wndr3700v2 - Wont accept DD-WRT file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
here the update
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:45    Post subject: Thank you! Reply with quote
I will try it as soon as I get home Sunday. I will definitely report back.
Kronyx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ih have installed the firmware update and it's working !
Thanks a lot !

BTW: I have found my problem with Firefox, it was the skype extention that where causing the problem ! I have disabled it and everything is ok !
vheyndri
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 13:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
mac issue is solved indeed
Kronyx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone have installed a Hard drive on the USB port ? I would like to know how to configure it, i have tried various of configuration without any chances.

Thanks !
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kronyx wrote:
Anyone have installed a Hard drive on the USB port ? I would like to know how to configure it, i have tried various of configuration without any chances.

Thanks !

Try this yet?

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/USB_storage

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Kronyx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, the WNDR3700 is not in the list, that's why it's not working ... ;o(
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kronyx wrote:

Don't let that out of date list fool you, AFAIK units that support USB can go by that guide.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Kronyx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok ! I'll give it a try then.

Thanks !
MrRocketman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
The latest version loads fine on new WNDR3700v2 router, but I can't get the OpenVPN client to connect; tried with 3 different providers. Has anyone had success with this on v2?

Very disappointing as OpenVPN connectivity geature was the only reason to buy! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all your work!
Panties
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just uploaded this onto my WNDR3700v2 and what an improvement from the original firmware! It's about 5am here so I am about to go to bed, but I will do some more testing later. I'll be testing 5GHz connectivity along with 2.4GHz. I'll post more results later but what I did on throughput just over wired, holy smokes I'm excited about later developments.

PS - I just came from WRT54GL and a Netgear 3500L. The 54GL was solid as a rock for many years but I decided to go to wireless N and other stuff on top of that. I tried the 54GL with DD-WRT and Tomato and the performance was less than stellar. Again I am going to bed but I will do more testing later.

PS #2 - Thank you BrainSlayer for your continued support for DD-WRT and bringing it to the wndr3700v2!
Kronyx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 15:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
My router run smoothly since 2 days, everything is good.

Thanks a lot BrainSlayer for your support and hard work to bring dd-wrt on this router witch is very good !
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
MrRocketman wrote:
The latest version loads fine on new WNDR3700v2 router, but I can't get the OpenVPN client to connect; tried with 3 different providers. Has anyone had success with this on v2?

Very disappointing as OpenVPN connectivity geature was the only reason to buy! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all your work!

all a question of the correct configuration. openvpn works on this device. but i dont know a single isp with openvpn connection offers. i dont think that you're on the right track here. openvpn is no carrier vpn solution. its mainly used for high secure private vpn connections

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kronyx wrote:

it is working. enable USB support at services->usb
and enable samba/ftp stuff on the services->nas page

the rest is done automatic. the device does also support ntfs read/write

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 17:51    Post subject: WNDR3700v2 not flashing Reply with quote
Just bought the wndr3700v2, fails every time when trying to flash dd-wrt. shipped with 1.0.0.6 NA firmware, failed. Updated to 1.0.0.8 world firmware from netgear website, still fails when trying Brainslayer's latest wndr3700-factory.img

Any tips on getting this thing flashed? Possible to ssh into it and flash from there?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 10
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: