New Netgear n750 (WNDR4000) - Pics inside -test build page 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 31, 32, 33  Next
brex480
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
For those with this router how is it doing so far? Im having nothing but trouble with my E4200 and Im thinkin about just cutting my losses and trying something else
Sponsor
dbett
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
brex480 wrote:
For those with this router how is it doing so far? Im having nothing but trouble with my E4200 and Im thinkin about just cutting my losses and trying something else

I'm really happy with mine. It has been rock stable and internal LAN responsiveness (DLNA streaming and large file transfers) is much improved over the Verizon (Actiontec) router.

The interface is functional and I like the ability to easily set up a guest WiFi network. I haven't used the USB storage ability, but it looks pretty robust. It allows granular control for both local and internet http and ftp access and even automatically uses the dynamic DNS address I set up.

The only thing it is missing for me (other than USB printer support) is the ability to bump up the radio power - which I need given my house set up. So get out there and buy one, donate and hope they are released to the EU market soon. Smile
thebasa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
another 20 euros here for this. i can't believe how limited and crappy the netgear settings are on this wndr4000.
dbett
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
thebasa wrote:
another 20 euros here for this. i can't believe how limited and crappy the netgear settings are on this wndr4000.

Yay, one step closer. Smile

Anyone else?
dbett
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Per MaximumPC, the WNDR4000 has now been released worldwide.

Quote:
The WNDR3700 has been able to deflect numerous attempts to pluck the performance crown from its head, and ironically enough, the one that finally does it might be from Netgear itself.

We'll be careful not to jump to any early conclusions, but do note that Netgear on Monday announced the worldwide availability of its new flagship router, the N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router (we'll call it the WNDR4000 from here on out). The WNDR4000 is capable of an aggregate combined data rate of up to 750Mbps while operating simultaneously in both the 5GHz (up to 450Mbps) and 2.4GHz (up to 300Mbps) bands, Netgear says.

More than just a purported speed demon, the WNDR4000 offers a host of features, including parental controls, a broadband usage meter (an increasingly important feature with data caps all the rage), DLNA Media Server support, Guest network access, Netgear's ReadyShare technology for connecting a standard USB hard drive to the router to share storage and a media library across the home network, and IPv6 support.

The WNDR4000 is shipping now for $180.
aflury
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:10    Post subject: Alternative firmware for the WNDR4000 would be nice. Reply with quote
I picked up a couple of these and am somewhat disappointed with the default firmware. I am an dd-wrt n00b, but it's gotta be better than the Netgear firmware. Just posted $100EU via Paypal. I could also snail-mail one of them to Eko if it would help.
hceuterpe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:13    Post subject: More Donations Coming your way Reply with quote
I made a $40 Paypal donation + added some on for the
fees.

If you're close to being able to purchase one for development, but still a little off, Eko, PM me to let me know if you need more (and how much).

Actually considering I'm planning on purchasing 2 of these, do you want me to just mail you to loan out to develop with? Or are you afraid you might break it? All I ask is for it in return once you are successful, and assuming there's no burn marks and gaping holes Very Happy
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just talked to Netgear dealer and these new routers (3800 and 4000) will be available in EU only in Q3 - so sometime in summer probably....

Have a brick you don't need?

Paypal & Amazon.com gift cards are welcome. Every $ or € counts. Email: donate at dd-wrt dot si
m00nman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't own one, but if Eko had enough money he could get one here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WNDR4000-100NAS-N750-Wireless-DB-Gig-Router-NETGEAR-/160578569380?pt=COMP_EN_Routers&hash=item25633a84a4

OpenDNS....................................SpeedTest................................PingTest................................ETN.FM..............
Asus RT-N16 - svn15508 K2.6 big MAIN2
Asus RT-N12 with 9dBi antennas - svn16772 mini WDS node
Linksys WRT54G v8 - svn15314 micro AP
Asus RT-N56U - Padavan's custom F/W with my QOS mod
dbett
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Eko,

As I said, if you're close to being able to afford one, I'll kick in some more. Let me know here or via PM.
hceuterpe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 21:04    Post subject: Count me in too Reply with quote
Yeah, me too. Eko how much more would you need to purchase it before Q3?

It's available for sale all over the US so you can it somewhere
Eko

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Probably the best is that someone in US purchase it (with all the free shipping, discounts, etc) and the send it to me (just the router).
Not many US companies really ship to EU or it is ridiculously expensive.
I will of course reimburse you all via paypal.

Just thinking... anybody here to lend it to barryware for a week or two???

Paypal & Amazon.com gift cards are welcome. Every $ or € counts. Email: donate at dd-wrt dot si
aflury
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Eko, like I said, I'll send you one. Rip it to shreds if you want, but it would be preferable if you were able to port DD-WRT to it and send it back. The things are about $150 here in the US. Wink

Send me your shipping info at andrew dot ddwrt at flury dot org if you are game.
Eko

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
aflury wrote:
Eko, like I said, I'll send you one. Rip it to shreds if you want, but it would be preferable if you were able to port DD-WRT to it and send it back. The things are about $150 here in the US. Wink

Send me your shipping info at andrew dot ddwrt at flury dot org if you are game.

email sent... thx

dbett
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 15:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Glad to see this is moving along.

If there's any problem with aflury sending a unit, let me know. I'd be happy to step in.

And I'll also be happy to test the firmware once you (hopefully) have it up and running.

Thanks!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 31, 32, 33  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 33
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: