Routers that will and won't support VLAN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
nationnalnomad
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 23:49    Post subject: WRT350N 802.1q Reply with quote
I can confirm that 802.1q vlan tagging is working on the WRT350N. I'm using build 14896 so as mentioned, it needs to be configured via nvram following this guide:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Switched_Ports#802.1q_VLAN_trunk

I tested with Cisco IOS trunking and also the Hyper-v virtual switch trunking and it works like expected.

I currently have it setup as a vlan trunk to a VMware Server for tagging on the guest machines.
Sponsor
mhorowitz71
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:30    Post subject: Checking in... Reply with quote
Hi, I'm wondering if there's been any progress made for tagged vlan support on the WNR3500L. I'm running build 14929. Is there perhaps something newer?

Thanks!
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:40    Post subject: Re: Checking in... Reply with quote
mhorowitz71 wrote:
Hi, I'm wondering if there's been any progress made for tagged vlan support on the WNR3500L. I'm running build 14929. Is there perhaps something newer?

Thanks!

Being that the WNR3500L already has both tag/port lvl VLAN support, i wouldn't think any progress would be needed for it.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/VLAN_Support

You should probably reference the 'switched ports' guide in the wiki for further info on setting it up, which is in the same link in posted.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 22:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Update to build 15508 or higher if you want the VLAN GUI fixed for k2.6 builds. Otherwise manually set your nvram variables.
Yappa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
So that means that with the newest build I can now use the WRT 320 with VDSL (VLAN 7) connections?
I have a Speedport 920/Fritzbox 7570 router and would like to use it as a modem, while I continue using the WRT 320 as a router. The problem is that the Fritzbox doesn't properly do the VLAN tagging when in modem mode.
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yappa wrote:
So that means that with the newest build I can now use the WRT 320 with VDSL (VLAN 7) connections?
I have a Speedport 920/Fritzbox 7570 router and would like to use it as a modem, while I continue using the WRT 320 as a router. The problem is that the Fritzbox doesn't properly do the VLAN tagging when in modem mode.

Try it and find out. Also try Eko's k2.6 test build from this thread:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=137040

ursrau
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Picchioni wrote:
Not sure if it's mentioned in this thread already, but it's not listed on the Wiki. I am able to get Port-Based VLANs and 802.1q VLANs working on a WRT54GL v1.1.

Using BS's Build 14929 std

Sorry who's build is BB's build 14929 std and where can I get it?
ursrau
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
ursrau wrote:
Picchioni wrote:
Not sure if it's mentioned in this thread already, but it's not listed on the Wiki. I am able to get Port-Based VLANs and 802.1q VLANs working on a WRT54GL v1.1.

Using BS's Build 14929 std

Sorry who's build is BB's build 14929 std and where can I get it?

Ahh that would probably be Brain Slayer's and the images can be downloaded from ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/
gregtompkins
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:23    Post subject: Buffalo WHR-HP g54 vlan Reply with quote
I have a Buffalo WHR-HP g54 I would like to set up with vLAN. I don't have any vLANs currently on my network but I just want to set the entire device on it's own vLAN for a guest WiFi. My router support vLANs so how can I set my entire router to use vLAN #4? I do not use the WAN port and have it disabled. I just need tagging done so this a/p is somewhat off the "rest of my network." When you say a device doesn't support port based vlans what exactly does that mean, that you could have different vlans for different ports? Also, my entire current network is on WDS for MAC transparency so as far as the rest of the network is concerned I don't have to worry about trunking, etc. because it is only this wrt AND my router concerned. Thanks.

Thanks.
TechN9Ne1730
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
Confirmed working with a real E2000, I moved the WAN port into LAN and it then functioned like a LAN port.

1 2 3 4 | Case labels
4 3 2 1 | NVRAM ports

Thanks for the info. I am having tons of trouble with DNS on a VLAN. I am wondering if something extra might be required as the router with the VLAN will be an wireless ethernet bridge.

Also:
Code:

root@unknown:/# nvram show | grep vlan.ports
vlan0ports=
vlan1ports=1 2 3 4 8*

I am confused because my output is the exact opposite of your screen shot.
TheDark
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 18:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I use R7000 with DD-WRT (r27506), my ISP provide me an ip address in /32 (DHCP mode), voluntarily, it provide a gateway outside this subnet.

They tell me to tag a VLAN on WAN side, VLAN ID must be 3001.

I setup my routeur with the following command :

Code:

nvram set vlan3001hwname=et0
nvram set vlan3001ports="0t 5u"
nvram set wan_ifname="vlan3001"
nvram commit
reboot

I notice that wan_ifname was not fixed properly after reboot, then i add it in startup like this

Code:
nvram set wan_ifname="vlan3001"
servicestart wan

It fix it after a reboot(checked with "nvram show" command), but i notice that i'm no more able to recover an ip adress from my ISP !

Can you tell me if DD-WRT support VLAN ID above 15 ? is it able to support VLAN3001 ?

Can you advise please ?

Many thks for your help.
frenchkid
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 16:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

DId anoyne manage to add some VLAN on the WRT1900ACS ?
I dont understand how the swconfig works and there is no VLAN tab in the dd-wrt manage web page.
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
the wrt1900acs is a Marwell based router. Ask in the Marwell forum. This is the Broadcom forum and does not have swconfig.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 Display posts from previous:    Page 19 of 19
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: