DD-WRT on Belkin F5D8235-4 v2 (N+)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
DanaG
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmm, I've just tried dd-wrt again on my v2000, and the WAN port still doesn't work when in "assign to switch" mode! How do I get this to work?

To clarify, "doesn't work" means that it passes packets out, but the returned replies don't make it back.
For example, on laptop DHCP request from LAN port:
Request: Laptop -> Belkin LAN -> Belkin WAN -> Upstream LAN
Reply: Upstream LAN -> Belkin WAN -> ???
The Belkin router does see the reply, but it gets lost thereafter.

Mistake! There was an attempt of an automatic insert of the message in a forum. Your message is not posted. Try still times who knows - can it will turn out? Still probably, that you too long wrote the message - then pass to page back, copy the text, update page, insert the copied text and press button "Send".
Sponsor
pyro5298
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 0:36    Post subject: v2033 w/ SR Ethernet Reply with quote
Brainslayer, is is possible to create a version of DD-WRT that supports the SR Ethernet vs the RG Ethernet? I opened mine up and found it has an SR chip which explains why none of the LAN ports nor the WAN port worked, as was the problem several others are having.

I'm hoping you or someone can come thru on this because this box has horrible Wireless performance with the stock firmware.

Thanks in advance
Pyro
hawk1500
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
belkin just released a new firmware for it...not sure what it does, haven't even installed it yet.
Kruu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Some link to the update fw plz? I cant find it...
Jonhoo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
For the AU version I found the new firmware (2.01.09) here: http://en-au-support.belkin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374

No changelog though...
hawk1500
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kruu wrote:
Some link to the update fw plz? I cant find it...

I went through the firmware update in the router interface.
homig
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
US website: http://en-us-support.belkin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/304

Quote:
Version 2xxx Firmware
Post Date: 03/04/2011
Download version: 2.01.09, OS compatibility: Any, size: 5.79MB

http://cache-www.belkin.com/support/dl/F5D8235v2_WW_2.01.09.bin
johnny01
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:34    Post subject: Working PPPoE on F5D8235-4 v2 2033 Reply with quote
Hi all. I have Belkin F5D8235-4 v2 2033 and due to limitation of original firmware I flashed the nice DD-WRT firmware.
My problem was that the ISP use PPPoE connection and as many of you notice this didn't "work" on the DD-WRT.
I look on the forum and find some methods to debug this issue.
Seem that the problem is from some vlan's not corectly set
run the command
nvram show | grep port.vlans
The result was
port5vlans=1 2 16
port3vlans=1
port1vlans=1
port4vlans=1
port2vlans=1
port0vlans=2

After the fix running the same command the rusult was

port5vlans=1 2 16
port3vlans=18 19
port1vlans=1 18 19
port4vlans=1 18 19
port2vlans=1 18 19
port0vlans=2 18 19

To fix the pppoe issue I go to Setup -> VLANs and uncheck one of the port (ex port 3) click save. After this recheck the Port 3 click Save and Apply Settings.
This seems that will populate with correct value the portXvlans and the PPPoE connection work. Now I can finally use my router with a true firmware.
Hope this can help others with the same issue
jsox79
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
i checked this thread sometime ago and thought it was dead in the water, just for giggles i checked again today and lo and behold theres life!!
Flashed firm from page 4 and voila, a firmware thats worth a crap.

for those complaining about buggyness or no wan, do a hard reset via 30 sec hold on reset button. then reboot modem and router in tandem. after that everything works no hiccups. great reception, much better throughput, oh and i noticed someone saying that the ip table chains arent set, i did a bruteforce attack and found no chinks in the armor.....
Thanks alot brainslayer and others for your work on this!
homestead_us
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any word on compatibility for v2110?
Ive been having all kinds of intermittent signal drops, fluctuating speed, even while I'm sitting right in front of the router. I loaded the latest fw and I would barely get any signal in the next room. I had to revert to prior fw to make the thing work.
supdude
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 12:53    Post subject: Re: Working PPPoE on F5D8235-4 v2 2033 Reply with quote
johnny01 wrote:
To fix the pppoe issue I go to Setup -> VLANs and uncheck one of the port (ex port 3) click save. After this recheck the Port 3 click Save and Apply Settings.
This seems that will populate with correct value the portXvlans and the PPPoE connection work. Now I can finally use my router with a true firmware.
Hope this can help others with the same issue

I tried the command you suggested and mine did not return any ports or listings like the one you posted. I also do not have the VLAN tab, but I do have a Networking tab.

I changed the WLAN port assignment from vlan2 to br0 and my PPPoE started to work.

However, there is something peculiar going on with the DHCP server. I have specified the IP addresses start at after 100, but it still assigned IP addresses below 100. Also, none of the clients appear properly on the client lists.

Wireless MAC Client filtering also doesn't seem to be working for me either.

Thank you for suggesting playing around with VLAN.

Things are still unstable for me to use the router but glad to know at least the PPPoE isn't the issue for me anymore.
supdude
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
I checked my old router and the WAN assignment is usually VLAN1 so I tried to set it to that but then my router stops responding completely.

I feel like we're almost there!!
z00mantwo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I'm trying to figure all this out.

Once I install the original-to-dd-wrt.bin can I upgrade the version of DD-WRT? If so which one do I download?
sc2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 15:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all,
after flashing via web failed (reboot loop), I got a serial cable (CA-42) which worked.flashed from command line the original belkin firmware, the router stopped the flash at some point, after waiting around 10 minutes, I took the power plug out.

From there only the "storage" LED´s blink once its turned on, nothing more. Anybody ideas? Seems to be fully bricked now...
ranjitbhar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just wanted to let you guys successfully updated the Belkin N+ F5D8235-4 V2000 using the post on page 4... Thanks a ton.

Everything is working the WiFi b/g/n the 4 LAN ports but all the leds are not lighting up like they used to earlier but who cares it works and now using dd-wrt the interface is super fast I was earlier using WRT54G with dd-wrt.

Will post in a few days about the stability and any issues if I have.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 26, 27, 28  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 16 of 28
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: