[Split] Compiling DD-WRT

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
sareve
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:59    Post subject: kc1608 resources Reply with quote
Hi Fractal, did that toolchain work for you and created a bootable image at least mini?
Sponsor
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 14:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Toolchain works great.... I have no problem creating K26 builds..

Just for fun I tried a K24 build even with old toolchain was broken in quite a few places.... Are you able to compile successfully.

Fractal
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 14:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just FYI:

As of 7/10/2011 Build 17330

You cannot build BIG/MEGA builds as the following are broken as sebhastian is updating the tree. Also those of you using vitualbox highly recommend upgrading to 4.10 it had major memory and performance upgrades for me.

List of broken /src/router

lzo
openvpn
freeradius

Fractal
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 16:30    Post subject: Keeping the thread going Reply with quote
So far I am up to 17505.... everything seems to compile with little effort, but brainslayer has been making alot of changes as of late..... I do get 1 error when compiling iproute2 which I will show below... if I comment out iproute2 out of the makefile I get

get_wl_instance doesnt return the right value 1

on the console, however everything seems work, web, wifi ect.. this console error would cause problems with flash upgrading as it spits the message on serial console about every 15 seconds.

iproute2 compile problem:

Code:
make -C iproute2 all
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/compiler/DEV/DD-WRT/src/router/iproute2'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/compiler/DEV/DD-WRT/src/router/iproute2/lib'
mipsel-linux-uclibc-gcc -D_GNU_SOURCE -Os -pipe -mips32 -mtune=mips32 -funit-at-a-time -Wstrict-prototypes -Wall -I../include -I/home/compiler/DEV/DD-WRT/src/linux/brcm/linux-2.6.23/arch/mips/include  -I../include -DRESOLVE_HOSTNAMES -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wl,--gc-sections   -c -o ll_map.o ll_map.c
mipsel-linux-uclibc-gcc -D_GNU_SOURCE -Os -pipe -mips32 -mtune=mips32 -funit-at-a-time -Wstrict-prototypes -Wall -I../include -I/home/compiler/DEV/DD-WRT/src/linux/brcm/linux-2.6.23/arch/mips/include  -I../include -DRESOLVE_HOSTNAMES -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wl,--gc-sections   -c -o libnetlink.o libnetlink.c
libnetlink.c: In function 'rtnl_open_byproto':
libnetlink.c:66:35: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of 'getsockname' differ in signedness
/home/compiler/DEV/toolchains/toolchain-mipsel_gcc-linaro_uClibc-0.9.32/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.5.2/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/sys-include/sys/socket.h:119:12: note: expected 'socklen_t * __restrict__' but argument is of type 'int *'
mipsel-linux-uclibc-ar rcs libnetlink.a ll_map.o libnetlink.o
mipsel-linux-uclibc-gcc -D_GNU_SOURCE -Os -pipe -mips32 -mtune=mips32 -funit-at-a-time -Wstrict-prototypes -Wall -I../include -I/home/compiler/DEV/DD-WRT/src/linux/brcm/linux-2.6.23/arch/mips/include  -I../include -DRESOLVE_HOSTNAMES -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wl,--gc-sections   -c -o utils.o utils.c
utils.c: In function 'get_prefix_1':
utils.c:240:4: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'get_integer' differ in signedness
utils.c:33:5: note: expected 'int *' but argument is of type 'unsigned int *'
utils.c: In function 'inet_addr_match':
utils.c:330:14: warning: initialization discards qualifiers from pointer target type
utils.c:331:14: warning: initialization discards qualifiers from pointer target type
utils.c: In function 'hexstring_n2a':
utils.c:512:3: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'sprintf' differ in signedness
/home/compiler/DEV/toolchains/toolchain-mipsel_gcc-linaro_uClibc-0.9.32/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.5.2/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/sys-include/stdio.h:336:12: note: expected 'char * __restrict__' but argument is of type '__u8 *'
mipsel-linux-uclibc-gcc -D_GNU_SOURCE -Os -pipe -mips32 -mtune=mips32 -funit-at-a-time -Wstrict-prototypes -Wall -I../include -I/home/compiler/DEV/DD-WRT/src/linux/brcm/linux-2.6.23/arch/mips/include  -I../include -DRESOLVE_HOSTNAMES -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wl,--gc-sections   -c -o rt_names.o rt_names.c
mipsel-linux-uclibc-gcc -D_GNU_SOURCE -Os -pipe -mips32 -mtune=mips32 -funit-at-a-time -Wstrict-prototypes -Wall -I../include -I/home/compiler/DEV/DD-WRT/src/linux/brcm/linux-2.6.23/arch/mips/include  -I../include -DRESOLVE_HOSTNAMES -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wl,--gc-sections   -c -o ll_types.o ll_types.c
mipsel-linux-uclibc-gcc -D_GNU_SOURCE -Os -pipe -mips32 -mtune=mips32 -funit-at-a-time -Wstrict-prototypes -Wall -I../include -I/home/compiler/DEV/DD-WRT/src/linux/brcm/linux-2.6.23/arch/mips/include  -I../include -DRESOLVE_HOSTNAMES -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wl,--gc-sections   -c -o ll_proto.o ll_proto.c
In file included from ../include/libnetlink.h:6:0,
                 from ../include/utils.h:7,
                 from ll_proto.c:28:
../include/linux/rtnetlink.h:563:8: error: redefinition of 'struct rtnl_link_stats'
/home/compiler/DEV/toolchains/toolchain-mipsel_gcc-linaro_uClibc-0.9.32/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.5.2/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/sys-include/linux/if_link.h:8:8: note: originally defined here
../include/linux/rtnetlink.h:597:8: error: redefinition of 'struct rtnl_link_ifmap'
/home/compiler/DEV/toolchains/toolchain-mipsel_gcc-linaro_uClibc-0.9.32/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.5.2/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/sys-include/linux/if_link.h:74:8: note: originally defined here
../include/linux/rtnetlink.h:609:2: error: redeclaration of enumerator 'IFLA_UNSPEC'
/home/compiler/DEV/toolchains/toolchain-mipsel_gcc-linaro_uClibc-0.9.32/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.5.2/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/sys-include/linux/if_link.h:84:2: note: previous definition of 'IFLA_UNSPEC' was here
../include/linux/rtnetlink.h:610:2: error: redeclaration of enumerator 'IFLA_ADDRESS'
/home/compiler/DEV/toolchains/toolchain-mipsel_gcc-linaro_uClibc-0.9.32/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.5.2/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/sys-include/linux/if_link.h:85:2: note: previous definition of 'IFLA_ADDRESS' was here
../include/linux/rtnetlink.h:611:2: error: redeclaration of enumerator 'IFLA_BROADCAST'
/home/compiler/DEV/toolchains/toolchain-mipsel_gcc-linaro_uClibc-0.9.32/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.5.2/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/sys-include/linux/if_link.h:86:2: note: previous definition of 'IFLA_BROADCAST' was here
../include/linux/rtnetlink.h:612:2: error: redeclaration of enumerator 'IFLA_IFNAME'
/home/compiler/DEV/toolchains/toolchain-mipsel_gcc-linaro_uClibc-0.9.32/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.5.2/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/sys-include/linux/if_link.h:87:2: note: previous definition of 'IFLA_IFNAME' was here
../include/linux/rtnetlink.h:613:2: error: redeclaration of enumerator 'IFLA_MTU'
/home/compiler/DEV/toolchains/toolchain-mipsel_gcc-linaro_uClibc-0.9.32/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.5.2/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/sys-include/linux/if_link.h:88:2: note: previous definition of 'IFLA_MTU' was here
../include/linux/rtnetlink.h:614:2: error: redeclaration of enumerator 'IFLA_LINK'
/home/compiler/DEV/toolchains/toolchain-mipsel_gcc-linaro_uClibc-0.9.32/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.5.2/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/sys-include/linux/if_link.h:89:2: note: previous definition of 'IFLA_LINK' was here
../include/linux/rtnetlink.h:615:2: error: redeclaration of enumerator 'IFLA_QDISC'
/home/compiler/DEV/toolchains/toolchain-mipsel_gcc-linaro_uClibc-0.9.32/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.5.2/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/sys-include/linux/if_link.h:90:2: note: previous definition of 'IFLA_QDISC' was here
../include/linux/rtnetlink.h:616:2: error: redeclaration of enumerator 'IFLA_STATS'
/home/compiler/DEV/toolchains/toolchain-mipsel_gcc-linaro_uClibc-0.9.32/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.5.2/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/sys-include/linux/if_link.h:91:2: note: previous definition of 'IFLA_STATS' was here
../include/linux/rtnetlink.h:617:2: error: redeclaration of enumerator 'IFLA_COST'
/home/compiler/DEV/toolchains/toolchain-mipsel_gcc-linaro_uClibc-0.9.32/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.5.2/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/sys-include/linux/if_link.h:92:2: note: previous definition of 'IFLA_COST' was here
../include/linux/rtnetlink.h:619:2: error: redeclaration of enumerator 'IFLA_PRIORITY'
/home/compiler/DEV/toolchains/toolchain-mipsel_gcc-linaro_uClibc-0.9.32/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.5.2/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/sys-include/linux/if_link.h:94:2: note: previous definition of 'IFLA_PRIORITY' was here
../include/linux/rtnetlink.h:621:2: error: redeclaration of enumerator 'IFLA_MASTER'
/home/compiler/DEV/toolchains/toolchain-mipsel_gcc-linaro_uClibc-0.9.32/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.5.2/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/sys-include/linux/if_link.h:96:2: note: previous definition of 'IFLA_MASTER' was here
../include/linux/rtnetlink.h:623:2: error: redeclaration of enumerator 'IFLA_WIRELESS'
/home/compiler/DEV/toolchains/toolchain-mipsel_gcc-linaro_uClibc-0.9.32/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.5.2/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/sys-include/linux/if_link.h:98:2: note: previous definition of 'IFLA_WIRELESS' was here
../include/linux/rtnetlink.h:625:2: error: redeclaration of enumerator 'IFLA_PROTINFO'
/home/compiler/DEV/toolchains/toolchain-mipsel_gcc-linaro_uClibc-0.9.32/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.5.2/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/sys-include/linux/if_link.h:100:2: note: previous definition of 'IFLA_PROTINFO' was here
../include/linux/rtnetlink.h:627:2: error: redeclaration of enumerator 'IFLA_TXQLEN'
/home/compiler/DEV/toolchains/toolchain-mipsel_gcc-linaro_uClibc-0.9.32/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.5.2/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/sys-include/linux/if_link.h:102:2: note: previous definition of 'IFLA_TXQLEN' was here
../include/linux/rtnetlink.h:629:2: error: redeclaration of enumerator 'IFLA_MAP'
/home/compiler/DEV/toolchains/toolchain-mipsel_gcc-linaro_uClibc-0.9.32/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.5.2/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/sys-include/linux/if_link.h:104:2: note: previous definition of 'IFLA_MAP' was here
../include/linux/rtnetlink.h:631:2: error: redeclaration of enumerator 'IFLA_WEIGHT'
/home/compiler/DEV/toolchains/toolchain-mipsel_gcc-linaro_uClibc-0.9.32/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.5.2/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/sys-include/linux/if_link.h:106:2: note: previous definition of 'IFLA_WEIGHT' was here
../include/linux/rtnetlink.h:633:2: error: redeclaration of enumerator '__IFLA_MAX'
/home/compiler/DEV/toolchains/toolchain-mipsel_gcc-linaro_uClibc-0.9.32/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.5.2/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/sys-include/linux/if_link.h:119:2: note: previous definition of '__IFLA_MAX' was here
../include/linux/rtnetlink.h:674:2: error: redeclaration of enumerator 'IFLA_INET6_UNSPEC'
/home/compiler/DEV/toolchains/toolchain-mipsel_gcc-linaro_uClibc-0.9.32/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.5.2/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/sys-include/linux/if_link.h:160:2: note: previous definition of 'IFLA_INET6_UNSPEC' was here
../include/linux/rtnetlink.h:675:2: error: redeclaration of enumerator 'IFLA_INET6_FLAGS'
/home/compiler/DEV/toolchains/toolchain-mipsel_gcc-linaro_uClibc-0.9.32/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.5.2/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/sys-include/linux/if_link.h:161:2: note: previous definition of 'IFLA_INET6_FLAGS' was here
../include/linux/rtnetlink.h:676:2: error: redeclaration of enumerator 'IFLA_INET6_CONF'
/home/compiler/DEV/toolchains/toolchain-mipsel_gcc-linaro_uClibc-0.9.32/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.5.2/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/sys-include/linux/if_link.h:162:2: note: previous definition of 'IFLA_INET6_CONF' was here
../include/linux/rtnetlink.h:677:2: error: redeclaration of enumerator 'IFLA_INET6_STATS'
/home/compiler/DEV/toolchains/toolchain-mipsel_gcc-linaro_uClibc-0.9.32/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.5.2/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/sys-include/linux/if_link.h:163:2: note: previous definition of 'IFLA_INET6_STATS' was here
../include/linux/rtnetlink.h:678:2: error: redeclaration of enumerator 'IFLA_INET6_MCAST'
/home/compiler/DEV/toolchains/toolchain-mipsel_gcc-linaro_uClibc-0.9.32/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.5.2/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/sys-include/linux/if_link.h:164:2: note: previous definition of 'IFLA_INET6_MCAST' was here
../include/linux/rtnetlink.h:679:2: error: redeclaration of enumerator 'IFLA_INET6_CACHEINFO'
/home/compiler/DEV/toolchains/toolchain-mipsel_gcc-linaro_uClibc-0.9.32/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.5.2/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/sys-include/linux/if_link.h:165:2: note: previous definition of 'IFLA_INET6_CACHEINFO' was here
../include/linux/rtnetlink.h:680:2: error: redeclaration of enumerator '__IFLA_INET6_MAX'
/home/compiler/DEV/toolchains/toolchain-mipsel_gcc-linaro_uClibc-0.9.32/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.5.2/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/sys-include/linux/if_link.h:167:2: note: previous definition of '__IFLA_INET6_MAX' was here
../include/linux/rtnetlink.h:685:8: error: redefinition of 'struct ifla_cacheinfo'
/home/compiler/DEV/toolchains/toolchain-mipsel_gcc-linaro_uClibc-0.9.32/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.5.2/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/sys-include/linux/if_link.h:172:8: note: originally defined here
make[2]: *** [ll_proto.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/compiler/DEV/DD-WRT/src/router/iproute2/lib'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/compiler/DEV/DD-WRT/src/router/iproute2'
make: *** [iproute2] Error 2
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 14:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Iproute2 is responsible for the ip command which is pretty important. The ip command is a replacement for several old commands but people use both styles of commands interchangeably. You could end up with all sorts of problems by not having iproute2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iproute2

Luniz2k1
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
kc6108 wrote:
No problem. Most of you guys already did the bulk of the work. I just fine tuned the scripts.

Also, many folks have asked for instructions on how to build a DD-WRT development environment from scratch or for me to provide them with my VM. Although I have no problem doing the latter, it would be faster for folks to build their own Linux platform themselves.

Here is how I did it...

1. Downloaded and installed VirtualBox.
2. Downloaded the 64-bit version of Ubuntu in iso form.
3. Burned a CD using the iso (or you can just mount the iso in the VirtualBox).
4. Used the wizard in VirtualBox to create a Linux VM. It automatically prompted me to insert the Linux installation CD that I created above.

Now you have Linux installed and ready to go.

At this point all you need to do is...
1. Start Linux, open a terminal window, and mkdir ~\DEV
2. Download the scripts from page 5 of this thread and place them in ~\DEV.
3. cd ~\DEV and run the scripts in order (ie ./00*, ./01*, ./02*, ./03*, ./04*)
4. You can also use the script (compile.sh) I created above. It makes selecting your desired build type very easy.

kc6108, you may want to update your 02_update_source.sh script and change the 3 instances of /home/doug to just ~

Code:

#point an existing link to the correct place for autoconf.h
if [ ! -h /home/doug/DEV/broadcom_2_6/src/linux/brcm/linux-2.6.23/include/linux/autoconf.h ]
then
   sudo mkdir -p /home/doug/DEV/broadcom_2_6/src/linux/brcm/linux-2.6.23/include/linux
   sudo ln -s ~/DEV/DD-WRT/src/linux/brcm/linux-2.6.23/include/linux/autoconf.h /home/doug/DEV/broadcom_2_6/src/linux/brcm/linux-2.6.23/include/linux/autoconf.h
fi

This may work for those whose username is doug, but not for those whose username is peggy Cool

Got OpenDNS?
TSS3000
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 0:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Seems that /tools/write4.c can cause issues on some systems because it doesn't "#include <string.h>". Compile works fine but garbage data gets into /etc/www because of it.

Edit:
Seems i didn't check carefully enoughf. The real culprit is "memcpy" witch should be replaced with "memmove".
"memcpy" doesn't assure that the copy operation from the source to the destination will be done in a specific order.

Tested on fedora core 16 x64.
Luniz2k1
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
TSS3000 wrote:
Compile works fine but garbage data gets into /etc/www because of it.

What sort of garbage data are we talking about?

Got OpenDNS?
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 23:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Another thing is I am finding problems with the linero 4.5.2 toolchain that is listed in source now... things like nslookup and others are segfaulting due to uclibc problems that have been fixed in newer toolchains.

I noticed that linero 4.6 is out, has anyone tried a compile with this?

-Fractal
TSS3000
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
I posted a proper bug report on it at http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/ticket/2276
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 18:01    Post subject: Toolchain Reply with quote
So we have been able to get usb squashed as of 17949, however it has become know that there is a problem with uClibc in the linero 4.5.2 tool chain that dd-wrt users.. This is what causes the segfault for nslookup and other services like wiviz.

I have attempted to update the build enviorment toolchain on my devel box, here is my findings

I have been able to get most of it working.
I have installed the toolchain that I compiled from the openwrt distro and this time selected 4.6.1 without lenaro. I copied it into place and moved the libs into /source/router/lib.mipsel

so everything compiles then gets hung on the error below in code.. However if I replace the toochain/mipsel-openwrt-uclibc/bin/ld with the ld from the 4.1.2 toolchain it works.

So I am thinking there is some linking that happens after the toolchain is moved into place.

So what happens if I replace the LD file, everything goes to compile and right before lzma builds the bin I get an error copying some libs into /source/router/mipsel-linux/uClibc/lib

it never creates the lib folder.
here is the code:

Code:

/home/compiler/DEV/toolchains/toolchain-mipsel_gcc-4.6.1_uClibc-0.9.32/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.6.1/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/bin/ld: warning: libcrypt.so.0, needed by /home/compiler/DEV/DD-WRT/src/router/libutils/libutils.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/home/compiler/DEV/DD-WRT/src/router/libutils/libutils.so: undefined reference to `crypt'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
TSS3000
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:48    Post subject: Re: Toolchain Reply with quote
Does anybody know if madwifi is required for wiviz to work properly on RT-N16? Everything compiles fine but the list in "http://192.168.1.1/Wiviz.live.asp" is empty.
Luniz2k1
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 16:58    Post subject: Re: Toolchain Reply with quote
TSS3000 wrote:
Does anybody know if madwifi is required for wiviz to work properly on RT-N16? Everything compiles fine but the list in "http://192.168.1.1/Wiviz.live.asp" is empty.

I do not include MadWifi in my custom v24-k24 builds and Wi-Viz works fine. MadWifi are atheros drivers. The RT-N16 is broadcom. Wi-Viz was broken during the last 100 or so changesets but has recently been fixed in the v24-k26 builds.

Got OpenDNS?
TSS3000
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 23:30    Post subject: Re: Toolchain Reply with quote
Thanks for the info regarding MadWifi. Initialy i was under the impresion that they are some sorth of alternative drivers. I noticed a lot of MadWifi specific code in wiviz that is why i was asking.
I will do some debug builds a bit later today and see if anything pops up on my end.

Edit:
It seems that it fails at "openMonitorSocket("prism0");"
with the message "ioctl IFINDEX failed!!!" so probably some driver issue on my side. Any suggestions will really be appreciated Very Happy.
fggs
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm having a hard time trying to create a build environment for the test I need to make.

Can anyone here build at least 17995 mini with the file attached?

This file goes inside linux-2.6.23/drivers/mtd/chips folder.

If it's not much, report whether it builds or gives error.

Much much appreciated!

cfi_cmdset_0002.c
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  cfi_cmdset_0002.c
 Filesize:  52.91 KB
 Downloaded:  477 Time(s)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23, 24, 25  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 14 of 25
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Generic Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: