DD-WRT ON LA FONERA... IT'S TIME!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
SirDracula
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 20:47    Post subject: Re: Client bridge mode? Reply with quote
joksi wrote:
SirDracula wrote:
Does the 0215_2 FON firmware support Client Bridge mode? Not pure client only, Client Bridge ... If yes, how?

thank you

You have a howto in the DD-WRT wiki, written by me.
But no, its not really that pure as DD-WRT in WRT54G router for example.
Its the use of WDS AP/Station combination, to achieve a functioning bridge, but with some issues still.

well, i looked through the wiki and I can't find anything useful, the "Client Bridged" option is missing from the wireless settings page.

I tried selecting Client and disabling the Internet connection, Fonera connects to the AP but its wired and wireless don't seem to be able to pass packets.

Is there anything else that I need to do to put them on the same subnet? Even if it's command line, I'm OK with that ...

Client mode works, but I don't want NAT in between the wired and wireless parts of the Fonera.
Sponsor
yozh
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 20:49    Post subject: Re: Client bridge mode? Reply with quote
SirDracula wrote:
joksi wrote:
SirDracula wrote:
Does the 0215_2 FON firmware support Client Bridge mode? Not pure client only, Client Bridge ... If yes, how?

thank you

Its the use of WDS AP/Station combination, to achieve a functioning bridge, but with some issues still.

well, i looked through the wiki and I can't find anything useful, the "Client Bridged" option is missing from the wireless settings page.

I tried selecting Client and disabling the Internet connection, Fonera connects to the AP but its wired and wireless don't seem to be able to pass packets.

Is there anything else that I need to do to put them on the same subnet? Even if it's command line, I'm OK with that ...

Client mode works, but I don't want NAT in between the wired and wireless parts of the Fonera.

WHy dont you use WDS ? the only problem now is that your wireless clients wont be able to connect to your FON but your wireless and wired will be bridged........
SirDracula
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 21:04    Post subject: Re: Client bridge mode? Reply with quote
yozh wrote:
SirDracula wrote:
joksi wrote:
SirDracula wrote:

thank you

WHy dont you use WDS ? the only problem now is that your wireless clients wont be able to connect to your FON but your wireless and wired will be bridged........

Because the AP I'm connecting to doesn't support WDS, so I really need this Client Bridged mode to work and I don't know how.
SirDracula
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 21:17    Post subject: No static DHCP? Reply with quote
I cannot find the Static DHCP settings in this Fonera firmware version. Has it been removed on purpose or will it show up in a future version? thank you.
yozh
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try the WDS AP and then WDS Station
SirDracula
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
yozh wrote:

I don't understand how this helps me when the AP I'm trying to bridge to doesn't support WDS.
joksi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 0:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
SirDracula wrote:
yozh wrote:

I don't understand how this helps me when the AP I'm trying to bridge to doesn't support WDS.

It wont work, if the AP is not DD-WRT (or similar with support for WDS).
Hopefully in a future version, cause DD-WRT on WRT54G routers have the specific called "Client Bridge".
joksi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 0:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have tried all ways of reflashing now, for the forth time!!

And yes, the firmware does NOT work at my router, 0209 works as usual, but not 0215_2. It just reboots as said earlier!
SirDracula
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 0:59    Post subject: Re: No static DHCP? Reply with quote
SirDracula wrote:
I cannot find the Static DHCP settings in this Fonera firmware version. Has it been removed on purpose or will it show up in a future version? thank you.

To be clear this is the feature that lets you assign static IP addresses to clients, via DHCP.

I don't understand why it was removed from this version of the firmware, it's a very important feature that v23 had.
SirDracula
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
joksi wrote:

And yes, the firmware does NOT work at my router, 0209 works as usual, but not 0215_2. It just reboots as said earlier!

Strange, 0215_2 works on mine. Maybe you should clear your NVRAM before you upgrade from 0209 to 0215_2, maybe there's some setting left over that 0215 doesn't like.
joksi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
SirDracula wrote:
joksi wrote:

Strange, 0215_2 works on mine. Maybe you should clear your NVRAM before you upgrade from 0209 to 0215_2, maybe there's some setting left over that 0215 doesn't like.

You solved my problem! Your the man!
yozh
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
joksi wrote:
SirDracula wrote:
joksi wrote:

You solved my problem! Your the man!

WOW nice, good work Smile
rt_rex
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 16:06    Post subject: Re: Client bridge mode? Reply with quote
SirDracula wrote:
joksi wrote:
SirDracula wrote:

thank you

Yesterday evening i flashed two foneras with dd-wrt and disabled the internet connection on both.
I tried to connect to each other but non of them could reach the wired network independently of the mode (AP,Client,Hadhoc,WSD STA,WDS AP)only Wireless clients could comunicate beteen them.

when the internet is disabled the bridge between interfaces is broken or is a matter of routing ,something like that.

Another wird thing one of my foneras yesterday started a loop reboot had to press "reset" >15 sec for it to come alive and it took about 5 min to finish the boot.

Some of you have to be patient when reseting it.

here is a pictur of the network activity when doing a WEB flashing

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 0:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is a new build out 218. Anyone got any feedback on this build? What was fixed and what was broke? lol
DaMaGeINC
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 0:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Id like to make a request to BS. I would like to see the WAN and LAN Lights to flash more rapidly. Its a great way to tell if its being used or just sitting idle. The current "timing" on them is really slow and doesent offer any kind of visual diagnosis. If you understand my question then great. Hope you can do something.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 19 of 39
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: