Linksys E3000 - best DD-WRT firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
datpapi
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 07 Feb 2011
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 21:54    Post subject: Linksys E3000 - best DD-WRT firmware Reply with quote
Would someone be so kind and link me the best performing firmware for the Linksys E3000 router?

I've located the FTP site and not sure which one has proven to be the most stable and reliable.

Thanks!
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 7382
Location: Little Rock

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well thats pretty opinionated, the forum stable recommended build is 14929, it performed great for me but i have been using eko 15508 for some months now with very positive results.
_________________
Wireless N Config | Linking Routers | DD-WRT Wiki | DD-WRT Builds | Peacock - Broadcom FAQ

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
datpapi
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 07 Feb 2011
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
Well thats pretty opinionated, the forum stable recommended build is 14929, it performed great for me but i have been using eko 15508 for some months now with very positive results.


I wasn't sure which of the eko builds to use as there were so many on the FTP site, so I used the one listed here as part of the guide: http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E3000#Flashing_instructions_for_the_E3000

It looks to be a std 14853 build. It seems to be wokring for me and the setup that I have so I do not know if it's required I upgrade to something else. If so, could someone post a direct link to the 15508 version I should use?

Again, there are many versions to choose from here: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24-K26/svn15508/ and I do not want to grab the wrong one.
Wolfie
DD-WRT User


Joined: 01 Aug 2008
Posts: 57

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
datpapi wrote:

I wasn't sure which of the eko builds to use as there were so many on the FTP site, so I used the one listed here as part of the guide: http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E3000#Flashing_instructions_for_the_E3000

Since you're using the E3000, I believe you will need to use one of the builds that has e3k in the name. Using one without e3k (or e3000) in the name can brick your router.

If in doubt, do NOT do ANYTHING until you have made certain that you are about to do things in the right way. I'm guessing that your E3000 is still using the default firmware. If that's the case, then you may need to follow a certain process for the initial flashing.

_________________
Quote:
Mistake! There was an attempt of an automatic insert of the message in a forum. Your message is not posted. Try still times who knows - can it will turn out? Still probably, that you too long wrote the message - then pass to page back, copy the text, update page, insert the copied text and press button "Send".
datpapi
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 07 Feb 2011
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've managed to install the initial dd-wrt firmware for the E3000 as found here: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24-K26/svn14853/dd-wrt.v24-14853_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_usb_ftp-e3000.bin

I pulled this from the wiki guide found on DD-WRT. Again, it seems to be working but as suggested I do NOT want to proceed with flashing any other firmware until I can verify which I should use. So I am hoping someone could post a direct link to a decent, stable version I can grab.

Much appreciated Very Happy
buddee
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 7382
Location: Little Rock

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Since you already have dd-wrt flashed to the unit, you need to use the e2k-e3k builds to upgrade with, here is the link for the 15508 build i use. And remember, only use these for upgrading already established dd-wrt builds, and when selecting this in the webgui to upgrade to, make sure you select "reset to defaults" on the drop down then you should be good to flash away.

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24-K26/svn15508/dd-wrt.v24-15508_NEWD-2_K2.6_big-e2k-e3k.bin

_________________
Wireless N Config | Linking Routers | DD-WRT Wiki | DD-WRT Builds | Peacock - Broadcom FAQ

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
datpapi
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 07 Feb 2011
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 13:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
Since you already have dd-wrt flashed to the unit, you need to use the e2k-e3k builds to upgrade with, here is the link for the 15508 build i use. And remember, only use these for upgrading already established dd-wrt builds, and when selecting this in the webgui to upgrade to, make sure you select "reset to defaults" on the drop down then you should be good to flash away.

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24-K26/svn15508/dd-wrt.v24-15508_NEWD-2_K2.6_big-e2k-e3k.bin


Thanks a ton - all went well!
fabio_che
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 13 Feb 2011
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:01    Post subject: re Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
Well thats pretty opinionated, the forum stable recommended build is 14929, it performed great for me but i have been using eko 15508 for some months now with very positive results.


hi buddee, I have a linksys e3000 with working firmware dd-wrt.v24-14853_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_usb_ftp-e3000 wanting upgrade to stable 14929 brainslayer which of these two must I use?

dd-wrt.v24-14929_NEWD-2_K2.6_big-e2k-e3k.bin

dd-wrt.v24-14929_NEWD-2_K2.6_big-e3000.bin

sorry I am fear to brick.
Pied Piper
DD-WRT User


Joined: 18 Sep 2010
Posts: 499

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Use the first one. The one with e2k-e3k in the name. Read the wiki install for the e3000 carefully. That information should be there.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 7382
Location: Little Rock

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes, and not to mention, i pretty well explain that in my second post within this thread.
_________________
Wireless N Config | Linking Routers | DD-WRT Wiki | DD-WRT Builds | Peacock - Broadcom FAQ

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Dav1d
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 0:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Help!

I used the 15508 build on my E3000, and I guess I'm no where near as smart as I thought I might be. Crying or Very sad

I'm try to enable a static address for several devices, and I don't know what I'm doing. My router is at 192.168.1.1 I need to enable a couple of devices with a fixed address at 192.168.1.3, and .4 Can some kind soul walk me through doing that?

My other devices start at 192.168.1.100 and go for 50 additional address. This was simple on the old linksys firmware. With this I'm lost. The guides FAQ are just enough different that they don't help me.

Thanks
buddee
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 7382
Location: Little Rock

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 0:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dav1d wrote:
Help!

I used the 15508 build on my E3000, and I guess I'm no where near as smart as I thought I might be. Crying or Very sad

I'm try to enable a static address for several devices, and I don't know what I'm doing. My router is at 192.168.1.1 I need to enable a couple of devices with a fixed address at 192.168.1.3, and .4 Can some kind soul walk me through doing that?

My other devices start at 192.168.1.100 and go for 50 additional address. This was simple on the old linksys firmware. With this I'm lost. The guides FAQ are just enough different that they don't help me.

Thanks


Just follow this and you should be fine.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Static_DHCP

_________________
Wireless N Config | Linking Routers | DD-WRT Wiki | DD-WRT Builds | Peacock - Broadcom FAQ

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Dav1d
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Very Happy
Thank you buddee that did it.... Guess I was trying to make it too hard....
fabio_che
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 13 Feb 2011
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 17:10    Post subject: Re Reply with quote
Thanks to both
fabio_che
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 13 Feb 2011
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 14:18    Post subject: re Reply with quote
you excuse why developer EKO in his post: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=73601

says Also for upgrading E2000 / E3000 ALWAYS use ...-e2000.bin / ...-e3000.bin files. ???


thanks fabio
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum