Last known good WDS, build 5594 (15 jan 2007) [Resolved!]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
jrs.jrs
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 16:16    Post subject: Last known good WDS, build 5594 (15 jan 2007) [Resolved!] Reply with quote
I have a wrt54gl connected to the WAN and two clients:
1. WRT54gv1 running Tomato 1.03, WDS
2. Asus WL-500gd with Openwrt WR0.9, WET
Security is WPA Personal, AES.

The sp3beta builds from 5594 down work fine. But sp3beta builds from 5629 won't work with Tomato in either WDS or WET modes.

Looking at the diff from Trac leaves me completely confused. http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/changeset?old_path=%2Fsrc%2Flinux%2Fbrcm%2Flinux.v23&old=5629+&new_path=%2Fsrc%2Flinux%2Fbrcm%2Flinux.v23&new=5594

Could a couple of changes in the filesystem break the WDS link? Anyone have any idea what could be going on here?

edit: SVN 5871 works again. Change in the fw, PEBKAC? Beats me.

Last edited by jrs.jrs on Sat Feb 17, 2007 21:21; edited 2 times in total
Sponsor
jrs.jrs
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 0:43    Post subject: Bueller... Bueller... Reply with quote
C'mon, Any other WDS user can confirm or deny this issue?
toussaab
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I've been having lots of problems with WDS using paired versions of v23 SP2, v23 SP3 Beta's and v24 Beta's (all mini versions). Buffalo WHR-G54S is the main AP/WAN connect and a Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 as the remote AP with 2 wireless and 1 wired clients attached.

My needs are simple really... just WDS/WEP and QoS. (keeping a lid on sons bittorrent)

Hate to say it, but switching to Tomato v1.04 recently solved all my 'weird' WDS problems. I've got over 2 years of using dd-wrt under my belt, and trying Tomato was a last-ditch effort.

Now my small network is running great, I'm not spending countless hours searching this WONDERFUL forum and my family isn't griping anymore! Rolling Eyes

If you try Tomato, be sure to go to Administration --> Configuration --> Restore Default Configuration --> Erase all data in NVRAM (thorough) to be sure all dd-wrt settings are gone. From dd-wrt, I reset to factory defaults and flashed Tomato with no problem.

I'm hoping to return to dd-wrt someday, but I'm going to wait until v24 is done and out for awhile. I was using a 3rd WRT54G v5 in client-bridged mode with dd-wrt and it was fine. WDS is my ONLY problem with dd-wrt lately.

Good luck to you.

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
This looks like it was finally fixed in the 2/15 build.

I had a bugtrak ticket on this open since it surfaced - When you had anything greater than 1-15 build in the AP, nothing would associate with it. 1-15 workied fine

I just loaded the 2-15 and WDS works fine now
jrs.jrs
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 21:20    Post subject: New SVN is good. Reply with quote
dellsweig - Thanks. Glad to know it wasn't just user error! The new version works great for me as well.

toussaab - Tomato is very pretty. And your right the QOS works well too. I'm just happy to have so many firmware good choices.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: