wrt54g as a WAP and trying to use Wireless MAC Filter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
infin3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 14:04    Post subject: wrt54g as a WAP and trying to use Wireless MAC Filter Reply with quote
Hi,

I have a wrt54g v6 that I have set up as a WAP with multiple SSID's, public and private and then the appropriate firewalls configured to keep them separate. I recently had a need to keep several devices from connecting via wireless to my private side and tried configuring the Wireless MAC filter to deny access by entering the device MAC addresses. No matter what I did I could not get this function to work as the clients continued to connect and have full network access.

Is this function not available when using the router as WAP?

I ended up configuring the denial on my gateway router by denying DHCP IP assignment, but that was not the preferred way I wanted to accomplish this.

Any ideas?
Sponsor
infin3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 14:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was hoping that someone out could help explain this?

Is the Wireless MAC Filter disabled when configuring the router as a WAP?

Thanks again in advance.
hpsenicka
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 15:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
You haven't provided any details about what version of dd-wrt you are using.
WRT54G v6, v8
WRT54GS v5
WRH54G
infin3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 19:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry,

I am currently running:

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/22/09) micro - build 12548M NEWD Eko

and its on a wrt54g v6
VN-One
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:46    Post subject: e2000 & e3000 Similar Issue Reply with quote
I too am running a WAP on both e2000 & e3000 Routers running the latest DD-WRT Build and am also having problems Denying access to the network via the MAC Filter. Is there any way to enable it or does it only work when there is DHCP Server on that router?

If it is not possible is there any way to run separate DHCP Servers but in a way so that one router can see the other routers Computers, Printers, NAS, etc.
prizm3d
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
MAC address Filter can only be configured for the main (first) SSID... for the rest im not sure you can do anything about it.
WRT54GL (had 7 storey fall and still working perfectly in repeater mode at 251mW since i installed dd-wrt a few years ago Razz)
VN-One
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well the problem is the MAC Address Filter ceases to function if it is setup as a WAP. The e2000 is having the issue as well and it only has one SSID.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: