WRT54GS v6 w/ DD-WRT Micro Generic - Now what?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Gonad
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 22:13    Post subject: WRT54GS v6 w/ DD-WRT Micro Generic - Now what? Reply with quote
So I recently flashed my Linksys WRT54GS v6 (serial # CGN9) using the DD-WRT v23 SP2 Micro Generic (dd-wrt.v23_micro_generic.bin )

I followed the BitSum guide to do the flash: http://www.bitsum.com/openwiking/owbase/ow.asp?WRT54G5%5FCFE

So far so good. Things are running good.

Only downside I have noticed is when I have P2P going on my wire line, the wireless speed is somewhat slowe (pages load up a little slower, etc.)

I have also noticed my mIRC connection drops frequently (I have switched servers but it appears it's network/router related).

Question:

Since I only have the MICRO GENERIC flashed, do I need to flash it with the Micro dd-wrt.v23_micro_wrt54gs.bin file now?

The hwsupport.txt doesn't mention if the v6 CGN9 model can be flashed with that particular file?

Also is there any tips for imrproving wireless speed when P2P is running on the wire line?

Thanks,
Sponsor
anectine17
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
No, you don't need to move from the generic MICRO to the WRT54GS version of MICRO. They're identical except for the header.

As for your P2P issue, it has been covered at great length on the Forum. Use the "search" function, check the Wiki, etc. for an answer to your question before posting for the answer. A bit of research on your part will tell you what you need to know. Good luck!!

Linksys E2000 w/15200 "Big"
Linksys WRT54G v.4
La Fonera 2100, fan-cooled
Linksys WRT54G v.3.1
Linksys WRT54G v.1.1
Linksys WRT54GS v.1
2x Linksys WRT54G v.2.2

Peacock Thread - READ THOROUGHLY
Gonad
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks very much anectine17.

And trust me, you wouldn't believe how much time I've spent trying to research this problem.

Infact, it is what got me to flash to DD-WRT.

I will take your suggestion and continue looking. Maybe there's something I missed.

Thanks agian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: