Option to set AOSS button to turn radio off does not work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
arthng
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:17    Post subject: Option to set AOSS button to turn radio off does not work Reply with quote
I got a buffalo wzr-hp-g300nh and the option to set the AOSS button to turn the wireless off does not work. It appears that Atheros units use a different command to turn the radio off. Is there a work around or best to wait till the firmware is updated. Is there a place to log this bug?

Broadcom | Atheros
wl assoclist | wl_atheros assoclist (wlanconfig ath0 list sta)
wl radio up | ifconfig ath0 up
wl radio down | ifconfig ath0 down
wl txpwr1 -d n | iwconfig ath0 txpower n
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Which build # did you happen to say you were using? Because on my wzr-hp-g300nh setting that works fine.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
arthng
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried the latest firmwares from dd-wrt and buffalo and both did not work for me. I did notice that my router sticker says it is a WZR-HP-G301NH - could be the Japanese version. I flashed the latest firmwares for both WZR-HP-G301NH and WZR-HP-G300NH and both did not work. In both cases dd-wrt reported it as a WZR-HP-G300NH.

When I telnet to the router and login, 'wl radio off' does not work but 'ifconfig ath0 down' does turn the wireless off.
RouterSau
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 16:53    Post subject: Same problem here Reply with quote
I have a Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH. I did everything according to the description in the wiki: Enable Reset button and under "Services" - "AOSS Button Function" I selected the 1st option "Turning off Radio".

Pressing AOSS button short => nothing happens.
Pressing AOSS button long (0.5 seconds or longer) => the red LED with the lock symbol goes on as long as I press the button.
But in both cases WLAN stays on.

I can also turn it off from the web-interface "Administration" - "Commands" and sending "ifconfig ath0 down".

Firmware: "DD-WRT v24SP2-MULTI (10/31/11) std - build 17798"
Binary: wzrhpg300nh-pro-v24sp2-17798-alpha.enc
From archive: WZR-HP-G300NH_pro-v24sp2-17798-alpha.zip

This is the latest recommended version on buffalo site for this router.
$p00ky
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Opposite question: how can I get back the default function of the AOSS button (WPS)?
I don't want to switch off the radio when pushing it, I want to connect my device. At the moment, pushing the button just don't do anything...

Router Model Buffalo WHR-300HP2
Firmware Version DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/18/14) std - build 23919
Kernel Version Linux 3.10.37 #550 Fri Apr 18 09:46:58 CEST 2014 mips
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
WPS is not implemented in DD-WRT due to security issues.
$p00ky
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shocked
Goodbye DD-WRT...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: