Openwrt K on la Fonera without serial console...when DD-WRT?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
xmer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:12    Post subject: How to flash siemens firmware Reply with quote
Hi,
I noticed that Siemens Gigaset WLAN Repeater 108 is a "BIT" similar to fonera,
I noticed also that firmware proposed has a similar webif.....I think is openwrt based

[ available here: http://gigaset.siemens.com/shc/0,1935,de_de_0_88569_rArNrNrNrN,00.html ]

I have a problem to uncompress bin inside the package (header differ from one .fon)

Help me please.

Thanks in advance
Sponsor
mainsail
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's a VXWorks firmware. You can not simply decompres it the same way you do with an original FON firmware. First, decompress that exe, then rename the resulting .bin file into something.rar and decompres with winrar. Then have a look at the result: soho.bin is the decompressed firmware. You'll find references to VXworks in that file...

Since that router uses the Atheros AR5312 SoC, chances are you might be able to replace that firmware, however - since I don't have such a device - I don't know anything about the used bootloader...
mainsail
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
note:

Looking further at that firmware image, I realized that you might upload a new/different firmware using TFTP. It is interesting to note, that this device has some similarities to LA Fonera... See the following excerpts:

TFTP Server IP address [%s]:
soho_ap_050105.zip
Running Console Debug... !!!
====== console mode ======

shift-0: enable debug
g : mini-loader
ENTER : show this help

Firmware upgrade from: 192.168.2.100

However, at a price tag of about 90€ (in germany) it is not really an alternative to way cheaper foneras
xmer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 16:11    Post subject: to mainsail Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply,
I already find "soho.bin", but I was not sure that file was correct.

I'm sorry but I never meet "VxWorks" OS...so I don't know if redboot of my fonera is capable to run that file after I upload it with TFTP.

Firmare supports WDS and permits to use the router as repeater or as wifi adapter (antenna becomes your wan and eth your lan).

(I don't understand the second post with EXCERPTS, have you try to use with fonera?)
mikkerobin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:36    Post subject: My FON is dead.... almost Reply with quote
EDIT: This is solved after the new relaese of fw version, 2007-0209
and after editing this lige in the howto:
fis create -b 0x80041000 -f 0xA8030000 -l 0x002C0000 -e 0x00000000 root.fs
has to be
fis create -b 0x80041000 -f 0xA8030000 -l 0x002C0000 -e 0x00000000 rootfs

Hi...

I have tried to follow the guide from here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/La_Fonera_Flashing and everthing is going fine, im getting the expected output.

By when im done and my device restarts, i can see on my DHCP server that the device i requesting a lease and is getting it, but im not able to connet i anyway, i can not even ping my device.

Please help.....
novaflare
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well i followed the instructions here step by step and ended up brickign the ap on the first reboot portion got no errors of any sort just a dead ap. Now i did have to substitute the 26 version of the firmware listed in another thread do to the fact i could not download the version 24 from coopernet i beleive is the site. At any rate no access on any ip via cross over cable hub normal cable or any combo ive tried. Now i dont have the needed stuff to build a serial port for it tty level shifter. So thats out. What im hoping is theres something simple i missed. Ips ive used have only been ones listed for the fonera previously no others. Lets just say Please help!!! heh

Oh and for now a hub/switch is out of the question. I hooked up my lexmark printer adapter to my dlink hub/switch and fried it with 30 volts heheh
Boom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 22:18    Post subject: Re: My FON is dead.... almost Reply with quote
mikkerobin wrote:

By when im done and my device restarts, i can see on my DHCP server that the device i requesting a lease and is getting it, but im not able to connet i anyway, i can not even ping my device.

Please help.....

Connect to the dhcp'd address at port 8080 with your browser.
alcuin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
bricked++ Sad

Same issue as hw0012 and novaflare; got SSH working, then started the steps from the wiki at http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/LaFonera_Software_Flashing . On step 3, I did the commands
Code:
cd /tmp
wget http://fonera.info/camicia/openwrt-ar531x-2.4-vmlinux-CAMICIA.lzma
mtd -e vmlinux.bin.l7 write openwrt-ar531x-2.4-vmlinux-CAMICIA.lzma vmlinux.bin.l7
reboot

At the end, it did reboot... but never seemed to come back to life. The light on the far right is on, and the middle light turns on when an ethernet connection is established, but I cannot ssh into it on 169.254.255.1 or 192.168.1.254, nor can I get into the web admin page or connect with the MyPlace ssid. I don't have a rs232 ttl cable, I don't know what I did wrong. I started out with version 0.7.0.4. Now it seems to be a brick for now, I didn't even get a chance to put redboot on it afaik. Sad Is it supposed to take its time reflashing itself after it reboots?
alcuin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 13:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
I built the serial cable with a MAX202 ttl converter, but I get nothing on the console; I guess Redboot didn't get installed, so it's a complete brick. Oh well, least I didn't pay anything for it.
dmak
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 17:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
same problem here, I forgot to plug the router in after this step and after reboot I couldnt SSH into it anymore.... it still works as fon intended though, I can log in wirelessly and access the status page etc, but not SSH, is it still possible to access it another way besides the serial cable?
studville
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
alcuin wrote:
bricked++ Sad

Same issue as hw0012 and novaflare; got SSH working, then started the steps from the wiki at http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/LaFonera_Software_Flashing . On step 3, I did the commands
Code:
cd /tmp
wget http://fonera.info/camicia/openwrt-ar531x-2.4-vmlinux-CAMICIA.lzma
mtd -e vmlinux.bin.l7 write openwrt-ar531x-2.4-vmlinux-CAMICIA.lzma vmlinux.bin.l7
reboot

At the end, it did reboot... but never seemed to come back to life. The light on the far right is on, and the middle light turns on when an ethernet connection is established, but I cannot ssh into it on 169.254.255.1 or 192.168.1.254, nor can I get into the web admin page or connect with the MyPlace ssid. I don't have a rs232 ttl cable, I don't know what I did wrong. I started out with version 0.7.0.4. Now it seems to be a brick for now, I didn't even get a chance to put redboot on it afaik. Sad Is it supposed to take its time reflashing itself after it reboots?

same boat....

looks like this POS is going into the garbage. ehh it was free anyhow.
kakalaky
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:13    Post subject: out.hex Reply with quote
anybody have a working link to out.hex?

nm, seems to be working now.
cats
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 22:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, if you have an UPS and you are trying to reflash you Fonera with strom outside, USE IT !!!

I ran out of electricity while trying to flash the fonera.

Now it's totally bricked.

It's trying to boot, but ends in reboot.
I can log in telnet and serial console but it won't take ^C in account.
It just waits for 10 sec then throws stange dialect on the console and reboot.

No way to have the redboot prompt.

Any idea on how to debrick this toy ?

Send me a few stamps and the box is yours !

Cheers,
alcuin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 15:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cats, I sent you a PM.
Camicia
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
1) If you had read step 5, you should have noticed that it's NORMAL that after flashing out.hex La Fonera doesn't reboot. READ IT!

Please if you are a novice DO NOT use the procedure on your Fonera and STOP wasting Fon money.
If you are going to throw away LA Fonera please send it here.

2) If your La Fonera comes with Firmware 7.1.2 on board you can NOT use this method because, so far, you cannot gain the access to SSH. Serial cable is necessary.

Camicia
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 9
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: