Edimax BR-6574N

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
mikeharris
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
So what is the latest on this PPPOE problem with the BR-6574n?

Is anybody looking at fixing it?

Sponsor
mikeharris
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
I presume that from the lack of response that this router is not supported anymore...

Shame - The standard firmware is not that great and actually I bought the Edimax on the basis it was supported -!
m1byo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have just installed the latest version on my 6574 (build 17201),

I uploaded the image.tftp to the router using the Windows 7 tftp client and had the expected success message, it seemed to 'break' the router so it would just keep rebooting every 10 seconds.

I then re-ran the process and uploaded the image.tftp again using the same tftp program and it worked, it rebooted once after about 10 seconds and then came online perfectly.

With regards to broadcasting the wireless on channel 13 and 9, you need to set it to 40Mhz bandwidth rather than 20Mhz (20 will give you only 150 Mbps N).

From reading the forum, it seems that the Wi-Fi LED is a casulty of the ddwrt upgrade and hasnt worked on any of the versions availabe for the 6547.

Overall, after getting ddwrt installed on my router, it seems to have halved the measured ping time (5-17ms rather than 15-38ms) and everyting feels much faster.

I have set up for ddwrt to turn off the wireless at night and have found a couple of bugs:
* If you reboot the router when the wireless should be off, it is on until you "apply settings"
* If you look at the status page, the radio is always on even when the wifi is off and it has successfully disconnected clients.

I have also found when I replaced my router on my Virgin Media cable connection (and installed ddwrt over the stock firmware), I needed to reboot the virgin modem as otherwise it would not get a WAN ip address.

All in all, it seems to work great on the 6574. Thanks very much for all the hard work.
tntowka
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
one more happy dd wrt user Smile
tried build 14896 - wi fi seems to work very slow. Going to try 17201. Wanted to post some note for rookies like me:

If you running original edimax firmware use TFTP flash for moving to dd-wrt, web-flash didn't work for me and for most other users.

Remember: you MUST set your computer's IP to any from 192.168.1.0 network, and you MUST TFTP to 192.168.1.6 even if your router is @192.168.1.1 or any other IP. (192.168.1.6 is a kind of emergency IP when router starts, or smth like that)

Also don't forget that you have to TFTP image to router when it's starting after cold reboot. In my case I waited about 4-5 seconds after plugging power in before starting TFTP transmission.

Those were my common mistakes, which costed me additional 1-2 hours of time. Jope this will help somebody Smile
ilyad
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi there! Successfully upgraded to ddwrt on my BR-6574N, but was unable to connect via pppoe. So i was forced to revert to original buggy firmware. =(
What with pppoe on 17201? And where are you geting it? Last release i can download from fw database is 14896
lospo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 23:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tried to upgrade from webflash, and no way, follow the guide, using tftp (router wlan light blinking during the transfer) and no way, always the same edimax firmware... can anyone give me some ideas?
ilyad
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, webflash doesnt work.
Seems that your firmware is realy flashing into device, so the only reason i can imagine is wrong firmware file. Maybe you flashing original edimax fw?

I found 17201 fw and flashed it, but pppoe not working anyway...
sektor51
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:32    Post subject: Successful update Reply with quote
Hi,
Thanks to "tntowka", the update was sucessfully done with tftp and it works just perfect. There is some minor issue with wifi, but I hope to fix it by settings.
daviessm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 14:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just realised wi-fi in r18024 doesn't work on this router but releases up to and including r18004 are fine. Raised ticket 2346 in Trac for this issue.

http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/2346#ticket
rob200375
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 19:45    Post subject: pppoe connecting using Edimax br 6574n Reply with quote
Hi,

I have finally got the router flashed with dd-wrt and is a vast improvement on the original firmware.
But as per other users I am unable to gain internet access on my infinity line, has anyone got pppoe working on the Edimax and/or is anyone working on a fix for this as this router looks to be exactly what I require if I can get internet access.

thanks in advance

rob.
ilyad
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Created ticked about pppoe, maybe it would draw some developers attention.
http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/2362
nodds
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has there been any developments with those users who can flash via tftp but who do not upgrade to DD-WRT?

I can flash succesfully but nothing happens after that. The router and its settings stay the same.

anyone?

Smile
azphzero
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 17:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
So, I just wasted about 4 hours trying to flash DD-WRT onto my BR6574n...
It appears to be one of the 1.0A models which others have had trouble flashing.

I started trying to flash various versions of DD-WRT over TFTP, connecting to 192.168.1.6, but after the reboot, the modem would be back on stock firmware.

Then I spotted this post:
oschmadi wrote:
Hello SSCC and alex350r,

have you tried the initial TFTP-flash with the factory-to-dd-wrt.bin version Sash provided on page 7 of this thread?

It has a CSYS header...

Flashing that firmware over TFTP or web just resulted in a brick, and reflashing DD-WRT over that was just as unsuccessful as before.

After that failure, I put the stock 1.70 firmware back on, and tried another cycle of uploading DDWRT over TFTP, with the same problems as what I started with.

Somewhere in that last set of updates, it stopped reverting to the stock, but there is no web interface or any other means of communicating with it. Right now, the WLAN led flashes orange intermittently along with the power led. My guess is that it's updated partially but some problem has stopped it from loading the full system.

Some kind of workable method to flash DDWRT to these problematic models would be nice...
ilyad
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I experienced only one problem: after successfully flashing dd-wrt fw via tftp, i rebooted router by switching power off/on, and it entered reboot cycle. Then I realized I need to hold reset button for about 10 sec instead of turning power off, and it reboots and load normaly.

P.S. Still unable to connect over PPPoE. It seems like provider-specific problems, cuz many people are able to connect, but few are unable. My friend on d-link upgraded to original new 1.3 firmware and wasnt able to connect too. D-Link support confirmed that 1.3 arent connecting to OUR internet provider yet.
No other words but WTF? Confused
mafteah
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:39    Post subject: Edimax BR-6574N build 14896 - WAN won't work faster 60 mbit Reply with quote
remove please
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 29 of 33
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: