[Howto] Install Optware on Atheros units (such as WNDR3700)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Jenot
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Look at 1st post - restart router before run opkg.
Sponsor
squint
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Jenot wrote:
Look at 1st post - restart router before run opkg.

I have already, a bunch of times, just to make sure.

The root@DD-WRT root $ parts are in colour like mentioned. So I did something right... just not sure what I got wrong.
d.baranov
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
how i can to install and cofig nfs server? i can not to find this for opkg.
dynek
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
squint wrote:
root@DD-WRT root $ opkg update
opkg: can't resolve symbol 'glob64' in lib 'opkg'.

Very interesting. Do you have a WNDR3700 ?
Can you please run mount and export and ls -lsa /opt/lib on the command line and show me the output ?

d.baranov wrote:
how i can to install and cofig nfs server? i can not to find this for opkg.

Hello, you can run opkg list to see the available packages. There are some related to NFS including server and utils.
d.baranov
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't know what packages i need to install. In the listing so many packeges containig "nfs". and where i can configure them? Sorry, for my English.
deepbass909
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
squint wrote:
Hello, thanks much for this post. I tried using it but even after a couple of reboots I get an error msg:

root@DD-WRT root $ opkg update
opkg: can't resolve symbol 'glob64' in lib 'opkg'.

I'm bad with coding and don't really know what most of the code means. Should I just go through the steps again and hope for a better end?

Thanks!

I'm having the same difficulties... I've ran the howto twice now, and also the "optware - the right way" guide from the wiki, but I keep on running into the same error.
I know this has something to do with the libc-library installed by opkg. The libc-library from this howto works with the Netgear WNDR37xx, but as soon as you install the libc-library from opkg (because it's a dependency for a lot of packages), various packages fail to start with the above mentioned error. This is because libc from opkg is build for a MIPSEL-cpu, not MIPS.

Installing libc with opkg and than overwriting the files with files from step 5 of this guide solves the error, but causes that a lot of packages fail to start due to an incompatible libc-version...

I've spend a couple of hours now trying to fix this, but haven't found a solution yet, so fresh ideas are welcome...

An other thing I can't get fixed, is the error from ipkg (mkdir: cannot create directory '//usr/local/lib/': Read-only file system). Even when I mount /use/local/lib to a rw-directory on my USB-harddrive (so I know it's writable) I get the same error. The thing that's most puzzling me, is the double forward slash... This can't right, because it would indicate a network-share on a SMB-mount named "usr"...
dynek
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
d.baranov wrote:
I don't know what packages i need to install. In the listing so many packeges containig "nfs". and where i can configure them? Sorry, for my English.

I'm afraid I won't want to help Smile It might not be that easy to setup plus it's not a rock solid protocol. Go with samba that is available in DD-WRT. Much easier.

deepbass909 wrote:
I know this has something to do with the libc-library installed by opkg. The libc-library from this howto works with the Netgear WNDR37xx, but as soon as you install the libc-library from opkg (because it's a dependency for a lot of packages), various packages fail to start with the above mentioned error.

Very interesting. You are not having this issue when you run the first opkg update but as soon as you install a package it fetches libc and opkg won't work anymore right ?
Which package is being installed right before it stops working ? I installed quite a lot of things and never had an issue until now.

deepbass909 wrote:
This is because libc from opkg is build for a MIPSEL-cpu, not MIPS.

I will have to disagree. AFAIK all AR71xx cpus are MIPS and the path provided in the config file points to the AR71xx directory.

deepbas909 wrote:
An other thing I can't get fixed, is the error from ipkg (mkdir: cannot create directory '//usr/local/lib/': Read-only file system).

I wouldn't bother trying to fix this. Go with opkg.
dynek
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just tried to install libc and I didn't encounter any problem
Code:
root@router /opt $ opkg install libc
Installing libc (0.9.30.1-43.10) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/backfire/10.03.1-rc4/ar71xx/packages/libc_0.9.30.1-43.10_ar71xx.ipk.
Configuring libc.
root@router /opt $ opkg update
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/backfire/10.03.1-rc4/ar71xx/packages/Packages.gz.
Inflating http://downloads.openwrt.org/backfire/10.03.1-rc4/ar71xx/packages/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /tmp/var/opkg-lists/packages.
root@router /opt $

I also tried to reboot and everything's fine.
deepbass909
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
dynek wrote:
I just tried to install libc and I didn't encounter any problem
Code:
root@router /opt $ opkg install libc
Installing libc (0.9.30.1-43.10) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/backfire/10.03.1-rc4/ar71xx/packages/libc_0.9.30.1-43.10_ar71xx.ipk.
Configuring libc.
root@router /opt $ opkg update
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/backfire/10.03.1-rc4/ar71xx/packages/Packages.gz.
Inflating http://downloads.openwrt.org/backfire/10.03.1-rc4/ar71xx/packages/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /tmp/var/opkg-lists/packages.
root@router /opt $

I also tried to reboot and everything's fine.

Interesting... I've tried a couple of things and every time it seemed like libc was messing things up, but I'm not quite sure.
The files from the provided lib.tar work, no doubt about that, but if I install libc with opkg things stop working.
If I then copy the files from lib.tar over the installed library's, things start working again. So my guess is that libc was messing things up. But the little test you did clearly succeeded... (where it failed on my router...)

At the moment I can't test it (I'm at work now), but hopefully tonight I have the time to follow the how-to from this threat and test it again...
dynek
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just modified the libs and opkg part of the howto.

Maybe some stuff can be improved so I'll try to do my best to test it over and over again and see if something can be done another way.
deepbass909
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 14:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
dynek wrote:
I just modified the libs and opkg part of the howto.

Maybe some stuff can be improved so I'll try to do my best to test it over and over again and see if something can be done another way.

I'll let you know how this howto works out for me. If it works, I can start working on nfs-support and sharing my Freecom NAS as if it was a drive of the netgear and I'm hoping that the cifs/smb-performance of dd-wrt is better than that of my gentoo-linux desktop... At the moment cifs/smb is about 10%-20% slower than ftp between my nas and pc Rolling Eyes NFS should be about the same as ftp...
dynek
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 14:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
I made some final changes tested by myself from the beginning and it's working fine.

Please do let me know if it's working for you!
audiophonicz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
dynek wrote:
I made some final changes tested by myself from the beginning and it's working fine.

Please do let me know if it's working for you!

Dynek, I just ran through your guide. Only thing is I changed mnt to jffs so I could install this directly to the WZR-HP-G300NH. Using 15962.

Everything ran fine, opkg updated the first time, but after reboot of the router, i get
-sh: opkg: not found

ideas?
dynek
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can you show me the output of mount and export please ?
valeda3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
tnx that`s what i need!!!

Sergey voip
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 29, 30, 31  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 31
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: