problems recoberying buffalo wzrhpg300nhv2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
dnight
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 16:52    Post subject: problems recoberying buffalo wzrhpg300nhv2 Reply with quote
Hello,
Recently this router has come to me and I it have tried to change to the firmware of buffalo (for it of the download of torrents that dd-wrt does not have)
and according to everything,
The update was uploaded correctly but I have remained with a paperweight
It does not give me ip for dhcp, the ssid does not appear already in the list of networks and already I have tried to recover it for tftp but I am not
had successful
The light diag or dag (they could not have read me well) hinge is ignited the same thing that the power, when I try it to recover for tftp says that the cable of network is disconnected, then it has time of wait exceeded
Does it design someone?

Where can I download a firmware to be able to recover this router? It does not please me very much to have it of paperweight .. xdd

Regards.
Sponsor
dives
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 0:44    Post subject: Re: problems recoberying buffalo wzrhpg300nhv2 Reply with quote
dnight wrote:
Hello,
Recently this router has come to me and I it have tried to change to the firmware of buffalo (for it of the download of torrents that dd-wrt does not have)
and according to everything,
The update was uploaded correctly but I have remained with a paperweight
It does not give me ip for dhcp, the ssid does not appear already in the list of networks and already I have tried to recover it for tftp but I am not
had successful
The light diag or dag (they could not have read me well) hinge is ignited the same thing that the power, when I try it to recover for tftp says that the cable of network is disconnected, then it has time of wait exceeded
Does it design someone?

Where can I download a firmware to be able to recover this router? It does not please me very much to have it of paperweight .. xdd

Regards.

Try here :http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Buffalo_WZR-HP-G300NH look for revert from dd-wrt back to stock firmware 1.6 download link.

I use this router also and have two with no trouble at all, total wireless and long range from it, i am using build :16994 right now at portable building for all my computers and server. with the head end router is a stock firmware wzr-hp-g300nh connected to the modem at the office.
fyi2000
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2 is totally different from WZR-HP-G300NH.
    AR7242 vs. AR9132
    AR9280 vs. AR9103
    AR8316 vs. RTL8366SR/RB

You can't debrick WZR-HP-G300NH2 with image of WZR-HP-G300NH.

WZR-HP-G300NH2 has been supported since r16994.

Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2 - OpenWrt Wiki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,
I tried to upload via tftp openwrt and buffalo firmware using arp-s with the mac of the ssid and the mac proposed in the flashing procedure but the router does not respond to tftp
Does anyone have any idea how to re-upload the firmware on my router?
regards,
fyi2000
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
DD-WRT Forum :: View topic - Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH brick after flashing WHR firmware
buffalo_to_ddwrt_webflash-MULTI.bin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 13:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,
I tried to flash it with that file, but the router the only time responded with message tftp unsupported model.
fyi2000
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Power up WZR-HP-G300NH2. Wait 10 seconds and tftp with openwrt-ar71xx-generic-wzr-hp-g300nh2-squashfs-tftp.bin.
Source from,

Download wzr-hp-g300nh2-dd-wrt-webupgrade-MULTI.bin and follow,

BTW, to access OpenWrt's WebGUI at 192.168.1.1
    Login: root
    Password: admin

If there's no WebGUI, you'll have to telnet or ssh to 192.168.1.1 and run,
  1. cd /tmp
  2. wget ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2011/06-14-11-r17201/buffalo_wzr-hp-g300nh2/wzr-hp-g300nh2-dd-wrt-webupgrade-MULTI.bin
  3. dd bs=28 skip=1 if=/tmp/wzr-hp-g300nh2-dd-wrt-webupgrade-MULTI.bin of=/tmp/firmware.bin
  4. sysupgrade -n /tmp/firmware.bin

Replace the ftp url with the ip of a local ftp/http server.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:24    Post subject: WZR-HP-G300NH2 unable to read non-ASCII characters Reply with quote
Just start playing the WZR-HP-G300NH2. Got the firmware from buffalo-asia.com: [url]http://www.buffalo-asia.com/cgi-bin/support/download.cgi?country=hk&to=wzr_hp_g300nh2[/url]

Connecting the external harddisk to the USB port, the Chinese characters folders/files become unreadable and I cannot put Chinese-filename files through the network drive in Win7. English-name files work perfectly.

Anyone knows how to solve this charset issue?
dnight
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,
forgiveness for so long unanswered.
I have changed the router a new one, but I can not operate the transmission and so I Rebert the original firmware
I upgraded to 17201 and the enc file that provides buffalo do not take the router, I can reinstall how the original firmware?
thank you very much for the help.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 13:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
dnight wrote:
Hello,
forgiveness for so long unanswered.
I have changed the router a new one, but I can not operate the transmission and so I Rebert the original firmware
I upgraded to 17201 and the enc file that provides buffalo do not take the router, I can reinstall how the original firmware?
thank you very much for the help.

You have to use TFTP.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
dnight
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,
however much they try not to get the router to take the file for tftp
the router not respond to tftp -i 192.168.11.1 put firm.enc
Any way to change the firmware?
thanks for helping
ArtemR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
My router also doesn't respond. I tried "erase linux" - nothing changed. May be someone know way to activate tftp?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: