The most efficient way to set-up a WDS network

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
posix
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:52    Post subject: The most efficient way to set-up a WDS network Reply with quote
Are there any rules that shouldbe obeyed when setting up WDS networks?
For example I have noticed that somehow my routers don't particularly like it when I try and establish as many router-to-router connections (think mesh where most nodes are connected to eachother) as possible so that I get very few hops between each client. Am I right in assuming that each node should only have two connections to other routers - one "back" and one "forward" connection ("back" being closer to root node and "forward" being out towards clients and edge of the network") and very few if any connections to it's neighbours - i.e. nodes that are the same nuber of hops away from the root node?

I can provide a diagram of what I'm on about if it's difficult to understand.

As it stands, my WDS is very unstable and throughput is not brilliant and I'd like to do something about it.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: