DNSMasq problem and /etc/resolv.conf

asiajason
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:16    Post subject: DNSMasq problem and /etc/resolv.conf Reply with quote
I am using DNSMasq for DHCP/DNS on my "inside" AP at 192.168.3.3 (not my edge router/gateway at 192.168.3.1).

I have the "upstream" DNS server specified (on .3.3) on the "setup-Basic setup- dnsServer" box. Things are working on clients.

However, I just read that DNSMasq gets it's upstream from /etc/resolv.conf so I check that out of curiosity, and it reads:
---------
search lan
nameserver 192.168.3.3
----------

Here is my additional DNSMasq options in "services" tab:
---------
local=/lan/
expand-hosts
dhcp-option=3,192.168.3.1 <- i found I had to do this to force the gateway to show up in dhcp clients *but* I notice theres a duplicate wrong entry in /tmp/dnsmasq.conf:
----------

and when I check the /tmp/dnsmasq.conf file I see this:

-------------
interface=br0
resolv-file=/tmp/resolv.dnsmasq
domain=lan
dhcp-leasefile=/tmp/dnsmasq.leases
dhcp-lease-max=67
dhcp-option=lan,3,192.168.3.3 <---- ** this appears to be wrong! (i don't know how to correct this one)
dhcp-authoritative
dhcp-range=lan,192.168.3.100,192.168.3.149,255.255.255.0,1440m
stop-dns-rebind
local=/lan/
expand-hosts
dhcp-option=3,192.168.3.1 <------ ** so I corrected it with this line in the manual options box
--------------------

so this appears to be wrong - both the upstream server listed in /etc/resolv.conf and the dhcp-option=lan,3 listed in /tmp/dnsmasq.conf?

Why is my setup working?

What do I need to edit in the web-based config to get the /etc/resolv.conf to correctly show "192.168.3.1"??
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: