Belkin N-Vision V2000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
JoyElctrc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:22    Post subject: Belkin N-Vision V2000 Reply with quote
I have one of these routers and have been dilligently working on compiling the source code. I have been sucessfull on everything and the device will boot.

I have one issue, though, when the device goes to run through the startup scripts, I get nothing but permission denied issues. The only way I can get a prompt is to force a shell to load in the init script.

Then I have to use complete paths to get commands to execute. If I try to do an "/bin/ls", it just gives a return of a "." directory and all the information is bizarre.

I have done a bunch of research, and saw one article on this occuring with busybox and the LD_LIBRARY_PATH being set. I attempted to clear that variable, and still am obtaining the same result.

If anyone could point me in a direction to trying to get this resolved, it would be awesome!
Sponsor
JoyElctrc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 19:22    Post subject: News... Reply with quote
Well,

I have bricked this device, IE, erase the bootloader through the bootloader prompt.

I see no way through the serial line to dump a new image to the device, so that is that.

On the brighter side. Found two devices for $50 on ebay that I hope will at least boot. If so, then I am good to go to continue.

I also have a WNDR4000, which displayed the same permission denied issues. I was able to correct those issues on that device, so it looks very promising to have something available for this device real soon.

Wish me luck!
JoyElctrc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 18:43    Post subject: V2000 Image Reply with quote
Here is the V2000 image.

This image can be used to upgrade via the belkin web interface.

NOTE: This is for the V2000 device ONLY!
guggas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 23:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great work. It's up and running in my unit. I'll test it a bit and give you some feedback.

Many, many thanks for this work!!!

Edit: it's been running in my unit for 6 days now without any problems. The only thing I've noticed is that the wireless clients list is always empty. The same with Status->Wireless->Wireless nodes.

Great work! Thanks again!
JoyElctrc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
guggas wrote:
Great work. It's up and running in my unit. I'll test it a bit and give you some feedback.

Many, many thanks for this work!!!

Edit: it's been running in my unit for 6 days now without any problems. The only thing I've noticed is that the wireless clients list is always empty. The same with Status->Wireless->Wireless nodes.

Great work! Thanks again!

No problem. I would guess that the empty client list is due to the fact that dd-wrt was mainly ported for broadcom devices, and it usually pulls much of this info from those extensions.

Good to hear it is working for you...
Surfer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hеј JoyElctrc, great work.

Is it possible to activate jffs?
guggas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Still going strong!!! I think it improved the wireless range or maybe the quality of the signal on the limit of the range.

Again... Great work!
dyingjedi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:33    Post subject: V2000 belkin N1, I've downloaded and installing Reply with quote
I run a fulltime webserver and host a profffesional teamspeak voice chat service for free. hoping this will give me better control of atteckers and better loging thanks will let you know who things goo!

DJ Very Happy
dyingjedi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:41    Post subject: Re: V2000 Image Reply with quote
JoyElctrc wrote:
Here is the V2000 image.

This image can be used to upgrade via the belkin web interface.

NOTE: This is for the V2000 device ONLY!

Re-post:
JoyElctrc wrote:
For V2000 Image:

Please see:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=635869

BE AWARE:
This image will only work on V2000 devices!

It's Working and very well! would really like to be able to utilize the N1's built in display, if you would consider putting a little more to prefect what you have would be super super awesome and you would have 200++ grateful people here and more to come! again thanks a bunch it works, I just need to configure the thing lol =)

HI5 HI5 HI5 HI5 HI5

DJ Very Happy
qw3rty3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can't get it to work in repeating mode. Has anybody been able to use the n1 as a repeater?

Thanks
MexicanPeso
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 23:51    Post subject: I know it has been a few weeks but... Reply with quote
thanks for all the work, flashed it no problem, did the full factory reset first, All all has been well

thanks again!
MexicanPeso
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:47    Post subject: SNMP Reply with quote
Hmm,

My touchpads can no longer see my hp printer since the upgrade, and it turns out that snmp could be the culprit. I cannot access this feature at all in the newest version of dd-wrt you used to create this image.. once again, great work.. but they have not included snmp in this build. What was the last version to use snmp, and can I downgrade now that I have the router flashed to dd-wrt? Which build would I use if this is possible?

thanks in advance
dyingjedi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 0:47    Post subject: Re: SNMP Reply with quote
MexicanPeso wrote:
Hmm,

My touchpads can no longer see my hp printer since the upgrade, and it turns out that snmp could be the culprit. I cannot access this feature at all in the newest version of dd-wrt you used to create this image.. once again, great work.. but they have not included snmp in this build. What was the last version to use snmp, and can I downgrade now that I have the router flashed to dd-wrt? Which build would I use if this is possible?

thanks in advance

Hmm i don't think you can just load on any particular DD-wrt at least i wouldn't dare unless the creator of this one confirms it to be true! BTW I use networking printing just fine but i use TCIP and networking copying and fax scanner on my brother 5500 all in one! look into changing protocols from SNMP to TCIP temporarily while you wait for a response from @JoyElctrc good luck! As progress with the Belkin N1 Vision V2000 Router i have it fully DD-wrt and love it! i love being able to host several wireless networks! look forward to an updated version were we could utilize or built in Belkin display but I'm sure kernel would have to be re-compiled with the mod for it!
HI5 hi5 hi5 HI5!

DJ
MexicanPeso
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 23:38    Post subject: printer update fixed it Reply with quote
no idea why, but firmware update on my HP 1312nfi printer fixed it and I can see it again, thanks for the reply, I really didn't want to mess with it!
dyingjedi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 0:43    Post subject: Re: printer update fixed it Reply with quote
MexicanPeso wrote:
no idea why, but firmware update on my HP 1312nfi printer fixed it and I can see it again, thanks for the reply, I really didn't want to mess with it!

This is great news! Wonderful hi5 enjoy the newer router.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: