WRT54G Repeater?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
guppy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:20    Post subject: WRT54G Repeater? Reply with quote
I am a network N00B, so break out the crayons.

I heard that you can setup a WRT54G as a repeater using DD-WRT. Can someone post me a link explaining how this works and is this what I need?

Here is what I need to accomplish:

My home has a wired and wireless network with internet access, I have a mother-in-law quarters out in the backyard. The Quarters has it's own wired network (computers are connected thru a befsr81 router), but no internet access. I want to give the quarters' network access to my internet without running a ethernet cable to it. Is a repeater what I need?

The mother-in-law house is currently setup as a recording studio.
Sponsor
Donny
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Links are in the peacock announcement. Read it. You want repeater or repeater bridge, depending on how much you wish to isolate the mother in lan.

Peacock Thread Sticky- Just read it! (Anyone using SP1 will be taken out back and shot)
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486
guppy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well something called "PEACOCK ANNOUNCEMENT" does not sound like anything that I need to read, but after finding it, that is exactly where I need to start. Let me do some reading there and I'll get back with you guys tomorrow. Thanks kindly!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: