Asus RT-N56U released and available!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
rhdcheme
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
kpmkat wrote:
Mine is rebooting too on 1.0.1.5 with media server ... 2 crap firmware from asus lately :/ Can't wait for dd-wrt version...

What I found was that it would reboot immediately when I turn on my network printer (Brother 7360 connected to a LAN port of the rt-56u).

Another problem I have with this router is that it does not play well with my TP-LINK gigabit card. Windows gives error message (this is on every firmware version).

2.4 wireless is very choppy. My E3000 is much better.

All in all, not very impressed with this router.

ztsen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
rhdcheme wrote:
kpmkat wrote:
Mine is rebooting too on 1.0.1.5 with media server ... 2 crap firmware from asus lately :/ Can't wait for dd-wrt version...

What I found was that it would reboot immediately when I turn on my network printer (Brother 7360 connected to a LAN port of the rt-56u).

Another problem I have with this router is that it does not play well with my TP-LINK gigabit card. Windows gives error message (this is on every firmware version).

2.4 wireless is very choppy. My E3000 is much better.

All in all, not very impressed with this router.

did you log a case to asus, so they can work on your issue?
rhdcheme
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
ztsen wrote:

did you log a case to asus, so they can work on your issue?

I have contacted them on most of these issues (but not the reboot problem) and they have always responded that their latest firmware should have fixed the issues I am having. As a matter of fact, I tried to RMA it, but they gave me the runaround. I am hoping that they will come up with fixes soon. Otherwise, I am going to get rid of it by auctioning it.

Two other problems I did not mention: (1) fails GRC security port scan on Port 21 (all firmwares); and (2) iTunes server crashes on use or does not start at all.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 13:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Main thing is to annoy Asus about the problems.

Iv contacted them many times.

The latest time they want me to RMA it, but i dont think i want to. The person im talking with seems to think its a hardware issue but doesnt know of any issues relating to the upnp and firmware.

Im hesitant to give it back to them in case i dont get it back!
klauzer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does anyone have problems to find USB hdd with PS3 that is connected to router using Upnp?
rhdcheme
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
klauzer wrote:
Does anyone have problems to find USB hdd with PS3 that is connected to router using Upnp?

I can find the media server with all the files on the HDD OK, but when playing a video, it stutters very badly. Unwatchable. It does not matter what wireless channel I use.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 0:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
I found a security hole on RT-N56U, where visiting http://192.168.1.1/QIS_wizard.htm?flag=detect after we done with the initial configuration (change password etc), will displays the user/pass clear text. This works even if connected through wifi.
legohei
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:26    Post subject: HTTP password is stored in nvram Reply with quote
dodysw wrote:
I found a security hole on RT-N56U, where visiting http://192.168.1.1/QIS_wizard.htm?flag=detect after we done with the initial configuration (change password etc), will displays the user/pass clear text. This works even if connected through wifi.

Actually you don't need to run flag=detect to get the password. There is a hidden input in QIS_wizard.htm. You can get the password by viewing the page's source.

The password is physically stored in nvram. If you telnet to your router, run "/usr/sbin/nvram show", you will get it too.
legohei
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:29    Post subject: Re: HTTP password is stored in nvram Reply with quote
legohei wrote:
dodysw wrote:

Actually you don't need to run flag=detect to get the password. There is a hidden input in QIS_wizard.htm. You can get the password by viewing the page's source.

The password is physically stored in nvram. If you telnet to your router, run "/usr/sbin/nvram show", you will get it too.

BTW, if you run "nvram show", you will see that your RT-N56U's machine_name is "RT_N13U.B1" Smile
kalle2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:49    Post subject: Re: HTTP password is stored in nvram Reply with quote
Today, ASUS deleted the 1.0.1.5 firmware from both, download area and FTP server. Seems they finally understood that this was a crappy release Wink
generic_eric
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 16:22    Post subject: security holes in asus rt-n56u Reply with quote
Have the passwords been visible in clear text in each revision of firmware or only in the last version 1.0.1.5. I am reluctant to purchase the hardware until this is resolved.
GeKo53
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 16:33    Post subject: Re: security holes in asus rt-n56u Reply with quote
generic_eric wrote:
Have the passwords been visible in clear text in each revision of firmware or only in the last version 1.0.1.5.

That issue exists in version 1.0.1.4. too! Shocked

Tot kijk
Gerald
generic_eric
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 16:14    Post subject: security holes in asus rt-n56u Reply with quote
Have the passwords ever been stored properly? If I were to buy it today, could I load a safe firmware?
hgfischer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just wondering how we could do with a router that have 128MB of RAM and 2 USB ports. Idea

Sad that I'm newbie to firmware hacking and that I have no spare router to try it. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

If DD-WRT maintainers are trying to create a build of DD-WRT to this router, maybe I could donate some money.
Wink

I bought my RT-N56U this week but did not got it yet.

Did you guys made some benchmarks on the file sharing using a USB HD? How much was it?
axiomcrs
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 17:40    Post subject: dd-wrt version for RT-N56U Reply with quote
Will there be a notification when dd-wrt has been ported to the RT-N56U or do I have to keep checking this forum? If there is notification will it be by email or some other method?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 14
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: