AirPrint via WZR-HP-G300NH USB attached printer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
jdvoracek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:35    Post subject: AirPrint via WZR-HP-G300NH USB attached printer? Reply with quote
I've found instructions I understand for modifying cups and avahi services for linux generically to enable AirPrint printing from iPad devices. I have USB storage, printing via p910nd, and opkg all installed and working. I have no experience, however, working with cups and avahi, so I'm wondering if anyone has installed cups alone or with avahi on any Atheros WiSOC based router? Can it be done? Thanks in advance!
Sponsor
AcostaJA
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Airprint is both simple and complex.

It's simple, coz what airprint does is to send to the printe the printwork as a basic PDF document.

It's complex, coz you need to process this PDF to print commands.

and maybe you'll need to create your own service, a TCP listener connected to a CUPs printer, the TCP listener besides the Airprint protocol, must decode the PDF received and print it to Cups.

BTW, here are some very good and cheap printers with airprint, as the HP D110A ( I have one and its amazing ), no need to ocupe the USB port too coz it connect to the network via WiFI client.

If you can code and share it to the community OK, but seems cheaper to buy a new D110a.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: