TP-Link and Channel Width.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
ibrahiemk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 16:26    Post subject: TP-Link and Channel Width. Reply with quote
I need to purchase an access point that will support 5 or 10 mhz channel width. I am trying to recieve a reliable signal from a Ubiquiti Rocket M2, but the environment is too noisy. I had an old WRT54GV2 lying around that I flashed with DD-WRT, but the channel width option does not appear regardless of wireless mode. So I assume it is a hardware limitation. My question is does the TP-Link WR740N, WR741ND or any of the other TP-Link supported routers have the option to use 5 or 10 mhz?

I'm sorry if I missed something obvious, but I am rather new to this. I searched the forums and it seems the answer would be yes, but I want to make sure. Thanks.
Sponsor
freonchill
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
do you already have a TP-Link router?

i could be wrong, but i want to say that channel width is a 802.11n spec, so your wrt54g v2 wouldnt have it.

ive have a whr-g300n & whr-hp-g300n both configured for 20mhz, but the option is there, in the drop-down, for 5mhz & 10mhz

the whr-hp-g300n has the same cpu as the WR740N or WR741ND, probably same atheros radio...

so i would think it would have the same option(s)

1x WRT54G2 v1
2x BUFFALO WHR-G54S
2x BUFFALO WHR-G300N v2
1x BUFFLOW WHR-HP-G300N
1x La Fonera
FON Client Bridge tutorial
ibrahiemk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 14:20    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote
Thanks for the response. I picked up a WR741ND v2.1 and flashed it. It does indeed have the width options, but now I'm running into something else. Please see thread

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=139499&start=0

Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: