Hello @ all,
I'm running dd-wrt.v24-17084_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega-nv60k.bin on my 3 e4200. As we all know, portforwarding is not working in this build, so i changed to dd-wrt.v24-16785_NEWD-2_K2.6_big-nv60k.bin . But in this configuration, i can't even get pppoe working?
Does anyone else have the same problem ? Should i try dd.wrt.v24-16785_NEWD-2K2.6_mega-nv60k ?
Is it a problem to change from mega to big ?
Where do i find it ?
greets and thanks for all replies
[Edit] or should dd-wrt.v24-16785_NEWD-2_K2.6_big-e4200.bin be the correct one ?
This thread should ONLY be used to provide or seek information that is SPECIFIC to the E4200. If you have a question on how to configure your router do not post in this thread even IF you have an e4200. See the first post in this thread. Start a NEW thread for your question. This thread is necessary for people to be able to find out information about the e4200 and will become impossibly long and useless if everyone with an e4200 tacks their questions at the end of the thread. I spent almost seven hours yesterday going through this thread and deleting posts that were either completely repetitive or did not add anything to the discussion of specific issues relating to the e4200. Thanks. _________________ SIG:
I'm trying to teach you to fish, not give you a fish. If you just want a fish, wait for a fisherman who hands them out. I'm more of a fishing instructor. So See this:
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
I have imported an american one. The us Power adapter works fine in belgium. American config does not work well ineurope. You cannot put the e4200 in auto channel select for example.
Also, I read in ct, the manual selection in the e4200 is indeed limited to the described channels, but when you set the european version to auto, it will use all allowed channels as needed.
Finally, I flashed my e4200 cfe with a European one and that worked without any problem. So now I have an americain e4200 with a European cfe and thus also European channels. If needed you can of course also do the other way around.
Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:13 Post subject: Some tests for e4200
I flashed 17201 firmware some week ago. And tested some functionality. I have another router WNR2000v2 with dd-wrt also, so I compared throughput vs this router. Conclusions are:
1) wl0 (first radio) works perfect with good throughput, signal strength and stability.
2) wl1 (second radio) works very bad, very low signal strength and very unstable, throughput maximum is half of what must be. Even when I set TX strength from 100 (default) to 150 and 200 (251 is maximum), it makes signal more unstable.
3) throughput between 2 interfaces wl0 and wl1 (for example I have 2 PCs one connected to wl0 and second to wl1) are very low file transfers reached only 150~200 k/b (some 1.5 mbit/sec).
4) I tested also wireless bridge, used WNR2000v2 as client bridge. Connection to wl0 is preaty good and stable everything worked internet and lan. Connection to wl1 very bad, no ping from PC connected to bridge to main rowter, no ping to lan at all, only preaty unstable Internet connection out.
5) Wireless bridge using N not worked at all on both interfaces.
I will test it some more also vs cable eth interfaces. But I think I will return to stock linksys firmaware for a while.
I'm also embeded C developer and I understand how much good work done to make things to work like now. I very appreciate this. And I understand that we need to wait some more time (status of firmaware for this router is WIP).
just curious, is this port still being developed? i was having some trouble with connection dropping with 17201 but on the stock firmware the 5ghz channel is unusable and i can't stand how basic it is.