Problems with DIR-600 router configuration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
harisnshaw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:45    Post subject: Problems with DIR-600 router configuration Reply with quote
I bought a DIR-600 router to use in Client mode and connect to by primary router over wifi. The LAN ports was for use with some wired network devices.

While loading the latest release of DD-WRT firmware was a breeze I cannot get it working. I followed the "Client Mode" Wiki link exactly to the step, however no matter what I do the DIR-600 is not connecting to by primary Wifi router. The WAN address stays at 0.0.0.0. Even the Wifi channel sometimes does not change to 7 (which is the channel on which my primary router is working), however sometimes it switches to 7 but still never succeeds in connection. Would really appreciate if anyone can help me in anyway. I have also verified all security information again and again ... Also had 2 questions that could help me look at the root cause of the problem...

1) Client mode wiki "http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Client_Mode_Wireless" says in step 9
NEXT go to the Wireless -> Basic Settings and change the Wireless Mode to Client. However it does not say anything about the radio buttons below it (briged unbriged). Assuming that I am not making a client bridge I put it in unbridged, however this brings more options (Multicast forwarding and NAT/MAsquerading along with IP and subnet). These options I leave in default values. Can you tell me if this is ok ?

2) After telnet to the router I checked the dmesg and the /tmp/var/log/messages, both places I find no information what so ever about establishing a wlan connection. Or more probably I do not know which prints to look for. Can you tell me what prints I can look for that might indicate why its not able to connect to by wlan ? Another things I noted is sometimes even if the router is next to by primary router the SSID does nto show up in the Site Survey button. However when it shows up, any network i connect to it says successfull even if it fails.

Thank you very much for any help I can get. Also if anyone has successfully got this working can u tell me the release version used please (I am using - v24preSP2 beta - Build 14896)

regards,
Haris
Sponsor
harisnshaw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 13:57    Post subject: Resolved - After reflashing Reply with quote
I first flashed the dlink-dir600b-factory-webflash.bin from the download page and was trying and it was not working. Then I flashed the second file dir600b-revb-ddwrt-webflash.bin and then it started working fine.

Thanks guys. Works great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: