Mediatomb UPnP not visibile via WiFi on DD-WRT router

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
aapthorp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 14:07    Post subject: Mediatomb UPnP not visibile via WiFi on DD-WRT router Reply with quote
My Mediatomb server running on a Debian server is not visible via WiFi on my WRT54G router, however a Windows 7 Media Player server is.

Mediatomb is however accessible via a second WiFi router (Deutsche Telekom) and via the fixed LAN connection on the WRT.

I am assuming that this is some sort of port forwarding issue. However the strange thing is, if I detect the Mediatomb server using the Deutsche Telekom router and then switch routers to the WRT I can connect to Mediatomb.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Both routers are connected to the server via Powerline.

The WRT54G is running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/27/09) std.
Sponsor
aapthorp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Further testing seems to indicate that the problem only occurs when the Windows 7 PC is booted. I just tried a test with Windows Media Player server on Win XP and have no problem 'seeing' the Mediatomb server via my DD WRT router. As soon as I boot The Win 7 PC and re-discover I can no longer see it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: