Asus rt-n13u ver B1 access problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
chimuzu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 20:44    Post subject: Asus rt-n13u ver B1 access problems Reply with quote
hi guys.
Sorry if i sound ridiculous here.
I flashed my rt-n13u Ver B1 a month a go. all worked fine with minimum setup. i simply use a USB GPRS dondle to share my Internet connection wirelessly and one desktop connected via LAN.
Recently something strange is happening.
Two laptops separated by less than a meter and both less than 3 metres from the router could not access either the Internet or the Control Panel.
I rebooted the router. This time none of the could. but the desktop connected via cable was able to access Internet and Control Panel.
When i tried to figure out the issue I discovered something weird: if I connect to the router via wireless and accept DHCP addresses, etc, thats when I cannot access anything. But if I enter manually the IP addresses and DNSs on the laptops all is fine for both Internet and dd-wrt panel.
I also noticed that when the cannection is faulty and I try to type the dd-wrt IP (192.168.1.1), after pressing enter it changes to "192.168.182. 1:3990/prelogin" but with blank content.
This happens ramdomly as after a day one of the laptops is operating normally but not the other. At a different time both will have the problem or all will operate normally.
Im in the process of trying to emulate but no luck.
Any help? I tried to explain the best I can.
Sponsor
chimuzu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 21:41    Post subject: Solved Reply with quote
Never mind and thank you if you tried to help.
I just figure out that I plugged in a machine that was running dhcp3.
All i had to do is to make sure only the router was dishing out IP addresses.
So i disabled the dhcp server on the machine. All is normal now.

For the record this is a great router:
im sharing my GPRS dondle to 3 laptops two desktops and my Samsung Nexus S.

How do I mark this as solved by the way?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: