DIR 615 E5 ????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
AndreCT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 0:33    Post subject: DIR 615 E5 ???? Reply with quote
Hello guys,
I just purchased my new Router for my ap, and it is a D-Link Dir-615 E5 (the E5 is the bottom of the box)

Is it possible to install DD-WRT in it??

does it have any difference between E4 and E5 ???

because it has been just impossible to use the router with the factory firmware.. my god.. it CRASHS the internet every 15-20 minutes.. its freaking annoying.. hehe
Sponsor
AndreCT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
does anyone have an idea if its possible ??
or my version of Dlink doesnt work at all with dd-wrt???
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Most likely possible, hardware is same as E3/E4 versions.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:

Hi. I'm very afraid of flashing my rev E5 router with an E4 firmware. How can I confirm that both hardware are equivalent or that I can do the operation without surely bricking my router?

Best Regards
Andre
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
rapidshare03 wrote:
LOM wrote:

Hi. I'm very afraid of flashing my rev E5 router with an E4 firmware. How can I confirm that both hardware are equivalent or that I can do the operation without surely bricking my router?

Best Regards
Andre

Don't flash it then, there is no such thing as "surely not bricking"
If you don't understand how to do a hardware compare then there is no chance for you to do the compare so you'd better wait for someone more knowledgeable to do it the first time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
If you don't understand how to do a hardware compare then there is no chance for you to do the compare so you'd better wait for someone more knowledgeable to do it the first time.

I understand the risks involved in flashing a router. Are the internal photos of the router enough to do a hardware compare?

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=600022&fcc_id='KA2IR615E5'

Regards
Andre

Regards
Andre
Netminder51
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are you sure you are not looking at the Firmware version number? Check the Hardware Version number. Both are on the box and it is the Hardware version you are supposed to be looking at.

Hope this helps.

rapidshare03 wrote:
LOM wrote:

I understand the risks involved in flashing a router. Are the internal photos of the router enough to do a hardware compare?

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=600022&fcc_id='KA2IR615E5'

Regards
Andre

Regards
Andre
rapidshare03
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 17:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Netminder51 wrote:
Are you sure you are not looking at the Firmware version number? Check the Hardware Version number. Both are on the box and it is the Hardware version you are supposed to be looking at.

Hope this helps.

The router's admin page shows: Hardware Version: E5 Firmware Version: 5.11BR (It was bought in Brazil just like AndreCT).

BTW, the firmware available in the Brazilian D-Link site (http://suporte.dlink.com.br/suporte/arquivos/DIR-615/FIRMWARE/DIR615E4_FW511B26beta01.bin) should work for HW versions E4 and E5 but won't be accepted by my router, it says that the firmware is incompatible. I haven't tried to flash it using the Emergency Room page as I still hope to install dd-wrt in it. Smile

Regards
Andre[/url]
PiSToL
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 16:44    Post subject: d-link 615 E5 is compatible with E4 and E3 Reply with quote
d-link 615 E5 is compatible with E4 and E3

I just managed to update my dlink 615 E5 bought in BRAZIL with dd-wrt firmware.

The firmwares I used and the step by step guide is in:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8a3kws628j8b5u0/Mod_Dir-615_E5_5.11BR.zip

[]'s
uboom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 22:28    Post subject: Re: d-link 615 E5 is compatible with E4 and E3 Reply with quote
PiSToL wrote:
d-link 615 E5 is compatible with E4 and E3

I just managed to update my dlink 615 E5 bought in BRAZIL with dd-wrt firmware.

The firmwares I used and the step by step guide is in:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8a3kws628j8b5u0/Mod_Dir-615_E5_5.11BR.zip

[]'s

I managed to update my Router bought in the Dominican Republic that came with the HW E5 FW 5.11BR as you posted.
I was trying to put it to Repeater Bridge bu the options that I got where AP, Client, Client Bridge (Routed), AdHoc, WDS Station, WDS AP.
I already have a Nexxt Router as a Main Router and two WRT54G with the DD-wrt firmware. This was supposed to be a third repeater but don´t have the options.
Please let me know how to do it.

Thanks
wellcast
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 16:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
I followed the steps for E4 on my E5 BR but I received a message that the file was corrupted.
elajua
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
The instructions worked. I used the mediafire files 01 to 03 and installed DD-WRT r18024 instead of the last file (04) which is an old build.

I bought of these routers after that but unfortunately one of them is failing. I didn't realize that after installing DD-WRT and I can't find the original firmware anywhere on D-Link sites or public FTPs Sad

The brazilian site doesn't even have a download section!
DOLD
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 17:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
elajua wrote:
The instructions worked. I used the mediafire files 01 to 03 and installed DD-WRT r18024 instead of the last file (04) which is an old build.

I bought of these routers after that but unfortunately one of them is failing. I didn't realize that after installing DD-WRT and I can't find the original firmware anywhere on D-Link sites or public FTPs Sad

The brazilian site doesn't even have a download section!

I found it in here:
ftp://ftp.dlinkla.com/pub/drivers/DIR-615/FIRMWARE_DIR615E5_FW511BRB02.zip

Hope it helps.
dulinux
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 22:01    Post subject: Working steps for DIR 615 E5 5.11BR Reply with quote
I can confirm the steps kindly provided by PiSToL works on a Dlink DIR 615 E5 (5.11BR) with the latest DD-WRT firmware (2013-04-22).

BUT you won't get any lights working on the router. Internet led will always stay orange. Cable and Wifi leds will stay off.

Everyhing else will work just fine.

I've just made a repack of the PiSToL original zip package and added the latest firmware from dd-wrt that is currently working on my DIR 615 E5:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6crkqp6g55cv3sw/Mod_Dir-615_E5_5.11BR.tar.gz

Follow steps 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 described in the readme file and you router should run DD-WRT just fine.

Hope it helps.
mariosimoes80
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 14:27    Post subject: Re: Working steps for DIR 615 E5 5.11BR Reply with quote
dulinux wrote:
I can confirm the steps kindly provided by PiSToL works on a Dlink DIR 615 E5 (5.11BR) with the latest DD-WRT firmware (2013-04-22).

BUT you won't get any lights working on the router. Internet led will always stay orange. Cable and Wifi leds will stay off.

Everyhing else will work just fine.

I've just made a repack of the PiSToL original zip package and added the latest firmware from dd-wrt that is currently working on my DIR 615 E5:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6crkqp6g55cv3sw/Mod_Dir-615_E5_5.11BR.tar.gz

Follow steps 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 described in the readme file and you router should run DD-WRT just fine.

Hope it helps.

dulinux,

I did your procedure until step number five, but only the power LED and LED activity (small globe) are working.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: