Belkin 5D7230-4 v1010 and ver24

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
KenCam
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 15:59    Post subject: Belkin 5D7230-4 v1010 and ver24 Reply with quote
I know that it isn't in the list of supported routers but is there any reason I shouldn't try ver24 on this router? It's running v23 sp2 right now.

I want to set it up as a universal repeater and give it to a friend.
Sponsor
KenCam
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I got curious and tried it. It powers up and shows an LED for whatever port I'm plugged into but it does nothing. No wireless or router functions. I can't log on to it at all.

How hard is it to fix from this condition? Is it worth it for such a cheap router?
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can recover by tftp-ing v23 sp3 mini generic or v24 mini generic at boot wait state. You'll get few pings.

I tried v24 myself, mini version works OK, I don't know why v24 standard doesn't. Maybe firmware size is too big.
KenCam
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been trying to fix this router and not having much luck. I can't get a ping and can't tftp. I tried 192.168.(2 & 1).1. I'm not sure which IP address to use. The belkin originally used 192.168.2.1 but after running with DD-WRT it was using 192.168.1.1. I also tried to tftp on all the ports including the wan and I tried the tftp utility from linksys.

I have tftp-ed it successfully in the past so I think I halfway know what I'm doing.

I've read that I shorting a couple of pins on one of the chips could help but I don't know which pins. Is the chip/pins in question behind the heat shield?
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
It is on last known IP. Maybe use switch or hub or another router lan-lan in between to catch boot wait pings.

Or use jtag - see sticky - don't shorten pins.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: