[Success] Belkin f7d3302 v1000 to work with DD-WRT

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
coolquasar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 15:15    Post subject: [Success] Belkin f7d3302 v1000 to work with DD-WRT Reply with quote
Okay, I successfully installed DD-WRT in my Belkin f7d3302 v1000.

Below is my experience

1) Downloaded the
Code:
Mini: dd-wrt.v24-16773_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_f7d3302.bin

Mega: dd-wrt.v24-16773_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega.bin

2) Connected the router via wired LAN to my Macbook, static network parameters
Code:
IP: 192.168.2.8
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.2.1

3) Booted the router to CFE min webserver

Code:
Hold down the reset button on the back of the router, while keppin it held, plug the power in, and still keep the button pressed for 10 seconds. While still holding it, point the browser (IE v8) to http://192.168.2.1 . CFE Mini webserver should be loaded, if not repeat the process all over.

4) From here, select the Mini firmware file downloaded (dd-wrt.v24-16773_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_f7d3302.bin) and click upload and waited for it to reboot.
(After the firmware starts to upload, please get away from your place. Resettin or Rebootin the router will brick the device)

5) After 10 mins, router was running. Visited http://192.168.1.1 and I could see the dd-wrt router page. (First level of success!!!!)

6) Assigned a new user name and password.

7) Clicked Setup->Basic setup and configured it for my ISP. (Static IP connection, as my router connects to an ADSL modem)

8. Clicked "Save" and "Apply Settings". Checked If am online, but unfortunately not.

9) Did a 30/30/30
Code:
Hold Reset Button 30 secs, unplug power with reset button still held in... keep power out for 30, and plug power back in while still holding the reset for 30 more seconds

10) Checked the internet and it was working. (Second level of success!!!!)

11) Navigated to Administration->Firmware Upgrade->Selected the Mega bin downloaded previously (dd-wrt.v24-16773_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega.bin) and clicked upgrade. (Now again, please get away from your place. Resettin or Rebootin the router will brick the device)

12) After 10 mins, router was running. Visited http://192.168.1.1 and I could see the dd-wrt router page. (Thrid level of success!!!!)

13) Internet was still working Smile Smile

Basic dd-wrt firmware flashin is done and router is up. Now, you may navigate to various places in router page and needed options can be selected.
Goto Services->Services->"Secure Shell". Enable SShd for SSH access (via putty/winSCP)

14) Installed Optware utilities (Check Optware the right way). Configured Samba server (Check Samba tutorial at Wiki). (Fourth level of success!!!)

15) Configured Transmission for torrent downloads. (Check Transmission tutorial in wiki)

16) Unplugged my external hard drive and plugged in the 3G USB modem. Navigated to Setup->Basic Setup, in WAN connection type, selected "3G/UMTS" and configured it as per my 3G network and voila, within few seconds, I could access the internet (with my macbook connected to the router via Wifi 802.11n only mode)

17) Surprisingly, there was an issue with date and time maintained in the router.

18. Enabled the NTP client and chose my UTC settings, saved and rebooted.

19) Could not access the 192.168.1.1, router page via Wifi. So disabled, Wifi and connected to router via wired LAN and checked for 192.168.1.1. I could access the router page after 10 mins. But, clock hadn't synced yet.

20) Searched the dd-wrt forum and got a ntp server,
Code:
time-b.timefreq.bldrdoc.gov

Specified this in the NTP time settings, saved and reboot. I could access the router, and the time was set to current.

Now, I need some help scheduling torrent downloads, using Transmission and also to get the transmission keep running between reboots. Please help me here.

Overall, It was a great experience installing and configuring DD-WRT firmware into my Belkin router. Its out of the box support for 3G/UMTS actually surprised me. Samba support is also great. Great going guys!!!!
Sponsor
Nahjil567
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have been reading this forum concerning this particular router. I have not attempted to flash the firmware, as there are a few things I don't grasp completely. (Probably because most of my experience with networking has been connecting wirelessly.) Until just two days ago, I did not have a computer in the house with a wired card. Had to set up the initial belkin set up with my mother's laptop. First thing I don't quite grasp is setting my IP address.
Quote:
Code:
IP: 192.168.2.8
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.2.1

How is this accomplished using Windows 7 and My belkin Share F7D3302v1? Second question has to do with booting to the CFE mini webserver. Everywhere I read that I should do a 30/30/30 reset first. Should I do that then do this?
Quote:
Code:
Hold down the reset button on the back of the router, while keppin it held, plug the power in, and still keep the button pressed for 10 seconds. While still holding it, point the browser (IE vCool to http://192.168.2.1 . CFE Mini webserver should be loaded, if not repeat the process all over.
Thank you for your time. Once I get this flashed I'm sure I'll have a host of other questions. I have pretty much zero experience with networking. I'm hoping that once I get it on there, I'll have less issues with my internet connection.
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 13:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nahjil567 wrote:
Everywhere I read that I should do a 30/30/30 reset first. Should I do that then do this?

Yes. Set the router back to factory defaults and THEN flash dd-wrt.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Jorge Silva
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
I also have this router and flashed with EKO build 16773, but i found out that BS also have builds for this router.So my question is :

Which one is the best??? ( Eko builds or BS builds ? )

Regards,
Jorge Silva

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi all ,how can go back to mini build, I manged to put mega build but found that I m not in need to mega build .reuploading thru web page gives (upgrading failed) ,shall I go thru CFE web page? thanks
PhyerFly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just wanted to share a small victory I had while following this guide to install DD-WRT on F7D7302 I just picked up to use as a wireless bridge.

I followed the steps verbatim, but when I got to step 4 (clicking the "upload" button to upload the firmware) my browser looked like it was working for a second and instead of showing the "Upload complete" message, it showed an error page that said "Internet Explorer cannot display the page".

I tried Firefox and got the same problem, but instead it said "Connection was Reset". I tried rebooting the router, getting back into CFE etc. and nothing worked, got the same problem every time.

I was trying all this using a VAIO TT with Win 7 Ultimate 64bit running IE7, so after running out of ideas I finally decided to try using a different computer and it WORKED.

Now, I don't know exactly what the problem was, but I figure some other poor soul might have the same issue and be scouring the net for an answer - so here's the two things I did different with the second PC that you might want to try.

1.) Used a different computer
2.) In step 2 when I set my IP address, I left the DNS server blank (I'd filled it in with 192.168.2.1 on the first PC)
3.) After manually setting the IP address in step 2, I unchecked IPv6 in my adapter settings.
4.) I used Internet Explorer 9 instead of 7.

After the mini upload was complete, I only had about a minute delay before the green LED above the WPS button was fully lit. I then reset my network adapter to use DHCP and I was able to see the DD-WRT page at 192.168.1.1 no problem.

Hope it helps someone
Krakuanen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Unfortuanaly no later build than 16773 works with USB fileserver. In the latest build (16990) the USB drive doesn´t even get mounted.
dellhobbyist
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 16:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi I'm new in the forum. Sorry for my ignorance. Just want to clarify when you say CPE mini-browser, it the router page that are usually accessed during configuration? When I did an update in the FW, I used the link for the FW update in the router page. Will it work also with the DD-WRT FWs? I want to have the FW changed to DD-WRT version since I'm getting a lot of issues ever since I had this router. I was promised that Belkin will have my router replaced since there are defects seen but it did not happen. Belkin Philippines did not try reaching me. I even sent the chat transcript with the Belkin Tech to the Distributor but did not work. If the changes will not work and will make my Belkin router bricked, I'll just throw it away. Thanks in advance. Opinions are welcome too.Smile
samual
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:03    Post subject: Link to the files Reply with quote
could i get the url for those files
samual
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:08    Post subject: Re: [Success] Belkin f7d3302 v1000 to work with DD-WRT Reply with quote
where are these files located

Mini: dd-wrt.v24-16773_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_f7d3302.bin

Mega: dd-wrt.v24-16773_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega.bin[/code]
Jorge Silva
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/V24-K26/svn16773/dd-wrt.v24-16773_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_f7d3302.bin

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/V24-K26/svn16773/dd-wrt.v24-16773_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega.bin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry for the delay. I attached the screenshot for the router firmware page. Hope this help in solving my issue.

Good day.

Belkin_FW.JPG
 Description:
My router firmware upgrade page
 Filesize:  48.38 KB
 Viewed:  89664 Time(s)

Belkin_FW.JPG

dellhobbyist
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 16:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I just want to inform you how graceful my firmware upgrade took place last week. I just followed the steps and was able to eliminate my router from bricking.Very Happy I was able to configure the router and with the additional windows and tab, I was happy with the outcome. I just need some assistance on two issues, bandwidth throttling and firewall issues.

I have a daughter that does torrent downloading and frequently took all the Internet bandwidth causing my cable box to get thirsty of bandwidth and ended up the channels get scrambled or TV shows stopped playing. I checked QoS in the wiki page but was not able to properly configure. My other computer slows down too. I need a sample config for me to play around.

As for my firewall, my issue is simple. Prior to upgrading, I do not have issues browsing the web, I can check and go to other websites, now I am having some issue going to yahoo to check my mails, the page shows blank.This issue is simple but I cannot check the window where to configure this.

Just to add up, I saw the VLAN window in the webgui of the router page and I want to configure my VoIP on it. Is there a way to configure Asterisk or mypbx software into the router and what additions do I need if I decided to install it in my router. I already made my network layout before in which I planned of using Cisco but it is expensive considering that this is just a home network. I understand that I will need a mid-end switch which I want to be a manageable type.

All your help and suggestions are highly appreciated. Thanks
mahima20
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
I bought a second hand Belkin Home Base to play with, and here are some findings:

Belkin
gh246
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:22    Post subject: Success Reply with quote
Like others, having trouble with a Belkin N300 Share (F7D7302 v1) After much searching found this thread, downloaded the software and followed the directions. I did rename the mini file from f7d3302.bin to f7d7302.bin just in case. Had no trouble booting to CFE web, upload and install were smooth and upgrade to mega flawless. (I've run out of adjectives now Wink )

Setup was straight foward and it's been running flawlessly since, even with a really large, fast torrent download.

So thanks to all, especially the OP for taking the time to contribute.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 3
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: