Router WR1043ND (DD-WRT) and Repeater WA901ND (TPLink Firmwa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
matiello
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:36    Post subject: Router WR1043ND (DD-WRT) and Repeater WA901ND (TPLink Firmwa Reply with quote
Hi guys,

I'm new in here and I'm testing the dd-wrt. I'm enjoying this firmware, is more powerful.

Well, before flash my wr1043nd to dd-wrt, I used tplink firmware and my wa901nd always used tplink firmware because as far as i Know this access point don't have support to dd-wrt, right?

I need to setup a simples repeater signal, between wr1043nd and wa901nd, but as wa901nd use tplink firmare, I don't know what I have to do.

Summaring:

dd-wrt -> wr1043nd (router mode and wifi)
tplink firmware -> wa901nd (just repeater)

What I have to do, to works this configuration?
Is possible this communication? Because of differents firmwares?

Thanks
Matiello
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Which version wa901nd do you have? v1 is supported with dd-wrt.

To make it work with your current hardware, you'd have to make the wa901nd (with stock firmware) the main AP and the wr1043nd (with dd-wrt firmware) would have to be the repeater.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
matiello
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
Which version wa901nd do you have? v1 is supported with dd-wrt.

To make it work with your current hardware, you'd have to make the wa901nd (with stock firmware) the main AP and the wr1043nd (with dd-wrt firmware) would have to be the repeater.

Firstly, thanks for quick reply. And yes, the version is v2. But I didn't understand when you say to make the wa901nd the main ap, it not should be the repeater and the wr1043nd the ap (router)?

I've got make the 901 connect with 1043, but when the pcs connect with 901... The internet didnt work. I should to know the right setup that I need to do.

Thanks in advance,

Matiello
nebbia88
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 19:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
wa901nd with stock firmware should not have problems working in Universal Repeater mode with a dd-wrt router, without enabling wds or similar.
matiello
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
nebbia88 wrote:
wa901nd with stock firmware should not have problems working in Universal Repeater mode with a dd-wrt router, without enabling wds or similar.

Man, thanks for your help. This tip was helpful.

I got it Wink

The problem is I was setting only Repeater and not Universal Repeater. Now all is working.

But, now I'm curious, what is the different between Repeater and Universal Repeater?

I didn't understand what is the different.

Thanks
Matiello
nebbia88
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
RTFM :P

http://www.tplink.com/en/article/?articleid=250

Quote:
3. Click Wireless -> Wireless Settings. Select Universal Repeater as the Operation Mode. Then click Search. (If the Root Router supports WDS, you can also select Repeater.)

To use Repeater you must enable WDS on the router, but it's not sure that it will work with dd-wrt, especially with wpa2...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: