1. do a 30/30/30 reset
2. unplug power to your router
3. while holding the wps button plug in power
4. release wps button after 15 sec
5. config manual ip on host pc like 192.168.1.10
6. in web browser go to 192.168.1.1
7. clear nvram (not really required)
8. upload the "dd-wrt.v24-17115_NEWD-2_K2.6_big.bin" image
9. wait for about 7-8 min don't click on anything or close you browser
10. router will reboot twice
11. in web browser go to 192.168.1.1
12. config your router enable ssh save and reboot
13. follow instructions here
DHCP always works with an older versions of DD-WRT. Either there is some compatibility issue with the version you linked to, or it is a bug. Plus, I don't think Cox Communications supports anything but DHCP.
It would be nice to be able to update but I'm stuck at 16403 since it is the only one that works for me... I got my port forwarding to work from the Internet, but when looping from my Intra-net it does not... strange!
i have a 4301 which seems very similar to 4302. WAN download rates are agonizingly slow when using wireless with this build and pppoe didnt work in the 16xxx builds. sigh.
dhcp and static ip for wan work though in kong 17140 though also port forward works