Asus WL-330N3G supported by dd-wrt???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
wheely66
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 16:17    Post subject: Asus WL-330N3G supported by dd-wrt??? Reply with quote
Hello Comunity,

The Asus WL-330N3G is listed within the supported device list, but what is ment by 'board is needed for port' in the column 'min required DD-WRT version '?

May I use dd-wrt with this router? Does the router support VPN (Client Mode)

Please give me some Information, thx.

Wheely66
Sponsor
Paul.C
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 14:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd also like to know if the Asus WL-330N3G will be supported by DD-WRT. I don't care about the 3G modem support, but do need it to act as a VPN client.

Why oh why has it not occurred to any wireless router product manager somewhere that a travel router should include VPN client support? esp. given the amount of iOS & Android devices being used with these things, something IT departments support poorly, if at all.

Do we need to donate a Asus WL-330N3G to the cause?

- Paul
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why oh why has it not occurred to any wireless router buyer that 4MB of flash space is just enough storage for stock firmware and dd-wrt has no secret formula for squeezing in big modules like OpenVPN in the build. Smile

The WL-330N3G is currently not supported by dd-wrt but may be in the future when the devs has some spare time.

There are much better travel routers available than this mediocre construction, for instance D-Link DAP-1350 with 8MB Flash and 32MB RAM but it has unfortunately not yet got dd-wrt support.
wheely66
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
@LOM

thx for your reply and please excuse me, but your post sounds a little bit funny for me. I din't ask for dd-wrt support for the ASUS WL-330N3G only because I thougt it would be nice to have, but I asked because this router is listed under the supported device list for dd-wrt, and if this router is not supported, I wonder why it is listed there Question Rolling Eyes

You suggested a much better travel router then which has all neccesseary capabilities for full dd-wrt support Razz and in the same sentence you say that it is not supported by dd-wrt Shocked Sorry, but this ist the dd-wrt forum, isn't it Question

Would be very nice from you if you could make travel router suggesetions of items with dd-wrt support, thx a lot, and please don't mind me Wink.
CU
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: