ASUS RT-N10+

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
facsi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks jamesbond, it worked.
Sponsor
curv872
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I also have the RT-N10+, I was able to easily install dd-wrt, my problem now is I can not get the router to work in Repeater-Bridge mode. Help!
mazey
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
i bought the asus rt-n10+ and had it running for a couple of days before experiencing problems with the software that came with it, so i did a google and seen a few threads about this dd-wrt i heard good reviews and thought i had nothing to lose since the other software sucked bigtime, and i upgraded to dd-wrt i was in love.. ive run linux before and i know how stable/secure it can be, plus ive done networking courses so the extra features i found are very useless for me, anyway im really happy with it and just thought id let ppl know also in alot of the threads it said wireless wasnt supported yet but that has changed now i have full wireless support and everything works great uptime 6 days now, im running firmware 16785, if u dont run dd-wrt trust me u cant go wrong with it Smile very happy +1
javabro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 15:54    Post subject: can you detail this more? Reply with quote
JamesBond007 wrote:
For what it's worth, I bought a RT-N10+ from Meritline.com and successfully flashed DD-WRT onto it last night using the factory-to-ddwrt.trx file from https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2011/04-09-11-r16754/Asus-RT-N10PLUS/

I had to use the Asus flash utility at https://drivers.eu/Network/ASUS/RT-N10%20Plus%20%28VER.B1%29

...despite my best efforts, I could not get it to flash via the TFTP method (was not able to ping the router after putting it into recovery mode)

Hi, I have just purchased the same model of router, and I cannot get the asus web-gui to except that file without throwing an error saying that the file is incorrect. Can you walk through install process?
mazey
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:59    Post subject: Re: can you detail this more? Reply with quote
javabro wrote:
JamesBond007 wrote:
For what it's worth, I bought a RT-N10+ from Meritline.com and successfully flashed DD-WRT onto it last night using the factory-to-ddwrt.trx file from https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2011/04-09-11-r16754/Asus-RT-N10PLUS/

I had to use the Asus flash utility at https://drivers.eu/Network/ASUS/RT-N10%20Plus%20%28VER.B1%29

...despite my best efforts, I could not get it to flash via the TFTP method (was not able to ping the router after putting it into recovery mode)

Hi, I have just purchased the same model of router, and I cannot get the asus web-gui to except that file without throwing an error saying that the file is incorrect. Can you walk through install process?

u need to install the tool that came on the cd that came with the router, and then u put the router in recovery mode (hold the reset button 30 secs) then run the tool and use the factory->ddwrt firmware then done.

use the 785 version thats on the router db its the most stable imo

Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/13/11) std
Time: 18:58:50 up 25 days, 1:14, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

been up since i installed it heh love it.
400pps
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
curv872 wrote:
I also have the RT-N10+, I was able to easily install dd-wrt, my problem now is I can not get the router to work in Repeater-Bridge mode. Help!

Try This rom!Will be OK!
D-Link DIR-615 D1
Router details
Additional information
Chipset Ralink3052 RT3052F
RAM 32 MB
FLASH 4 MB

This Rom can get the router to work in Repeater-Bridge&Client Bridge mode.
Attention!! The MAC!
This rom dispaly three of same MAC,You can find the wireless MAC only in wireless consoles web!
donphillipe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 20:16    Post subject: RT-N10Plus upgrade Reply with quote
Life should be simple ....

The referenced link above shows me only the Chinese version of Asus Firmware utility, alternately here is something that might help those who are not "old timers" in the dd-wrt community:

1.Download "Utilities" for a RTN16 (to get an English version) from here http://usa.asus.com/Networks/WiFi_Networking/RTN16/#download or Google to locate "ASUS Firmware Restoration Utility" (we use the RTN16 because it is in composed for multiple languages, opposed to the utility for the RT-N10Plus which is available only in the Chinese language) The RTN16 utility will work equally fine on the RT-N10+ if you are only going to use the firmware restore option, which we are

2.extract zip file from ASUS to a local folder and run the SETUP.EXE from the "Utility" sub-folder of the zip extract

3.once the install completes, close any RT-N16 window that might have opened showing a router quick path configuration screen (we will not use this). Then navigate to Start, Programs, ASUS Utility, RT-N16 Wireless Router, and click on "Firmware Restoration"

4.locate RT-N10Plus latest dd-wrt firmware online and save the files to a folder, saving both "factory-to-ddwrt.trx" and "asus-rt-n10plus-ddwrt-webflash.bin" files to your hard drive. Double check that these files are the latest versions (these are as of July 2011, downloaded from this location https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2011/04-09-11-r16754/Asus-RT-N10PLUS/)

5.better yet, follow the navigation path from dd-wrt.com to see if a more current dd-wrt firmware for this device is being offered (should be in the "other" device category)

6.power off the RT-N10Plus (ensure you have a LAN cable from your laptop/computer to the router in place), now find a paper clip or small screwdriver and hold down on the reset button while you insert the power plug, then release the reset button when the lights on the router come on and set the router to the side

7. on the ASUS "Firmware Restoration" menu, click the "Browse" button and navigate to the location of the file, "factory-to-ddwrt.trx" and click Upload - - - now respond to allow any firewall notices saying that xxx.exe is trying to access the internet and allow the ASUS utilities to "access the internet" in both client/server mode should your firewall software ask to allow them

8. wait for the blue bar to traverse the screen and for the message, "Successfully recovered the system. Please wait for the system to reboot.". Wait about 5 minutes, then power off and back on the router.

9. Open a browser window and go to this URL http://192.168.1.1 - you should now see the common dd-wrt menu asking for a router name and password. Type over the astersiks ****** to complete this data with anything of your liking, i.e. MyRouter and MyPassword but be sure to note the ID and password you create for future access, click "Change Password" at the bottom and proceed to the screen to load in the real dd-wrt firmware.

10. click the Administration tab on the dd-wrt menu found at http://192.168.1.1 - you will be asked for the ID/PW you just created, then click on "Firmware Upgrade" second tier tab, then click the "Browse" button and navigate to the location on your hard drive where you stored file "asus-rt-n10plus-ddwrt-webflash.bin", now click "Upgrade" and wait. Be patient and watch the LAN light on the N10+ flash while the firmware is uploaded to it. The web screen will continue to show a circle stating "Upgrading firmware... Please wait" with a countdown time specifying seconds, i.e. 250s ... 190s .... 150s. Then you will see "Upgrade successful. Unit is rebooting now. Please wait a moment". Do what is says - wait.

11.now after 1-4 minutes, you should see in the upper R.H. corner of the dd-wrt menu, the infow should appear - Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2(04/09/11)std, with the time and the WAN IP which will be 0.0.0.0 until you configure it.

12.your browser is likely still open to the router URL http://192.168.1.1, so now follow standard dd-wrt configuration guides found online in order to customize your new championship dd-wrt enabled ASUS-RTN10+ router. Enjoy!
donphillipe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 23:13    Post subject: Can't change router name or SSID with WAN active Reply with quote
Funny bug, I tried to change both the router name and the SSID from the default DD-WRT on the ASUS RT-N10Plus and the router would not accept the change. I shut down the WAN side and the router and only at that point would accept the name/SSID change then. Weird!
csikes
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 0:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not trying to resurrect but has anyone gotten the rt N10+ to work in either bridge or repeater bridge. I have tried three versions of firmware and cannot see any wireless networks to join in the site survey (repeater bridge).

Thanks
facsi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
csikes wrote:
Not trying to resurrect but has anyone gotten the rt N10+ to work in either bridge or repeater bridge. I have tried three versions of firmware and cannot see any wireless networks to join in the site survey (repeater bridge).

Thanks

I did it.
faczywo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I have install dd-wrt on TR-N10 vB1 ralink. Everythink work ok but in Wirelles mode there is no "client bridge" mode only clinet. I try to install firmware from D-Link DIR-615 D1 but there is still no "client bridge" Sad

Any chace to get this mode on this asus?

Thanks
scwillis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
This might be causing problems for a lot of people.

The MAC address that is on the bottom of the router or the web GUI is not the one it uses to broadcast. It's one number/letter along. See here.

http://itbubbles.wordpress.com/2011/07/11/how-to-set-up-asus-router-rt-n10-rev-b1-in-repeater-mode-using-wireless-mac-filter-on-the-main-router/

I just opened the Primary AP and changed the last digit and the repeater I'd been screaming at for weeks started working.
mazey
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
does anyone know what the max wan speed is for this router, like if u had really high speed internet what speed does it go at? 20,30,40,50+ mbit?

im running dd-wrt 17990
jbuszkie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 19:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Where can I find the VPN version for this router?

I successfully flashed the build that's listed under the router database... but I see no other versions there... Or in the other downloads area.

Will I have to build my own (Ouch!)
Or am I looking in the wrong path.

Jim
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 14:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
jbuszkie wrote:
Where can I find the VPN version for this router?

Ralink based routers with 4MB flash hasn't space enough for OpenVPN.

Navigation

Jump to: