jumper for making eeprom readonly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
phi337
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:54    Post subject: jumper for making eeprom readonly Reply with quote
- I am looking for a router where you first have to make the eeprom writeable with jumper before flashing.
- Also important for me is the capability of switching off the wlan with jumper.
- Anybody knows any router with tpm or trustzone (ARM related) inside?

Of course that device I am dreaming about should be already supported by dd-wrt Smile
Sponsor
Warranty-Void
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:19    Post subject: Re: jumper for making eeprom readonly Reply with quote
phi337 wrote:
- I am looking for a router where you first have to make the eeprom writeable with jumper before flashing.
- Also important for me is the capability of switching off the wlan with jumper.
- Anybody knows any router with tpm or trustzone (ARM related) inside?

Of course that device I am dreaming about should be already supported by dd-wrt Smile

It's been a while this dude asked for this, but anyways.. Dream on baby. If a device has any sort of secure boot / tpm / arm "trustzone" in it then it will also be using it. So to get DD-WRT on there you would first have to defeat that. It would probably be doable, a lot of phones have the same crap in them and get cracked but it would be an effort. Sorry.

And to add to your fears: Yes I'm too fantasizing about sending a bunch of nicely crafted packets to a very common and ubiquitious router and take it over remotely. That is indeed a (theoretic) possibility ..

in fact a few years back I read that a MAC was hacked via this route through the airport adaptor (more broadcom crap).. they got control over the software radio and then were able to use the pci card to write to OSX kernel space. I'm sure there are a lot of these kinds of cracks available to intelligence agencies.

So yes... be afraid, be very afraid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: