WHR-HP-G54DD - No stock firmware, No QoS??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Bilal_jordan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 14:21    Post subject: WHR-HP-G54DD - No stock firmware, No QoS?? Reply with quote
Hello, first of all am not the kind of ppl who post new topic just because i was very lazy to search because I actually did a lot, now please help me in this.

I've got a Buffalo WHR-HP-G54DD, its running the stock DD-WRT firmware (v24 (08/15/07) Buffalo-EU - build 7672).

It comes with a professional commercial build of DD-WRT that includes the QoS component which I make use of to set the bandwidth per user, and if I flash it I think I'll lose this functionality.

Anyone have any advice on the matter? I mean can I get the QoS feature on a non commercial version or something.

And if you are asking why I'm considering the upgrade, the reason is that whenever I activate UPNP or MAC filter the router disconnect from the ADSL every 10 - 15 minutes, so providing a solution for this matter may also help.

Please help me, I swear its the first time I write in a forum and that is only because I need your help.

sorry for my bad English
Sponsor
Pied Piper
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
You will lose per bandwidth user control with the downloaded dd-wrt versions that are free, but you can buy a newer version of dd-wrt that continues to have this feature.
Bilal_jordan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
first of all thanks for you quick reply.

Do I have any alternatives, I mean can I create another network like a guest network with a lowered bandwidth? I heard than I can create more than one network or maybe I got something wrong
Peabody
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 18:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Most of us are unfamiliar with build 7672 so we can't comment on what it can or can't do or how to configure it. I think it came out before I was born!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks for your reply man, but when I said alternatives I meant alternatives in the newer versions, like if I upgraded the firmware will I have alternatives to control the bandwidth other than the QoS?
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
You may want to contact BrainSlayer directly. See if he would be willing to give you an upgraded build of the Special FW for your model.

If you put the free version on you will loose BW control by user. You can still limit overall BW using QoS but not by user.

That is a very early (and buggy) build. If memory serves me correctly...that was one of the first for the G54DD unit (if not THE first) and it will contain the Milworm exploit problem...so ask BS to help you with obtaining a new build.

redhawk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks man, that was really useful, can you help me on how I can get in contact with BrainSlayer?

Thanks again
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bilal_jordan wrote:
thanks man, that was really useful, can you help me on how I can get in contact with BrainSlayer?

Thanks again

First try sending a private message (PM) to "BrainSlayer".

See if he responds.

redhawk

Navigation

Jump to: