DIR 600 and QoS behavior

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
crankdoofus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:46    Post subject: DIR 600 and QoS behavior Reply with quote
Hi,
I have a DLink DIR 600 B2 and have been running dd-wrt for about 2 months now. I was trying to setup QOS on it and noticed a strange behavior.
My incoming/outgoing bandwidth is 512/512 kbps as measured by speedtest.net and as advertised by my ISP. I used a setting of 480 (95% of 512) and mode as HTB applied on WAN.
What I see is that, if QOS is not enabled, the uTorrent download speed is upto 60-64kBps (480-512 kbps), but as soon as I enable it, without any L7, mac or IP filters, it falls down to about half of it (34-38kBps). If it setup the L7 filters and prioritise HTTP as standard, bittorrent as bulk and some browsing happens, the uTorrent download speed falls to accomodate HTTP traffic and after browsing, it comes back to 34-38kBps.
So it seems that the prioritisation is working fine but allocation is not correct. I have taken these samples at different times to allow for variations and made sure no other kind of traffic is on the wire at that time. Also these bandwidths were taken over period of 10-15 minutes to allow for variations again. I have tried taking these samples with and without rebooting the router after making changes to the configuration, the results don't change. The same behavior is visible when I try to use Port filters instead of L7 filters ( I don't use DHT or encryption on P2P).
Does anyone have any pointers as to why this would be happening ? Do let me know if any more details are required, any config changes that can help or diagnose.
Sponsor
crankdoofus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 14:07    Post subject: Re: DIR 600 and QoS behavior Reply with quote
bump .. anyone !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: