Linksys E4200 Router released (test build available)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
here for playing and testing

dd-wrt.v24-16727_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_usb_nas-e4200.bin
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  dd-wrt.v24-16727_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_usb_nas-e4200.bin
 Filesize:  5.47 MB
 Downloaded:  1296 Time(s)

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
From the driver thread:
Eko wrote:
phuzi0n wrote:
They're still working out a problem with the new driver not running 40MHz channels though.

There is no problem with that... just one parameter missing in nvram.
You can set it manually for now:

nvram set wl0_nbw_cap=1
nvram set wl1_nbw_cap=1
nvram commit
reboot

I haven't noticed any change to the defaults so if you want 40MHz channels with this test build you'll probably need to set those variables still.

BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 21:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
no thats wrong. i found these values and i told eko what todo. the defaults arent changed, but handled now in wlconf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
no thats wrong. i found these values and i told eko what todo. the defaults arent changed, but handled now in wlconf

Okay, good.

hilong08
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 23:30    Post subject: Just Tested It - Problem with 5.0Ghz @ Channel Width: 40Mhz Reply with quote
The test build is awesome. However, the only serious issue is the 5.0Ghz side of the router. I was never able to connect to the network since my computer and my roommates computer wasn't able to connect properly.

I used a Channel Width of 40Mhz and my security encryption is set at WPA2-PSK (AES).

I had to go back to stock firmware since I live in a Apartment Complex that is filled with 2.4Ghz wireless networks that have channels overlapping each other.

But I would like to say GREAT JOB with the firmware! The GUI stability is excellent and the 2.4Ghz wireless network runs great if I'm close to the router since my situation sucks at the apartment complex.

I hope this issue gets repaired. Thanks!
GuruMeditation
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Installed without a hitch, haven't tweaked anything beyond changing wireless settings (first time DD WRT) but also running into the 5Ghz not happy issue (5Ghz capable clients can't detect it). Probably not a bad thing right now though, tried the 5Ghz with Tomato and it just caused the router to freak and randomly drop anyone who wasn't on the 5Ghz Razz
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
we know that there are still problems with 5 ghz, bit we are working on it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
How's 2.4Ghz performance? Anything else known to be bugged?
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
i have no performance measurements yet,but the chipset used for the 2.4 ghz interface is older and no real 3x3 interface from what i have seen here

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:07    Post subject: E4200 Reply with quote
Nice firmware. The 5ghz is a little shakey, not getting the 450 speed on the status page hopefully that will come. Looks like this is going to be awesome firmware from what is being displayed.
Dark_Shadow
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:46    Post subject: Re: E4200 Reply with quote
james1795 wrote:
Nice firmware. The 5ghz is a little shakey, not getting the 450 speed on the status page hopefully that will come. Looks like this is going to be awesome firmware from what is being displayed.
Do you have an adapter capable of the 450 speed? You won't see it until you do.

Testing Multiple Routers -- Bootloader Collection Project -- My Wiki
james1795
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 13:05    Post subject: E4200 Reply with quote
I do not have a adapter that can do 450, but under status on sys info it shows what it is transmitting at. I am sure once the 5 ghz is fixed it should be able to transmit at that speed.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 14:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
no it can't transmit with 450 mbit until you have a client adapter which is capable of doing that

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 14:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
james: We have an AE1000 from Cisco which can do 2.4/5Ghz but can only do 300Mbps at most regardless which one it's on.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
i have no performance measurements yet,but the chipset used for the 2.4 ghz interface is older and no real 3x3 interface from what i have seen here

The 2.4GHz radio is internal to the 4718 SOC so it is a radio we have had in other routers.
It is 2x2 mimo and will not perform any different from what it has previously done..

The 5GHz radio is a true 3x3 mimo though.

I guess that the problems may be the core rev of that radio, it is a 4331b0 (corerev 29) , right?

Navigation

Jump to: