100 pages of RT-N16 post Condensed.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
jumran
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:52    Post subject: Re: 100 pages of RT-N16 post Condensed. Reply with quote
kentt wrote:
Peabody wrote:
10. Builds 14929, 15508 and 15982 work but loopback is broken in the 15962 build.

I must be looking in the wrong place. I only see 14929 (which I'm having issues with). This is where I was looking.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others%2Feko%2FBrainSlayer-V24-preSP2%2F2010%2F

Could someone advise me.

Kind regards,
kentt

ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24-K26/svn15508/

ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2010/12-24-10-r15962/

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 23:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any stable builds for this Router yet???
MoneyNutz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
If only we can get the stable Tomato usb / Toastman / dualwan and then add the dd-wrt gui and dd-wrt repeater / repeater bridge in there then we would be in heaven.

Maybe some of the developers can use the tomato source code and make this as stable.

I am switching back to dd-wrt as it is easier to get the repeater wifi function working, not sure about usb in dd-wrt, usb works perfect in tomato.

USB drive speed is just as horrible in both that I have tested. Wifi config in tomato is well sad but works perfect 99.99% constant internet speed.

These versions works well:
tomato-K26USB-NVRAM60K-1.28.7477.1MIPSR2-Toastman-RT-Beta-VPN-NOCAT.trx
DualWan:
tomato-K26USB-1.28.0532-MIPSR2-8M-eng.trx

tomato-K26USB-NVRAM60K-1.28.9055MIPSR2-git-13042011-gcc-4.4.6-VPN.trx
curtiplas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 13:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
MoneyNutz,

that sucks so suffice to say no "stable" builds, specifically for DDWRT.

-Thanks
Curtiplas
jumran
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 15:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try a Kong build of DD-WRT, seems very stable.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks I will try this next.
PS> is this the correct link ?
http://www.myopenrouter.com/download/19806/DD-WRT-Kong-Mod-USB-FTP-miniDLNA-Samba3/
MoneyNutz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 0:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
flashmatters wrote:
All day my signal strength has been awesome on the N16 build 16994. I'm getting -47 -52 through 2 floors. However, I'm seeing fluctuating 20 to 60Mb connection speeds on one of the test clients.

Just to satisfy my curiosity and compare I put on the stock 1.0.2.3 firmware from Asus. The same client is now getting a consistent connection speed of 58Mb according to W7.

It is better to go by the Signal on the router or Speed as reported in the client?

There is a fix for this. smallnetworkbuilder has a good guide on this.

Connection speed is not all that as you have send speed and receive speed and the numbers is useless if you are not going to use anything above isp internet speeds see the links below. Both the RT-N16 and your laptop can only send and receive at best effort so if both sides has strong / good quality signal then you would get max speeds.

Transfer speeds depends on your hardware SSD to SSD on best effort wifi connection. Sun spots and other magnetic interference also messes up transfer speed / signal / lag and this does not include your internet modem to internet service provider connection and it's issues with similar interference.

Some of the tricks.
* Transmit power 128 is most effective.
* Only use CH g or b or n, G works best for me.
* No cts protection.
* 20mhz is best 40 is not that good.
* Autochannel works well enough with this settings or you can use a higher channel usually CH9 is good not sure why, CH1 and portable landline phone as issues.

More in this links below.

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-howto/31190-when-wireless-lans-collide-how-to-beat-the-wireless-crowd

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-howto/24435-wirelesslanperformanceimprovementntk

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-howto/30124-how-to-converting-path-loss-to-distance
aliatgb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any ideas on why I lose all my settings and my router reverts to factory defaults when I reboot it? I am running build 16454. When I reboot I just load my saved backup file and I am up and running but its a pain in the ass. My worry is when the router needs to be rebooted or if we have a power loss when I am not home.
bbeck
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
bkaler wrote:
I've never seen it mentioned by my 16N, every couple of weeks, sometimes months, stop working and upon reboot go back to default settings. Never seen anyone comment on it, and I reset NVRAM once and ultimately was facing the same problem, so nowadays I just reflash the same nvram.bin file every time it does it...

I use build 14537...at the time I last was on the forums it was teh bleeding edge yet "unproblematic" build, don't think future builds will fix my issue.

I have EXACTLY this problem, but my issue is that it happens every 2-3 days. I'll connect to dd-wrt and notice that when I login it doesn't have a WAN IP displayed in the header of the page. Then I know that I have a problem. I'll reboot the router and when it comes back up it's like all of the NVRAM was wiped. I have to re-create an administrator password and then restore my nvram.bin file. I've had this happen multiple times on both 14929 and 16214. It doesn't happen every time I reboot my router, only when the GUI doesn't show a WAN IP. Every time I've installed a build I've always done a 30/30/30 with the red button on the back.

The other thing I should mention is that I have all of the wireless functionality of the router disabled. My wireless network mode is "Disabled" and everything else in the wireless section is at the default. So I don't think this has anything to do with wireless.

Have others experienced this? I'd really like to fix it.
ROCCO
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 20:02    Post subject: Ver 15943 stable and fully operational on RT-N16 Reply with quote
Use version 15943 mega is stable and fully functional for my asus rt-n16. I tried to use ver 17084 and 16994 and on these i received a "segmentation fault" with Inadyn used for DDNS.

you can download it on ftp site under
Downloads › others › eko › V24-K26 › svn15943-snow

Hope this info is useful for all of us
bye
vertigo235
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 0:44    Post subject: Re: Ver 15943 stable and fully operational on RT-N16 Reply with quote
ROCCO wrote:
Use version 15943 mega is stable and fully functional for my asus rt-n16. I tried to use ver 17084 and 16994 and on these i received a "segmentation fault" with Inadyn used for DDNS.

you can download it on ftp site under
Downloads › others › eko › V24-K26 › svn15943-snow

Hope this info is useful for all of us
bye

does mixed mode G/N work well with this build? I really need that to work

right now I'm using stock firmware, but I got this router for its DD-WRT support as that's what I had on my old router

does tomatoeusb work well with mixed mode? I'll consider that although it's not my first choice
kuduku
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi
Can I use a data card on one usb port and download on external hard disk on second usb port

Dialing a data card is possible and supported according to wiki but couldn't find this specific scenario

Dial on first usb
Download on second usb
geonjay
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I recently upgraded to 16994 because, under 14929 I was having to pull the power about once a week as the router would become unresponsive. 16994 has been more stable, so far, with one exception. I've had to turn the transmit power up to 20. I've kept the default "17" in place under the last several firmware versions with no problem. I just noticed yesterday that I had reduced signal strength on my Nook and laptop in areas of my house where signal hadn't been an issue before. I've slowly brought the strength up to 20 and everything seems to be ok. I'm curious if there are any known issues with boosting the power up this far. I read in an earlier post that someone had pushed the power to 128!
jimp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 23:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
bbeck wrote:
bkaler wrote:
I've never seen it mentioned by my 16N, every couple of weeks, sometimes months, stop working and upon reboot go back to default settings. Never seen anyone comment on it, and I reset NVRAM once and ultimately was facing the same problem, so nowadays I just reflash the same nvram.bin file every time it does it...

I use build 14537...at the time I last was on the forums it was teh bleeding edge yet "unproblematic" build, don't think future builds will fix my issue.

I have EXACTLY this problem, but my issue is that it happens every 2-3 days. I'll connect to dd-wrt and notice that when I login it doesn't have a WAN IP displayed in the header of the page. Then I know that I have a problem. I'll reboot the router and when it comes back up it's like all of the NVRAM was wiped. I have to re-create an administrator password and then restore my nvram.bin file. I've had this happen multiple times on both 14929 and 16214. It doesn't happen every time I reboot my router, only when the GUI doesn't show a WAN IP. Every time I've installed a build I've always done a 30/30/30 with the red button on the back.

The other thing I should mention is that I have all of the wireless functionality of the router disabled. My wireless network mode is "Disabled" and everything else in the wireless section is at the default. So I don't think this has anything to do with wireless.

Have others experienced this? I'd really like to fix it.

I had this same problem. See here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=603280#603280
It was declared defective by ASUS and the solution was to replace it.
kage_
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've got two of my three RT-N16's doing this. One I use at home, one at work that our customers use on an outside DSL line, and the 3rd is at our church. The one in our office has been giving me fits since I installed it. Wireless network just going away and now it just reset it self back to defaults. Guess I'll call ASUS on this and see what they say.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19, 20, 21  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 21
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: