Linksys e1000v2 now supported

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 17:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
@gtg142r - You don't need to but both 2.0 and 2.1 are supported now so why not put it on both? It's nice to have a consistent GUI.

See the wiki page for linking routers which explains all the different wireless modes and links to guides for each. You probably want WDS or Client Bridge mode.

Sponsor
philipballew
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 18:13    Post subject: preferred internet browser Reply with quote
Is there a internet browser better suited for flashing. currently i am running Linux(Debian)and hoping IE is not required.
HTheVicious
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 0:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

I'm new in dd-wrt community, so first of all let me say "Hi" to you Smile
I have Linksys E1000v2, just flashed it with firmware from first post. Works great, however I'd like to load some of my custom stuff. I will need only two external packages (rather small), arping and arpwatch, both are accessible through ipkg, plus four of mine not too big scripts.
The question is - what is the smallest firmware with basic wireless and ethernet functionality that I can load into E1000? Yes, I know that there is CIFS, but I really don't like that way - and I cannot use it at current environment.
I'll be grateful for any advices.

Thanks,
H.

@philipballew,

I flashed it from FF on Linux (Funtoo) and process went fine, so you shouldn't have any issues.
puspakkb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 17:54    Post subject: Per user bandwidth limitation using tc in Linksys E1000v2 Reply with quote
Hi,
I have a Linksys E1000v2 and i flashed it with dd-wrt firmware. It is working great and thanks to all who has supported its development.

I have a requirement of limiting bandwidth of particular users connected to the router (upload/download). I saw different examples of bandwidth limitation using iptables and tc.

I could not get detailed information like someone has tried bandwidth limitation using tc in Linux kernel and it worked.

Let me know if anyone who has tried tc successfully in dd-wrt.

Thanks in advance.
irbis_triffle
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 21:14    Post subject: back to stock firmware? Reply with quote
Hi ALL! I have E1000 v2.
I'm new to dd-wrt too and have a question:
-does the FW installation can be done from stock FW web interface WITHOUT ANY other actions?
-how can I get back a stock FW?

Thnx))
PadawanL06
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello. First of all thank you very much dd-wrt guru guys! What you do here it’s great!
I’ve a Linksys e1000 v2 with dd-wrt.v24-16785_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_e1000v2.bin connected to a VPN with PPTP and it’s working fine.
What I want to do now is connect it to a new VPN with OpenVPN, my question is if I update the firmware with dd-wrt.v24-16785_NEWD-2_K2.6_openvpn_small.bin or with the latest build (not sure if it's the 17201) Will it work? I’ve read somewhere that a new stable release is coming soon. Is it true? Do you recommend me to wait until this stable release to upgrade?
teprac
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:57    Post subject: Re: back to stock firmware? Reply with quote
Eko wrote:
Linksys e1000v2 is now supported. Please use attached firmware for flashing. You can simply update from original firmware GUI. After flashing be sure to restore to factory defaults.

thx Barryware for testing and patience.

Feedback welcome!

Starks wrote:
Works great.

Can flash back and forth effortlessly.

Speed is a megabit or two shy of what I usually get, but that's probably just the morning rush on my cable node.

irbis_triffle wrote:
Hi ALL! I have E1000 v2.
I'm new to dd-wrt too and have a question:
-does the FW installation can be done from stock FW web interface WITHOUT ANY other actions?
-how can I get back a stock FW?

Thnx))
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
PadawanL06 wrote:
What I want to do now is connect it to a new VPN with OpenVPN, my question is if I update the firmware with dd-wrt.v24-16785_NEWD-2_K2.6_openvpn_small.bin or with the latest build (not sure if it's the 17201) Will it work? I’ve read somewhere that a new stable release is coming soon. Is it true? Do you recommend me to wait until this stable release to upgrade?

Yes an openvpn_small build should fit onto the e1000 v2. You can use any generic k2.6 build that will fit into 4MB flash. See the peacock announcement for more info about filesize constraints.

Hammtidammti
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello

I flashed my E1000v2 with the dd-wrt version in the Database.
Then I made all settings and the router worked fine for 2 days. Now I have the problem that if I switch it on all LEDs (except WLAN) are on instantly.
Someone has an idea what that could be.
I tried a 30-30-30 hard reset but there is no reaction on pressing the reset button.
I bought the router new. and didnt made the hard reset mentioned here. Can this be the problem?
Is it bricked, or maby a hardware issue?
At0mik
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello

I've been using dd-wrt(dd-wrt.v24-17084_NEWD-2_K2.6_openvpn_small) for a week on a Linksys E1000 v 2.1. Unfortunately, I can't reach the full speed of 100Mbps (WAN <-> LAN) using this firmware.

With the factory firmware everything seems ok, I have >11MB/s, but using dd-wrt I can reach only ~5-6MB/s with NAT+QOS activated, and the maximum of 8MB/s with no NAT, no QOS, no ttraf daemon, firewall down.

The CPU is full loaded during the WAN <-> LAN transfer at the maximum speeds and I can't access the control panel or the console (telnet or ssh) until I stop the download.

The CPU is at 100% both during a p2p download or a http/ftp with almost no active ip connections.

The LAN <> LAN connection seems Ok.
nickaj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hammtidammti wrote:

Now I have the problem that if I switch it on all LEDs (except WLAN) are on instantly.
I tried a 30-30-30 hard reset but there is no reaction on pressing the reset button.
Is it bricked, or maby a hardware issue?

I have the same problem. E1000 v2 with dd-wrt.v24-16758_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_e1000v2.bin from page 1 of the thread. Had been working fine as a bridge for ~3 months until sometime this morning.

Suggestions gratefully accepted...
andyring
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 15:53    Post subject: E1000 v2 and ipv6 Reply with quote
Is it at all possible to get ipv6 working on an E1000 v2 router? I put dd-wrt.v24-16785_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_e1000v2.bin on it without any trouble, but am having trouble determining whether or not there is a way to get ipv6 to work on it.
orionshock
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 0:56    Post subject: Re: E1000 v2 and ipv6 Reply with quote
andyring wrote:
Is it at all possible to get ipv6 working on an E1000 v2 router? I put dd-wrt.v24-16785_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_e1000v2.bin on it without any trouble, but am having trouble determining whether or not there is a way to get ipv6 to work on it.

ProTip : Your ISP has to support IPv6 First, unless your talking about doing IPv6 on your LAN side & IPv4 Wan side...
Mangix
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:35    Post subject: Re: E1000 v2 and ipv6 Reply with quote
orionshock wrote:
andyring wrote:

ProTip : Your ISP has to support IPv6 First, unless your talking about doing IPv6 on your LAN side & IPv4 Wan side...
that's completely wrong...

you can set up 6to4, 6rd, 6in4, or something that i'm missing but you need to use an std-nokaid-small build instead of that mini build.
Talantyyr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 17:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I've recently bought a Linksys E1000 v2.1 Router and i'd like to use ddwrt. (That the E1000 is supported, was the main reason i bought it)

I've downloaded the dd-wrt.v24-16758_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_e1000v2.bin and tried to flash it a few times to my router. I've read the Peacock Document and tried the 30-30-30 Reset...

The Update process fails at 4%, everytime...

Edit: Btw, i do live in Austria and i've bought the router there, if that's important...

Has anybody experienced the same issue? Please help me Smile
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: