Linksys E2000 / E3000 test builds here

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75, 76  Next
Author Message
buddee
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 7385
Location: Little Rock

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Doremon wrote:
speedy71471 wrote:
My E2000 is running 14929 (see my sig) and is working great as a repeater bridge (5GHz) connected to/repeating for a 600N running 15334.

The only issues I have seen so far:

- The wireless light does not blink on activity
- (No doubt related) I can't seem to figure out if GPIO is working for the LEDs. I tried gpio 0 to toggle the wireless light... no effect.

But it's been impressively stable and connects to the 600N at 270Mbps (nice!).


Wait how are you getting a 270 Mbps connection. I thought when you run repeater bridge your bandwith is cut in half? Looking to run two 5 GHz E2000's and trying to find some more info.


The "linking routers" guide in my sig can help on the info, and the bridge itself is not cut, its when you connect to the bridge using wireless clients is it cut. The actual link rate of the bridged units could very well be 270Mbps, if you used wired client(s), you'd never notice, its when you connect to the repeater bridge with a wireless client is when it gets cut, because at that point you are basically taking a radio and splitting it in 2 parts, 1 part for the bridge itself, then 1 part for the wireless client(s). Thus the "cut"

_________________
Wireless N Config | Linking Routers | DD-WRT Wiki | DD-WRT Builds | Peacock - Broadcom FAQ

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Sponsor
speedy71471
DD-WRT User


Joined: 13 Aug 2008
Posts: 248

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Doremon wrote:
speedy71471 wrote:
My E2000 is running 14929 (see my sig) and is working great as a repeater bridge (5GHz) connected to/repeating for a 600N running 15334.

The only issues I have seen so far:

- The wireless light does not blink on activity
- (No doubt related) I can't seem to figure out if GPIO is working for the LEDs. I tried gpio 0 to toggle the wireless light... no effect.

But it's been impressively stable and connects to the 600N at 270Mbps (nice!).


Wait how are you getting a 270 Mbps connection. I thought when you run repeater bridge your bandwith is cut in half? Looking to run two 5 GHz E2000's and trying to find some more info.


Not hard to understand. It only shows that speed when no devices are connected to the repeater.

Even so, the two things are unrelated. It's a 270Mbps connection. Half the time it is talking to the ap, and half the time to the clients. Hence we say it "splits the bandwidth".

_________________
Linksys WRT600N v1.1 16758M NEWD Eko mini-usb-ftp (AP) (OTRW)
Linksys E2000 16758M NEWD-2 K.26 Eko mini (repeater bridge) (on 5GHz)
Doremon
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 15 Aug 2010
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay I see what you guys mean. I was confused with the idea and been mulling between client bridge vs repeater bridge since my main goal is to be able to stream 1080P. Client bridge gives me great range when my primary Asus RT-N16 connects to one of the E2000. It's shoddy at times though due to interference so I tried switching to two E2000 in 5GHz but the range is so poor at times my second router will drop down to like 108 or even 54 Mbps forcing me to switch back to the 2.4 GHz setup. Going to try running two E2000 in repeater bridge mode just to extend range but just use it as a switch. Thanks for the responses. I'll report back here when I get the chance. Also on another note the DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/12/10) mega - build 14929 is a great build. In the 2.4 GHz when its working never drops during stream and is rock stable. Good work fellas.
speedy71471
DD-WRT User


Joined: 13 Aug 2008
Posts: 248

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
There's 1080p and there's 1080p. Will Netflix go into 1080p mode over an N connection? Yes.

Could you stream Blu-Ray? No. It's not just the resolution, it's the encoding/compression.

SS

_________________
Linksys WRT600N v1.1 16758M NEWD Eko mini-usb-ftp (AP) (OTRW)
Linksys E2000 16758M NEWD-2 K.26 Eko mini (repeater bridge) (on 5GHz)
mitchell
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 06 Dec 2010
Posts: 8
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

I see there is a new build available for the E3000: svn16403. Does anyone tested this build already? Is it safe to flash your router with this build?

Thanks in advance,

Mitchell
Kamika007z
DD-WRT User


Joined: 03 Jul 2008
Posts: 94

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm curious about this as well...

How does it fare with the E3000 any better?

Currently, I'm running BS's BIG build 15962.
hpsenicka
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 825
Location: near Toronto, Canada

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 14:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
mitchell wrote:
Hello,

I see there is a new build available for the E3000: svn16403. Does anyone tested this build already? Is it safe to flash your router with this build?

Thanks in advance,

Mitchell


If you expect a build that is demonstrated to be relatively stable, choosing a build that has only been released for testing for a few days is not a good approach.

Unless you want to get involved in the testing process, it is best to use only "recommended" builds.

_________________
WRT54G-RG
WRT54G-TM
WRT54GL v1.1
WRT54G v6, v8
WRT54GS v5
WRH54G
speedy71471
DD-WRT User


Joined: 13 Aug 2008
Posts: 248

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have noticed some oddities now that I use the E2000 more. The time zone setting thing is way off... I set the router to UTC-8 (Pacific time) and it's three hours off from my 600N, also running dd-wrt. (They both sync to pool.ntp.org)

Also the processor speed shows up as "unknown MHz"

_________________
Linksys WRT600N v1.1 16758M NEWD Eko mini-usb-ftp (AP) (OTRW)
Linksys E2000 16758M NEWD-2 K.26 Eko mini (repeater bridge) (on 5GHz)
mitchell
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 06 Dec 2010
Posts: 8
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 18:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

I think i am missing a username and password field in teh PPTP server section, or is something changed?

I am using this firmware version:

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/10/11) big - build 16403M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko

Does someone experience the same problem?

Keep up the good work Eko!!!! :D

Greetings,

Mitchell



vpnserver.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  35.97 KB
 Viewed:  15552 Time(s)

vpnserver.jpg


tcharron
DD-WRT User


Joined: 12 Aug 2007
Posts: 112

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
hpsenicka wrote:
Unless you want to get involved in the testing process, it is best to use only "recommended" builds.


What is the recommended build for an E3000? TIA
buddee
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 7385
Location: Little Rock

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
The recommended build last i looked was still 14929, and yes thats for an E3000 as well.
_________________
Wireless N Config | Linking Routers | DD-WRT Wiki | DD-WRT Builds | Peacock - Broadcom FAQ

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Murdoch
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 09 Mar 2011
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
running build 16403 on an e2000. Seems to be all good, no debilitating issues.

I did notice that when the e2000 has a lot of connections running through it, usually with torrent traffic, packet loss starts to develop. Right now, i'm seeing if it continues with QoS rules enabled, but as it stands with no QoS running, packet loss does become an issue.
mburns1981
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 27 Oct 2008
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 0:27    Post subject: Client Bridge Reply with quote
I am having trouble with my two Linksys e3000, I have one set as the AP, and the other as a Client Bridge, when the client bride is powered on out of all my wireless clients one of the computers will not get an ip address by the DHCP server. If I unplug the Client bride that same computer is then able to connect to wireless.


the laptop is not connecting to the client bride but is causing an error on just this one system???
buddee
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 7385
Location: Little Rock

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 0:56    Post subject: Re: Client Bridge Reply with quote
mburns1981 wrote:
I am having trouble with my two Linksys e3000, I have one set as the AP, and the other as a Client Bridge, when the client bride is powered on out of all my wireless clients one of the computers will not get an ip address by the DHCP server. If I unplug the Client bride that same computer is then able to connect to wireless.


the laptop is not connecting to the client bride but is causing an error on just this one system???


What operating system is on the laptop?

_________________
Wireless N Config | Linking Routers | DD-WRT Wiki | DD-WRT Builds | Peacock - Broadcom FAQ

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
mburns1981
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 27 Oct 2008
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:38    Post subject: Re: Client Bridge Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
mburns1981 wrote:
I am having trouble with my two Linksys e3000, I have one set as the AP, and the other as a Client Bridge, when the client bride is powered on out of all my wireless clients one of the computers will not get an ip address by the DHCP server. If I unplug the Client bride that same computer is then able to connect to wireless.


the laptop is not connecting to the client bride but is causing an error on just this one system???


What operating system is on the laptop?

windows 7, but have two other win7 machines that work fine on wireless.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75, 76  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 74 of 76
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum