Asus RT-N13U B1 mod (r19519)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
warrior
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the new firmware and now i can connect to the external drive Very Happy
but there seems some bug, internet does not works sometimes and i have to restart the router for that Crying or Very sad
Sponsor
Sauva
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
warrior wrote:
internet does not works sometimes and i have to restart the router for that Crying or Very sad

I managed to resolve spotty internet and slow speeds by cloning my computer's mac address to the router. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it, but I haven't had those problems since I did that.
warrior
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 13:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
^ mind explaining a bit further with pics if possible Rolling Eyes
Sauva
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
warrior wrote:

Setup tab, third one over is mac clone. Click the option to copy the computer's mac address, save, apply, reboot everything (including the modem).
rafael.baugis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 18:15    Post subject: ASUS original sucks. DD-WRT MOD Much better! Reply with quote
Wow. Thank you for making this change in the DD-WRT!

At first I thought he bought a paper weight Acquired by having this router. By poorly developed software.

But with DD-WRT this mod everything works fine.
I have an ADSL modem in bridge mode, pppoe dialer With the router (ASUS) with active Wi-Fi and WPA2 encryption.

SMB = running
share name = ps2smb; path = /mnt/ps2smb
share name = storage; path = /mnt

SSH = running

Partitions mounted and activated.
1st FAT32 (mnt)
2nd SWAP
3rd EXT3 (opt)

Installed programs.
Transmission (daemon running).
BusyBox
dosfstools

Now I ask!
Anyone know of any Optware with WEB-GUI to download from rapidshare and megaupload or even http and ftp?

Thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anyone installed a serial port on the router yet
rlg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:40    Post subject: repeater bridge ? Reply with quote
Does this work in repeater bridge mode ? I have it working in client mode, but would really like all devices to be on the same subnet.

BTW I have created an extended gpio program to use power led and WPS button, if anybody is looking for these let me know.
ralph_irving
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:27    Post subject: Re: repeater bridge ? Reply with quote
rlg wrote:
BTW I have created an extended gpio program to use power led and WPS button, if anybody is looking for these let me know.

Yes, I'd appreciate the program, preferably the source code

Thanks,

Ralphy
neftv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
You guys that have the RT-N13U B1 working have you tried a wireless device such as a phone?
I have posted in the Tech support thread (below)in this same forum my issue with trying to get my Nokia 5800 to work with it when I use this firmware. My Netbook works with the Wifi with this firmware. What I dont understand why my phone wifi wont see the router. I did test see the other thread. Yet my phone works fine with Wifi on my Asus WL-520GU using DD-WRT and other routers I gone too so I can't blame the phone. This is my last chance to get ideas.
rlg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 15:43    Post subject: led gpio Reply with quote
The source code for LED is attached. This is derived from the source code for original gpio. The additions are "get" and "led".

Usage:
led_gpio <get | poll | enable | disable> <pin>
led_gpio <led gpio on off blinks rests times>
gpio: gpio number of the board
on: number of ticks that the LED will be bright
off: number of ticks that the LED will be dark
blinks: number of on-offs that the LED will blink
rests: number of on-offs that the LED will rest
times: number of blinks before the LED stops

Note: 1 tick is equal to 100ms. The maximum number is currently 4000

The "get" option is for use in shell scripts. It returns with current status of button.

The power LED seems the only one that can be controlled. Others seem to be directly under hardware control. It corresponds to gpio 7. The options for led might be confusing at first, so here are a few examples.

Turn on led
led_gpio led 7 4000 0 1 0 4000

Turn off led
led_gpio led 7 0 4000 0 1 4000

Blink 5 times
led_gpio led 7 1 1 1 1 5
asusno1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 16:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
neftv wrote:
You guys that have the RT-N13U B1 working have you tried a wireless device such as a phone?
I have posted in the Tech support thread (below)in this same forum my issue with trying to get my Nokia 5800 to work with it when I use this firmware. My Netbook works with the Wifi with this firmware. What I dont understand why my phone wifi wont see the router. I did test see the other thread. Yet my phone works fine with Wifi on my Asus WL-520GU using DD-WRT and other routers I gone too so I can't blame the phone. This is my last chance to get ideas.

I am also experiencing a problem. The net on both my pc and laptop is working(partially) but not on my mobile galaxy tab though i can connect the wifi on the mobile but cant access the internet.
neftv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
asusno1 wrote:

I am also experiencing a problem. The net on both my pc and laptop is working(partially) but not on my mobile galaxy tab though i can connect the wifi on the mobile but cant access the internet.

I also tested with changing the default router IP address from 192.168.1.1 to something I like to use like 192.168.123.xxx then it wont route to internet even though I have IP address,gateway and so forth from ISP. In that condition Wifi Connected on my Nokia 5800. When I put the default IP address back to 192.168.1.1 I get no connection to my Nokia Wifi but Have internet access on the wired lan.
I am glad someone else looked at this issue so It not just me.
I just wonder where do we go from here?
facsi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 17:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
I sold my rt-n10+ and bought this n13u.

People are talking about the lack of usb support. I dont know if I install this firmware or the 17027 listed on the webpage. They really made the rev B1 without the usb drivers even with 8MB of flash?
martyres
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi there, i got an error with gpio 7 led and sesbutton script to unmount and killall services.

Does anyone got these erros too?
warrior
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 14:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sauva wrote:
warrior wrote:

Setup tab, third one over is mac clone. Click the option to copy the computer's mac address, save, apply, reboot everything (including the modem).

I tried that already but still the internet stops responding randomly. I need to reconnect/repair the wifi to solve the problem. I wasn't experiencing such problem in the old firmware. I already tried it on my other computers and also on my friend's laptop.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22, 23, 24  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 24
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: