE issue Reply with quote
Greetings.

I've managed to establish PPPoE connection manually, while automatic configuration via web interface disconnects every 10-20 seconds.
You can start pppoe manually: Use web settings to get local network connection to work (in my case this was automatic dhcp). Then place the following command that starts ppp daemon in web setup (Administration->Commands):

pppd plugin /usr/lib/rp-pppoe.so nic-vlan2 user 'user_name' password 'password' defaultroute persist maxfail 0 lcp-echo-interval 10 lcp-echo-failure 5

append options that your ISP requires.

After that masquerade ppp0 and edit routing table:

route del default route
route add default dev ppp0
iptables --table nat --append POSTROUTING --out-interface ppp0 -j MASQUERADE

That's all.

Another problem that I found is port forwarding from ppp0 to local server. Tried using iptables, but the magic isn't happening. If someone could help, that would be appreciated.

Upd: port forwarding is now working:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d 'YOUR_WAN_IP' -p 'PROTOCOL' --dport 'PORT' -j DNAT --to-destination 'LOCAL_IP'
iptables -A FORWARD -m conntrack --ctstate ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -m conntrack --ctstate NEW -d 'LOCAL_IP' -j ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -d 'LOCAL_IP' -p 'PROTOCOL' --dport 'PORT' -s 'LOCAL_NETWORK(Ex:192.168.1.0/24)' -j SNAT --to-source 'IP_OF_RT-N15'
iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -d 'YOUR_WAN_IP' -p 'PROTOCOL' --dport 'PORT' -j DNAT --to-destination 'LOCAL_IP'
dbscott
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:54    Post subject: Re: PPPoE issue Reply with quote
Pkun.zip wrote:
Greetings.

I've managed to establish PPPoE connection manually, while automatic configuration via web interface disconnects every 10-20 seconds.

Err nice work, pkun, perhaps an update to fix ppoe would be a little easier!
crazybert
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Still trying to build it from source.

I was able to acquire missing kernel modules, but still too many issues on the way.

I would really appreciate if someone could give some initial guidelines...

Am I right about trying to use Makefile.rt2880 as a baseline? I was little bit confused finding out that it required Broadcom include files during compilation of src/router/shared files, even though I tried to eliminate everything which is not related to ralink stuff...

Still hoping someone could give me some clues...
Thanks in advance.
Vitaliy86
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Еще хотелось бы узнать, будет ли данная прошивка поддерживаться тут http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database
------
I would also like to know is whether the firmware is maintained here http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database

Last edited by Vitaliy86 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 14:01; edited 1 time in total
Vitaliy86
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
This new version ? =>>> ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2011/02-17-11-r16214/Asus-RT-N15/ (DD-WRT v24-sp2 (02/17/11) std - build 16214)

MIMO - no work drop list -> http://192.168.1.1/Wireless_Advanced-wl0.asp

Last edited by Vitaliy86 on Tue Mar 08, 2011 16:56; edited 2 times in total
Vitaliy86
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
who can create build ver. 19 udpxy http://sourceforge.net/projects/udpxy/
Some0neElse
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for releasing firmware for RT-N15!
Firmware is good, but i have problem with PPPoE, and some peoples above too. I'am installed
ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2011/03-17-11-r16454/Asus-RT-N15/
and i have problem with PPPoE connection. After a connection is established, it droped down in intreval below 1 min. As well when connection is established, internet doesnt work and i can't ping any other adresses outside LAN. Any ideas?
Vitaliy86
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 21:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
My download speeds on the WAN interface through the firmware in the half, equal to 6 MB / s (not 12MB / sec)
Maybe you have to change something in settings that would be my 100 mb / sec channel used to complete?
sloniu82
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've found WAN speed problem too.
Max speed in my tests are 5100 KB/sec in ftp transfer from WAN to LAN1 port. All link speeds are 1Gb.
Looks like WAN port has firmly set the bandwidth to 50 Mb/s or there is a problem with driver included in kernel.

And there is a mistake in Router database discription - RT-N15 router have 32 MB of ram, not 16
Vitaliy86
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Script for used Udpxy:
Code:
wget http://<url our>/udpxy -P /tmp
chmod +x /tmp/udpxy
/tmp/udpxy -p 4022 -B 1Mb -a `nvram get lan_ipaddr`
iptables -I INPUT -i vlan2 -p udp -d 239.0.0.0/8 --dport 1234 -j ACCEPT
Vitaliy86
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 7:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
In the firmware can port WAN or LAN, set or control the operating modes Full-duplex or Half-duplex?

In the description to the router indicated that it supports Jumbo Frame up to 12 K, but the command ifconfig says that established 1500, although the network card is set to 7K, why?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 7 of 10
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: