Interesting wireless drops with WRT54G v2.2 - Help please?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Cc2iscooL
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:28    Post subject: Interesting wireless drops with WRT54G v2.2 - Help please? Reply with quote
Well...I've had an interesting past few days trying to figure out why high connections (such as torrents) kill my wireless connection (and have yet to figure it out) so I'm going to ask here and see if I can get a response that might fix my problem (as the guys on IRC have been unable to figure it out so far.) I am using the newest build of the v24 beta mini (2/09/07).

So...what happens is my wireless connection drops, and basically...it won't come back up until I reboot the router. Another interesting thing I found out, is if I try to make any changes after this point in the wireless section of the router's web GUI, it comes up with a blank page (hoping this helps troubleshoot.)

So...I started out with the first thing that came to mind and took a look at the wiki. I found an interesting article about slowdowns with P2P/Torrents. I did all recommended changes...but to no effect. My wireless connection continued to drop and not allow me to connect until I restarted it, but LAN continued to function normally.

I was told on IRC that it might be due to overheating, so I tried a few things. I attached aluminum RAM heatsinks to the processor, memory, and broadcom chip. I don't think I need one on the diversity chip, but if I do let me know. The router continued to lose connection and the wireless would fail. I then inserted a fan into the mix, but still the same output...the WLAN is still completely bogging out. Syslogd shows nothing obvious, except that DHCP is reconnecting to the computer. I tried setting a static address on my wireless card, but the same output, no connection at all.

So I'm completely stumped. The load is low on the WRT when this occurs, and the connections are usually less than 200. It only occurs when using torrents or another program with many connections. During "normal" use it does not crash.

I'm hoping someone can help me out with this. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks! Very Happy
Sponsor
donb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yea.. My wirless is crashing on the WRT54gv4 router too. WTF? It used to work fine for awhile until I recently added another wireless client. Somebody HELP!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: