When did DDWRT become about money and not the users!

Pharaoh
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 20:51    Post subject: When did DDWRT become about money and not the users! Reply with quote
The state of current affairs here is a appalling.

The last official firmware was back in june with one bricking one since then which was yanked.

The bug report system may as well not exist since we got sash closing reports left and right regardless of wither the bug is fixed or not.

Yes sash its actually there for bugs to be reported.

The forums are becoming increasingly quiet as people are becoming increasingly dissatisfied and disgusted.

When did this become about egos and money and not about the people who make it what it is.

When did brain and the others forget the only reason that it exist is because of the people.

How can they be so blind to the fact that without the users it wont exist let alone make money.

There are still some brave souls doing good work trying to keep ddwrt what it once was.

Sadly though it likely already to late since there are some very unhappy people now wondering why there code is being used in this way.

For the long term people this well likely seem like a case of deja vu for them.
We went through this before with Sveasoft which ironically DDWRT was the answer to.
Now here we are with ddwrt following the same bloody path.

Read this well you can since posts have a habit of going poof around here.

Remember folks this exist because of the users and the not the other way around.
Sponsor
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not a challenge.. just a question..

what set you off?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
As far as I know, the developers are very busy working on several known bugs (a broken QoS being one of them). No need for duplicate bug reports.

Can't see much wrong here, actually... Only real issue is that we urgently need a new build that fixes some very conspicuous bugs. A good stable official Service Pack 2 would be ideal.

Let the devs do their work, I'd say...

https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/p/tomato.html
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 0:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Simply put here, you have a choice whether to use this firmware or not, the devs (yes the people that code the firmware) have the liberty to decide when they want to release builds, the same builds that you probably use for free (what was that about money and egos?)

The forums being quiet, now thats a good one, maybe people are tired of answering the same questions over and over, and with the amount of whining (such as this post) who wants to converse? This is the second or third post you have issued out causing this type of negative feedback (yes to me this is just another spin off post of the ones you left in the Atheros section of the forum)... and don't take the feedback from me as a flame, just some food for thought.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=141931

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Mangix
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
your comment about the pulled build bricking routers is somewhat inaccurate. i'm running version 17461 std-nokaid-small on an e1000v2 and have no complaints. PPPoE uptime is 28 days for now(previous record for me was 31 days...Yeah!). afaik only the mega build bricked routers.
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mangix wrote:
your comment about the pulled build bricking routers is somewhat inaccurate. i'm running version 17461 std-nokaid-small on an e1000v2 and have no complaints. PPPoE uptime is 28 days for now(previous record for me was 31 days...Yeah!). afaik only the mega build bricked routers.

I was running the same build using pppoe. I changed my isp over the weekend. I now have a much faster dhcp wan connection. No matter what I did, I could not get a wan ip with 17461. I just swapped my gateway router (TM) with a spare running 15962 and it took off immediately.

In regards to 17461 being pulled.. If I recall correctly, it was bricking routers but only a certain type. TP-Link if memory serves but I am not sure.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 14:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:

For the long term people this well likely seem like a case of deja vu for them.
We went through this before with Sveasoft which ironically DDWRT was the answer to.
Now here we are with ddwrt following the same bloody path.

Read this well you can since posts have a habit of going poof around here

thanks for speaking out dude that takes guts so heres my support to you and lets see who eles will speak up ......

i remember the days of Sveasoft and yes do see it as a case of daja vu.. i too in some aspects think that the thought of profit can make one person forget where and how ddwrt came about..now im not one to bad mouth anyone infact can somewhat understand that the thought of welalth can make one forget that ddwrt is GPL. for some if it was there code that some one took credit for would be "whinning" themselfs in the same fashion and if they didnt agree with what you say would just not read this post and not be "whinning" himmself "he said this here and he said that over there boo hoo hoo Crying or Very sad ", i have my own opinion about people like him ,im betting he got his ass kick alot when he was in school for whinning Crying or Very sad " , but back to the point...., in brains defense look at it like this bro, once one can convince themselfs of there own lies its becomes really easy for them to try and convince everyone eles and at that point shows what type of person they really are iv seen the the removal of names that were in old releases to ones now ,alot of people have but,..again this is just my opinon and i might be wrong , ok i have no prob with that, in that case brain shouldnt have a problem sending me you or anyone of us a licenes for the special release that he charges for along with the "complete" source code included with its distribution thats is not encrypted and i would have no problem saying i am mistaken. but really ,do ya think thats going to happen and who can say its really complete and buildable code. and as far as what makes post go "poof" are ones that are like yours that might open the eyes of others but even faster ones that recommend that others to google ddwrt and sevensoft and ddwrt posible gpl violation and make there own decision.. and tell it www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl ...im sure they could set this record straight and to brain ill be waiting for a copy of the complete sorce code... lol and again not bad mouthing just giving my oppion.. now back to the real whiner I've never made a post about this but its people like you that make me speak out and i am almost sure that you will be "Crying or Very sad whinning:cry:" to someone about me
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sparktologist wrote:
[

thanks for speaking out dude that takes guts so heres my support to you and lets see who eles will speak up ......

snip

What a load of bollox from a freshly created account.
Not worth more of a reply than this!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pharao just to give an opposite opinion, I'm using dd-wrt since about one year. I've loaded my routers with stable versions for their specific hardware and had no issues since then: uptime can be counted in months.
I can't update one of them because of an annoying issue that disables the LAN ports but I don't care. I really don't understand this need for new versions every month as long as there is at least one old version that works decently. Your flame is useless.
Sparktologist
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
What a load of bollox from a freshly created account.
Not worth more of a reply than this!

true it is a freshly created account.i do have another one but after 5 years or more havent had anything to say,or any reason to log on till now. but been around a lot longer then you it looks like. but still as a developer myself iv put my two cents and quite a few hrs myself in years past with dd-wrt & could really give a crap less if i got recognized or even credit for what iv done,but there are those, who, if not for there time and effort ,would you be here "snipping" in the first place. now brain himself ,dont get me wrong now, has done his fine share towards dd-wrt and its development and has been a great asset to it but there are a majority that remember the main purpose of dd-wrt the reason for branching away from Sveasoft. for his own and only his work if he he feels that he must charge for it i say market it but dd-wrt was about custom firmware, helping other not only to learn it but how to build it compile it and sometimes even brick it themselfs and even if it ment decorating the web interface with all the "bananna republic crap" they wanted to, they worked at least a little bit for it just the same.and last i knew restricted html files and a noticable differance between the paid and free release ,as on the store page states" This utility was already built inside DD-WRT but you had to start it manually" so he charges you to use what was already in ddwrt & even if he finnished it,it is still the work of not just him but the start from someone eles but damm your saying its ok for him to cash in on it.. ok maybe if no one complains . but if that release of software <paid release> bricks a router or two or 100 because of an error contained in it then yes he should be responsible for the repair of those routers .(claiming responsibilty by selling the softwere as a speical release of HIS OWN. and really you talk like you know everything about it, tell me, has any one compiled a working release from any "Complete source code" given by Him as defined by The gpl ?how about u ? why dont you show us how its done ...i like to know if so , i would like to see it jabber or please alow me i am more then willing to give it a try myself..only differance...if by the slim possibility it was complete youll see credit will be given where credit is due (the point)...and we might see how much you might really not know.other then that take it like this...if i want to hear the opinion from an ass like you ,i would have farted. and try to remind yourself by having your lips planted so close when kissing ass you take the risk of getting pink eye, again. Shocked
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sparktologist wrote:
tell me, has any one compiled a working release from any "Complete source code"

Member(s) Kong, Fractal, and JoyElctrc are compiling builds from source and posting those builds or links to the builds on the forum. There may be others, I just know about those three members.

As far as the rest of the rant, I'll leave all that up to you guys..

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 14:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sparktologist wrote:
...i would have farted. and try to remind yourself by having your lips planted so close when kissing ass you take the risk of getting pink eye, again. Shocked

Wuzzup Jeremy ? I didn't read all the proceeding horseshit you posted, but the quoted lines did earn you some extra asswhole credits. I thought you had done shit yer bitsums and were finally gone, but we were not so lucky. Wink

We be drinkin' Stoli these days, finally done graduted up from the beer for the most part. Hows that drip been tasting that you've been slurpin' from the chicken pen water trough ? Ain't so bad after a few years of getting used to, eh ? Razz

http://69.175.13.131:8015 Streaming Week-End Disco. Station Ripper V 1.1 will do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: