repeater connection dropping (linksys E1000/WRT54G2)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
distorteddisco
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 0:17    Post subject: repeater connection dropping (linksys E1000/WRT54G2) Reply with quote
Hello all,

My first time in these forums. I'm having some connection issues with two routers running DD-WRT.

Basically, I use DD-WRT to rebroadcast my landlord's wifi as a different network. Landlord's router runs on 192.168.1.1 and my router runs on 192.168.2.1.

I had a Linksys WRT54G2 that had been slowing down lately. The main problem was that, even though the signal strength with my landlord's router is 71%, my connection speed drops down to 0 every couple of minutes. Often, a few times a day, I'd have to reboot the router to fix the issue.

I bought a new router, Linksys E1000V2.1 and loaded DD-WRT on it. Unfortunately the problem is still here.

Are there any tweaks that I can try to fix this?

Current version:
Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (05/03/11) mini

Thanks,
Drew
Sponsor
distorteddisco
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 0:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
I should note that my laptop and iPhone can connect to my landlord's network fine.

Would it be any better if the router was just a client rather than a repeater?

EDIT: Basically it's a repeater with a virtual interface.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: