Simi Bricked my WRT54GL.. Advice?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Funness
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:06    Post subject: Simi Bricked my WRT54GL.. Advice? Reply with quote
I first tried OpenWRT and then tried dd-wrt, it appears that this was not a good idea. I did try to find the linksys firmware but was unable to, so I went ahead. When I power cycle it, it's leds flash on and the Wireless turns on, but I am unable to gain an IP from it wired or wireless. When I give my wired card a forced IP on the same range the router was on, I can ping it and it does try to load the page, but times out. I am a linux newbie, I do not know ssh/putty and could not do this my self. If there anyway I can flash it back to the stock firmware via these methods.. if so, detailed instructions would be needed.

Thank you in advace.
Sponsor
david_myers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
need more information to answer your question
what router make/ model/version do you have ?
what was the last thing you attempted to flash to it ?
was the flash successful ?

have you tryed a long reset ?
Funness
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry, it was a WRT54GL but it does not matter anymore, after reading the wiki I flashed it with tftp to the standard fireware and then installed DD-wrt, which is all working good now.

My only problem is, I cannot seem to find where to manually set ip's based on the mac address. I did find it on the old firmware but cannot see it here..

Edit: Never mind about that to, found it while roaming the wiki.. I should just stop posting I guess..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: